Update on Both Jokelben servers 2.0 and 2.1

Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Update on Both Jokelben servers 2.0 and 2.1

Post by urlcenter »

Due to high download traffic both jokelben servers 2.0 and 2.1 are temporarily in accessible, this means that there was 1 or more very large downloads that exceeded what the jokelben server account limits.

This is now the third time this has happened with Jokelben 2.0 since December and the first time with jokelben 2.1!

When downloading from either jokelben server, please keep the following details in mind:

All of the audio recordings are in MP3 format with most if not all of the concert recordings are less than 200 MB is size but downloading multiple shows at one time can add up to a very large download which in turn effects the bandwith limits of the servers.

Most of the video recordings are in large MP4 format and each video file can range in size from 2.5 GB to as much as 5 GB in size downloading multiple video recordings at single time results in a VERY large download which in turn effects the bandwith limits of the servers.

Although there are now two jokelben servers 2.0 and 2.1 this does not change the bandwith limitations

Sunlover who owns both servers has a small backlog of concert recordings from the Margaritaville TV Cabin Fever replays to upload but they will have to wait another 2-3 weeks for the servers to be accessible.

Both jokelben servers are made available for all Parrotheads to use and enjoy the recordings that are uploaded to them. Please think of other Buffett fans before doing any binge like downloading
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Re: Update on Both Jokelben servers 2.0 and 2.1

Post by PeretHed66 »

Nice job, people. It's not that hard, Sunlover and urlcenter have laid out how to best utilize this great resource pretty clearly.

This is why we can't have nice things.
More Doyle!
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

Please don't be a bandwidth hog! Whoever is doing so is simply being selfish. Please let other members use this resource!
SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

Just a quick update to let you know that server 2.1 is currently online.

Also, it is not necessarily someone on BN that is doing the excessive downloading. Jokelben has been mentioned several times on another Buffett fan site, as well as on BN Facebook page. This can result in high bandwidth use from anywhere. My request is that users simply pace themselves while downloading. You don't have to grab a bunch of shows at once. Download a few shows that are memorable to you to enjoy now, then come back later to get more if you want. The servers are not going anywhere and I will do my best to keep them available as much as possible.

When either server hits their bandwidth limit, the only thing you can do is wait for the limit to reset. Jokelben 2.0 should be up within a week or so.
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Martyritaville »

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - but consuming no JB bandwidth - thank you again for all that you do for us, Sunlover! :D
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

bren924
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by bren924 »

Thank you SunLover! You are performing a wonderful service for us.

------------------------------------------------------
1993-2022
Boston Strong! 5/30/13
See you at Great Woods 8/13/22!
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

Saw that link to 2.0 was active and tried to get on but got the bandwidth exceeded message. Really hope that some thoughtless jackasses haven't already jacked it up. 2.1 was in good shape, though. Grabbed the 98 MOTM show.

Thanks as always Sunlover. Looking forward to getting some of the stuff I know you've been trying to post for a while (Bora Bora and New Zealand).
More Doyle!
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

Any word on when the 1994 Great Woods show or the Bora Bora show will be uploaded as audio files?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

sandman78 wrote: July 1, 2020 10:10 pm Any word on when the 1994 Great Woods show or the Bora Bora show will be uploaded as audio files?
Sunlover has a backlog of uploads of both audio and video recordings to upload, between his regular job and the servers being locked he is a bit behind but he will get them uploaded. With Margaritaville TV continuing to replay older shows Sunlover's work load keeps increasing in terms of capturing and uploading.

Regarding the 2010 Bora Bora show, the video recording is on the server in the folder labeled Marg TV Rebroadcasts which is located in the video directory. The video directory is one of the first two folders you see when you first logon to the server
ChzHeadParrothead
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Watermelon Margarita

Post by ChzHeadParrothead »

Out of curiosity, was the September show in Newfoundland Canada ever broadcast? Don't remember if I've seen that one or not.

And by the way, SunLover has a real job? I just thought we kept him chained to a radiator so he could record and upload shows? :D
~~Visions of good times, that brought so much pleasure, makes me want to go back again!~~Image

urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

ChzHeadParrothead wrote: July 4, 2020 9:10 am Out of curiosity, was the September show in Newfoundland Canada ever broadcast? Don't remember if I've seen that one or not.

And by the way, SunLover has a real job? I just thought we kept him chained to a radiator so he could record and upload shows? :D
The Newfoundland show was not streamed live
ChzHeadParrothead
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Watermelon Margarita

Post by ChzHeadParrothead »

Besides the Dublin and Bora Bora shows, do we know what are the shows that are in the works to being uploaded? Certainly something to look forward to! :D
~~Visions of good times, that brought so much pleasure, makes me want to go back again!~~Image

urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

ChzHeadParrothead wrote: July 5, 2020 7:57 am Besides the Dublin and Bora Bora shows, do we know what are the shows that are in the works to being uploaded? Certainly something to look forward to! :D
I sent Sunlover a PM asking that very question but have not heard back from yet