Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Jokelben 2.0 / 2.1 Server Updates

Post by SunLover »

I have some good news about the Jokelben server. With over 1,500 registered users, the download demand has increased quite a bit, especially with so many people sheltering in place. To help balance the demand and hopefully offset server downtime, I have launched a mirror Jokelben server, also hosted on pcloud! This mirror site contains all the shows and content as the main site and you download just as you normally do.

Simply logon to the Jokelben Portal Page as usual. You will now see two server access points and their current status on the Server Info page. Select either server as it is available, and browse the shows.

There may be times when I take one of the servers offline to balance the load a bit, in case bandwidth starts to get high on one of them. The only time both servers would be unavailable is if download bandwidth is exceeded on both. In that case, we will simply have to wait until the billing cycle resets.

I hope this helps avoid any downtime due to bandwidth issues. I know it's annoying when you can't get the shows you want, so hopefully, this will help with demand. A good idea is download the shows you know you will watch at that time, then come back later and get other shows you want. As Jimmy says, "you just gotta pace yourselves" with the downloads.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Jokelben 2.0 / 2.1 Server Updates

Post by Dr.Corona »

Once again appreciate the effort & hard work you're doing SunLover!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

Thank you!!! Any idea on when some of the virtual tour will be uploaded? I would love the audio to some of the shows.

Thanks!

Sandy
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

sandman78 wrote: May 16, 2020 10:45 am Thank you!!! Any idea on when some of the virtual tour will be uploaded? I would love the audio to some of the shows.

Thanks!

Sandy
As soon as Sunlover has time to do uploading he has a small backlog of both audio and video recordings to upload
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

Any idea on when the audio for the Cabin Fever virtual tour will be uploaded to the server?

Thanks!

Sandy
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

sandman78 wrote: May 29, 2020 11:08 am Any idea on when the audio for the Cabin Fever virtual tour will be uploaded to the server?

Thanks!

Sandy
As soon as Sunlover has a chance to do it, he has a backlog of both Cabin Fever audio and videos to upload.
dtabor
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by dtabor »

I hadnt been on the server in awhile. The last time was before the upgrade. Now I havent been able to get to either server as they say they are all at capacity. Does it ever open up or is it just luck of the draw to get in at some point? The old server never did this so just looking for an update!
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

dtabor wrote: June 3, 2020 8:30 am I hadnt been on the server in awhile. The last time was before the upgrade. Now I havent been able to get to either server as they say they are all at capacity. Does it ever open up or is it just luck of the draw to get in at some point? The old server never did this so just looking for an update!
I posted an update in separate post that can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=101185

The servers are hosted at a company called pCloud and the hosting account has a bandwidth limit for each server. When the bandwidth limit is exceeded the server is locked down. Sunlover who owns the server created the second server known as jokelben 2.1 to try an avoid the bandwidth issue but apparently both servers limits were exceeded resulting in both servers being locked down. These lock downs of the servers are the result of what I have termed "binge downloading" or large volume downloading. This means people downloading a large number of concert audio recordings or video recordings at one time rather than just 1 or 2 shows at a time.

Unfortunately the servers will remain locked down until the next billing cycle for the pCloud account starts on June 18 at which point both servers will be accessible again.
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

Folks, please follow the instructions and download one show at a time. Violating this makes it impossible for the rest of us to access the library, and for SunLover to add to it.
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
dtabor
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by dtabor »

urlcenter wrote: June 3, 2020 12:58 pm
dtabor wrote: June 3, 2020 8:30 am I hadnt been on the server in awhile. The last time was before the upgrade. Now I havent been able to get to either server as they say they are all at capacity. Does it ever open up or is it just luck of the draw to get in at some point? The old server never did this so just looking for an update!
I posted an update in separate post that can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=101185

The servers are hosted at a company called pCloud and the hosting account has a bandwidth limit for each server. When the bandwidth limit is exceeded the server is locked down. Sunlover who owns the server created the second server known as jokelben 2.1 to try an avoid the bandwidth issue but apparently both servers limits were exceeded resulting in both servers being locked down. These lock downs of the servers are the result of what I have termed "binge downloading" or large volume downloading. This means people downloading a large number of concert audio recordings or video recordings at one time rather than just 1 or 2 shows at a time.

Unfortunately the servers will remain locked down until the next billing cycle for the pCloud account starts on June 18 at which point both servers will be accessible again.
Thank you urlcenter. I will check again after the 18th.