Twenty Degrees and the Furnace is out MONDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Twenty Degrees and the Furnace is out MONDAY@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning BN. I was packed for another 5 hour road trip and woke up to no heat. The repair man is on his way. Anne's car has issues. I may be stuck in Podunk.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Twenty Degrees and the Furnace is out MONDAY@ the MSC

Post by dnw »

Good morning, Bill. I saw photos of your art work at Cabin Fever. Great job! Hope your day gets better. :D

Debbie
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

That sucks Bill. At least it didn't happen last week. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Thanks,pholks! Furnace is fixed.ROAD TRIP!!!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

bodypainter wrote: February 4, 2019 9:27 am Thanks,pholks! Furnace is fixed.ROAD TRIP!!!
Wow -- that was fast (Thank Goodness) !!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Morning BNers
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. I wasn't planning on going grocery shopping today but I ran out of corn flakes after this morning's breakfast. I always keep 2 boxes of cereal in the pantry, I don't know what happened. I have nothing for lunch either. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Twenty degrees and the furnaces are on here in the Upper LH Corner. We live on a bluff with a southern exposure and usually have a wind out of the south or southwest. It's pretty unusual to have the wind howling out of the north, but the polar vortex has hit us and the wind (and snow) are whipping down the street in front of our house. We had a couple of inches of snow last night, so the town has come to a standstill. Schools are closed, garbage/recycling collection postponed, snowmageddon on all TV channels, no newspaper delivery..... oh well, another log on the fire, another pot of coffee on the stove, all is good here.

ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

I'm stepping up on my soap box.

Ive been dealing with pain in my neck (and it's not Kevin this time :) ) since September. Xrays/MRI show degenerative disc disease at 4 vertebrae. I HAD an x-ray guided injection procedure scheduled for Feb 12. The Dr was going in at 4 places to shoot some type of steroid with the hope of giving me some relief.

Saturday I got a "surgery prepay estimate" from the ortho group. Seems I have until Saturday Feb 9 to pay $614.80 or the surgery will be cancelled. We've been patients of this practice for more than 10 years and have had 6 surgeries between Kevin & I. We've never gotten anything like this. I called the office and was told they started this last year sometime. It is the amount that my insurance company says I currently have outstanding against my $1500 yearly deductible. It would have been nice to know that when the surgeon's assistant sat with me back on Jan 21 and scheduled the procedure :(. I cancelled the surgery and the March 4 followup appointment. The CBD cream will have to do.

Stepping off of my soap box now.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Hello, hope all is well. I just noticed I have a very interesting PM (SPAM) and want to let the Mods know that we may have a spammer in our Midst
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

ragtopW wrote: February 4, 2019 4:43 pm Hello, hope all is well. I just noticed I have a very interesting PM (SPAM) and want to let the Mods know that we may have a spammer in our Midst
From Lauradix
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

We hit 59 degrees here today, so we even got to open the door and get some fresh air at the flower shop! Its starting to rain now, but I'll take the rain over snow! Have a good evening everyone!
You're Killing Me Smalls
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

melon59 wrote: February 4, 2019 5:19 pm We hit 59 degrees here today, so we even got to open the door and get some fresh air at the flower shop! Its starting to rain now, but I'll take the rain over snow! Have a good evening everyone!
It's 68 right now. The forecast for the rest of the week is 68 tomorrow, 69 Wednesday, 72 Thursday, 74 Friday and then down to 49 Saturday. The normal high this time of year is about 55. I might have to start wearing shorts again. 8)
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

LIPH wrote: February 4, 2019 5:37 pm
melon59 wrote: February 4, 2019 5:19 pm We hit 59 degrees here today, so we even got to open the door and get some fresh air at the flower shop! Its starting to rain now, but I'll take the rain over snow! Have a good evening everyone!
It's 68 right now. The forecast for the rest of the week is 68 tomorrow, 69 Wednesday, 72 Thursday, 74 Friday and then down to 49 Saturday. The normal high this time of year is about 55. I might have to start wearing shorts again. 8)
I know how you feel, I was severely over dressed for work today! Did you get your corn flakes and lunch???
You're Killing Me Smalls
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Yes I did, I'm in no danger of starving anytime soon. :lol:
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

LIPH wrote: February 4, 2019 6:33 pm Yes I did, I'm in no danger of starving anytime soon. :lol:
Well that's a weight lifted off my mind! As someone who likes to cook, my worst fears is someone being hungry! 😂😂😂
You're Killing Me Smalls
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Saltx3 wrote: February 4, 2019 4:08 pm I'm stepping up on my soap box.

Ive been dealing with pain in my neck (and it's not Kevin this time :) ) since September. Xrays/MRI show degenerative disc disease at 4 vertebrae. I HAD an x-ray guided injection procedure scheduled for Feb 12. The Dr was going in at 4 places to shoot some type of steroid with the hope of giving me some relief.

Saturday I got a "surgery prepay estimate" from the ortho group. Seems I have until Saturday Feb 9 to pay $614.80 or the surgery will be cancelled. We've been patients of this practice for more than 10 years and have had 6 surgeries between Kevin & I. We've never gotten anything like this. I called the office and was told they started this last year sometime. It is the amount that my insurance company says I currently have outstanding against my $1500 yearly deductible. It would have been nice to know that when the surgeon's assistant sat with me back on Jan 21 and scheduled the procedure :(. I cancelled the surgery and the March 4 followup appointment. The CBD cream will have to do.

Dang that s*cks!

(((Linda)))
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
SeattleParrotHead
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

That sucks X3 Linda! Pain in the neck, indeed! We had something similar when we had to change dentists years ago. I wasn't too happy when I had to pay my share (the estimated non-insurance portion) up front at the time of service and then was super unhappy when it took them 3 months to reimburse me for the several hundred dollars they overcharged me (underestimated the insurance payment). Saw that dentist twice, have been with the current dentist for 23 years.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

ragtopW wrote: February 4, 2019 4:44 pm
ragtopW wrote: February 4, 2019 4:43 pm Hello, hope all is well. I just noticed I have a very interesting PM (SPAM) and want to let the Mods know that we may have a spammer in our Midst
From Lauradix
Thanks, Santa. We get new 'members' every day and most of them are SPAM. She's already's been banned. :)
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Saltx3 wrote: February 4, 2019 4:08 pm It is the amount that my insurance company says I currently have outstanding against my $1500 yearly deductible. It would have been nice to know that when the surgeon's assistant sat with me back on Jan 21 and scheduled the procedure :(. I cancelled the surgery and the March 4 followup appointment. The CBD cream will have to do.
:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? What a shame. I've not paid much of anything with my 3 injections, surgeons, surgery center, my doctor, MRI's, and x-Rays. and PT, and are just now about to cover my $2500 deductible. Twice. 2018, and now 2019. Tho I've not gotten much relief from the injections. :(