Son Of A Son Of A Sailor 2018 Tour
Thursday, July 05, 2018

01 Livingston Saturday Night
02 Weather is Here
03 Tampico Trauma
04 Boat Drinks
05 Cowboy In The Jungle
06 Five Oclock Somewhere
07 Come Monday (ft Caroline Jones on vocals)
08 Trip Around The Sun (ft Caroline Jones on vocals)
09 Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
10 Cheeseburger In Paradise
11 One Particular Harbour
12 Volcano (ft Chris Jahnke, musical director from E2M, on keyboards)
13 Medley: Eleanor Rigby / King of Somewhere Hot (Robert Greenidge and Peter Mayer)
14 Bluesgrass Medley: Grapefruit Juicyfruit / Mañana / Fool Button / Piece of Work
15 Coast of Marseilles (ft Caroline Jones on vocals)
16 It's My Job
17 Fins
18 Pirate Looks At Forty
19 Sail On Sailor (Beach Boys cover)
20 Margaritaville
21 Changes In Latitudes

Encore, Band Intros

22 Southern Cross
23 Why Don't We Get Drunk
Last edited by SunLover on July 6, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: 07.05.2018 - Camden, NJ

Post by urlcenter »

Caroline Jones is opening this show, so Jimmy should take the stage around 8:30
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Hey Dave. We left fellow BNers sistergoldenhair, her hubby Mike and tailgatingph in NJ this morning. We came back home to PA and they headed to Camden. But, we’ll all be together tomorrow in Pittsburgh.

Hope to see a few friends on tv tonight !
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

BBT Pavilion – Camden, NJ
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
Son Of A Son Of A Sailor 2018 Tour
Thursday, July 05, 2018

01 Livingston Saturday Night
02 The Weather is Here
03 Tampico Trauma
04 Boat Drinks
05 Cowboy in the Jungle
06 Five O'clock Somewhere
07 Come Monday
08 Trip Around the Sun
09 Son of Son of a Sailor
10 Cheeseburger in Paradise
11 One Particular Harbour
12 Volcano
13 Medley: Eleanor Rigby/ King of Somewhere Hot (Robert Greenidge and Peter Mayer)
14 Blues Grass Medley: Grapefruit Juicy-Fruit/Manana/Fool Button/Piece of Work
15 Coast of Marseille (with Caroline Jones)
16 It's My Job (For the Superbowl Champion Eagles)
17 Fins
18 A Pirate Looks at 40 (Jimmy played this on his new Martin guitar)
19 Sail on Sailor
20 Margaritaville
21 Changes in Latitudes

Encores:

22 Southern Cross
23 Why Don't We Get Drunk
Last edited by urlcenter on July 5, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Cheeseburger, OPH and Volcano back to back to back nice change to the set list
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

I love It's My Job nice change here
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Evening URL. Just finished chores & now it's time to do some "homework" on the computer.
Dropped in to catch the last hour or so. Sounding like the Camdenites are having a good time in the background!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Listening and enjoying!
Great show!
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Hey folks. We’re watching and getting excited to head out to Pittsburgh for the Saturday show
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Envious of the Pittsburgh gang getting ready to fire up this weekend. Show sounding great tonight!

Unfortunately I had to choose between friends & Phriends this weekend. Alas, the loyalty to friends won out. I guess sampling some Grand Rapids Michigan Breweries & seeing Michael Franti isn't the worst thing in the world that could happen to me this weekend! Looking forward to reading the reports from the Pittsburghers Come Monday!
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

WOW! :o Speechless as to JB's choice for final song tonight. If I was in attendance for this show & knew that was to be the show closer no doubt I'd been parking lot bound before that one! :-?
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Dr.Corona wrote: July 5, 2018 10:12 pm WOW! :o Speechless as to JB's choice for final song tonight. If I was in attendance for this show & knew that was to be the show closer no doubt I'd been parking lot bound before that one! :-?
Can't agree more ref the final song.
I was literally standing there thinking 'this can't be the final song', then the lights came on.
Only followed a little of the set list as I wanted to be 'surprised' for my shows but I am really disappointed with the last song. Oh well, I still have Pitt & Bristow to hold out for better encores :lol:

That being said, I moved 2 rows closer a few songs in as my row were a bunch of yellow album peeps & had a blast singing & dancing with my new found phriends. There was also several seats in our row (nice moving around room) & around us that were empty...
Really good to see some BN'ers that I wasn't expecting (Ravi, Lisa) & others that were friends of Colleen & Mike!!
Fantastic hot, sweaty & amazing day.
Now off to bed to travel to Pitt tomorrow.
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Got into Camden around 1 pm yesterday. Tried to get to the same lot as last year but got detoured by signs and police
into another lot. Paid $30 and pulled in before I realized how far from the venue I was. My brother Chris and his wife and
kids wound up parked next to me. Lot filled up and people were allowed to put up pop-up tents. It was alright but just
didn't have the "party!" atmosphere. Walked by a few other lots on the way to the show where NOTHING was set up at all.
Enjoyed the concert but this might be my last trip to Camden in a while. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

I am not sure what the bigger shocker was last night between "Why Don't We Get Drunk" as the closing song or Jimmy actually not performing "Brown Eyed Girl"!!
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Dr.Corona wrote: July 5, 2018 10:12 pm WOW! :o Speechless as to JB's choice for final song tonight. If I was in attendance for this show & knew that was to be the show closer no doubt I'd been parking lot bound before that one! :-?
I think Jimmy made a decision during the show last night to shorten the show as he only performed 23 songs verses the usual 25-26 songs. Also the encore set was cut from the usual 3 songs down to 2 and a couple of songs usually done later in the show were done earlier to speed things up a little

Clearly the heat and humidity were brutal last night as Jimmy had to change Tee-Shirts mid-show which I have never seen him do before. Nadirah Shakoor was also having issues with the heat humidity especially during the Bluegrass medley. Roger Guth, the drummer was soaked by the end of the show. Jimmy had to dry his face off several times between songs as the show progressed.

Instead of complaining about Jimmy's choice of final song we should all give extra kudos to Jimmy and the band for putting on a great show in difficult climate conditions. Remember Jimmy is 71 and still takes the stage on the hottest muggiest nights for his fans.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

urlcenter wrote: July 6, 2018 11:35 am
I think Jimmy made a decision during the show last night to shorten the show as he only performed 23 songs verses the usual 25-26 songs. Also the encore set was cut from the usual 3 songs down to 2 and a couple of songs usually done later in the show were done earlier to speed things up a little

Clearly the heat and humidity were brutal last night as Jimmy had to change Tee-Shirts mid-show which I have never seen him do before. Nadirah Shakoor was also having issues with the heat humidity especially during the Bluegrass medley. Roger Guth, the drummer was soaked by the end of the show. Jimmy had to dry his face off several times between songs as the show progressed.

Instead of complaining about Jimmy's choice of final song we should all give extra kudos to Jimmy and the band for putting on a great show in difficult climate conditions. Remember Jimmy is 71 and still takes the stage on the hottest muggiest nights for his fans.
You are correct URL. I was a bit harsh in my comment to the point of "walking out early".
While I would stand by being disappointed in the show closer due to the fact that WDWGD has been played out IMO & shall we say a "classier" tune would seem more apropos.....shouldn't take away from the performance & the fact that these guys are human.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Dr.Corona wrote: July 6, 2018 12:11 pm
urlcenter wrote: July 6, 2018 11:35 am

You are correct URL. I was a bit harsh in my comment to the point of "walking out early".
While I would stand by being disappointed in the show closer due to the fact that WDWGD has been played out IMO & shall we say a "classier" tune would seem more apropos.....shouldn't take away from the performance & the fact that these guys are human.
Last night was only the second time on the 2018 Son of A Son of A Sailor tour that Jimmy has performed "Why Don't We Get Drunk". For me the bigger shocker was one song he did not play and that was "Brown Eyed Girl" I cannot remember a show without that song!
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

He didn't play BEG 2 weeks ago in Seattle. It was probably the 25th song on the setlist, but he only played 24 songs.....
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Got to meet the whole band yestserday at the pre party. Minus the ladies! But it was awesome. The show was awesome too. Cowboy in the jungle and coast of marsailles was amazing
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.