Glad to be here THURS @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Glad to be here THURS @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

tailgaitingph wrote: July 2, 2020 4:49 pm
bodypainter wrote: July 2, 2020 4:36 pm Hi there! y morning started rough. I pulled my small boat away from the back of the garage and a dangling cord from a shop light caught on a cleat. The cord snapped off the four foot light, breaking one of the two wire chains supporting it. The light swung wildy from one chain. I stood on a step ladder to remove it and that chain broke when I grabbed it. Lucky for me it didn't fall and shatter the glass tube. Then I hooked up the boat to find I had no lights, unhooked that boat, hooked up the other one and took off. There was adetour to my lake of choice, so I drove further to a lake I used to fish a lot. On this small lake folks were having a great summer day. The ramp was beside a public beach where the childre play in the surf all day. :D
I swear, I always have problems with my trailer lights! :-?
Glad you were finally able to get out on the water!
Catch anything?
Nope. I'm fishing for muskies and don't catch many. In four trips i hooked four , landed one and had 6 follows to the boat.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

bodypainter wrote: July 2, 2020 4:36 pm Hi there! y morning started rough. I pulled my small boat away from the back of the garage and a dangling cord from a shop light caught on a cleat. The cord snapped off the four foot light, breaking one of the two wire chains supporting it. The light swung wildy from one chain. I stood on a step ladder to remove it and that chain broke when I grabbed it. Lucky for me it didn't fall and shatter the glass tube. Then I hooked up the boat to find I had no lights, unhooked that boat, hooked up the other one and took off. There was adetour to my lake of choice, so I drove further to a lake I used to fish a lot. On this small lake folks were having a great summer day. The ramp was beside a public beach where the childre play in the surf all day. :D
And I thought 6 trips to the bathroom was a bad day for me.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

We didn't get a drop of rain and the sun's out again. 🍺
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Had a hellacious day at the shop today. A small funeral, a huge funeral and all of the regular deliveries. Then after lunch another medium funeral for first thing tomorrow morning (except that we are closed tomorrow through Monday) so everything had to be done and delivered today! And we ran out of everything white in the shop except daisies! Then as we were finishing up the last of the orders that needed done today, another funeral came in for 10:00 Monday morning....we are basically out of freaking everything and we got the order for the casket spray 🙄
Anyway, I'm home, Bryan had a double shot of Cabo Wabo and a margarita waiting for me and I'm just done! Until tomorrow, then I will have to clean house in preparation for our family get together on Saturday.
You're Killing Me Smalls
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

moog wrote: July 2, 2020 5:26 pm
And I thought 6 trips to the bathroom was a bad day for me.
As long as it's not that many at night.
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

melon59 wrote: July 2, 2020 6:36 pm Had a hellacious day at the shop today. A small funeral, a huge funeral and all of the regular deliveries. Then after lunch another medium funeral for first thing tomorrow morning (except that we are closed tomorrow through Monday) so everything had to be done and delivered today! And we ran out of everything white in the shop except daisies! Then as we were finishing up the last of the orders that needed done today, another funeral came in for 10:00 Monday morning....we are basically out of freaking everything and we got the order for the casket spray 🙄
Anyway, I'm home, Bryan had a double shot of Cabo Wabo and a margarita waiting for me and I'm just done! Until tomorrow, then I will have to clean house in preparation for our family get together on Saturday.
My grandad was a florist. On a funeral display, someone asked what are those flowers? He called them sideoroadems. "What's a sideoradem/"

Grandpa replied,"Flowers I gathered on the side of the road."
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

bodypainter wrote: July 2, 2020 7:01 pm
melon59 wrote: July 2, 2020 6:36 pm Had a hellacious day at the shop today. A small funeral, a huge funeral and all of the regular deliveries. Then after lunch another medium funeral for first thing tomorrow morning (except that we are closed tomorrow through Monday) so everything had to be done and delivered today! And we ran out of everything white in the shop except daisies! Then as we were finishing up the last of the orders that needed done today, another funeral came in for 10:00 Monday morning....we are basically out of freaking everything and we got the order for the casket spray 🙄
My grandad was a florist. On a funeral display, someone asked what are those flowers? He called them sideoroadems. "What's a sideoradem/"

Love it!!!

(((((melon)))))
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: July 2, 2020 3:04 pm
moog wrote: July 2, 2020 2:46 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: July 2, 2020 2:19 pm
moog wrote: July 2, 2020 2:01 pm If I had enough money the last thing I would do is drop the f bomb over the radio.
What's the 1st thing you'd do?
Walk into work naked.
And make all your co-workers feel inadequate?
The 2nd thing would be spend some time in jail 😀
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

I got all my hairs cut today! I think I lost a few pounds!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Just curious, since you guys are basically out of everything, how will you take care of the order for the Mon funeral & casket spray?
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Saltx3 wrote: July 2, 2020 7:54 pm I got all my hairs cut today! I think I lost a few pounds!
Not that you needed to loose any more :wink:
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

bodypainter wrote: July 2, 2020 7:01 pm

😂😂😂
You're Killing Me Smalls
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

tailgaitingph wrote: July 2, 2020 7:56 pm
Just curious, since you guys are basically out of everything, how will you take care of the order for the Mon funeral & casket spray?
Well, the order is "only" for 125.00 "half couch" spray which is a smaller size. We do have some uncommon things, like bells of Ireland, large oriental lilies, gerbera daisies, sunflowers, pink lilies....and lots of carnations and daisies in the shop. And we can make something very pretty. But the customer just can't be specific about what the design must have. Luckily, the person who placed the order is the deceased lady's son and he wasn't picky.
You're Killing Me Smalls