Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Jokelben 2.0 Access Info

Post by SunLover »

The Jokelben 2.0 server is back online! It is currently protected by a password, which you can get by going to the new Jokelben 2.0 portal page.

Just click on the image below, pass through the captcha, then get the password.

Hosted on Image

Some stuff to know:
  • If you leave the Jokelben 2.0 server, you will have to re-enter the password to return to the server.
  • The password will be changed at random intervals, so you will need to visit the Jokelben 2.0 portal to obtain the updated password.
The portal page is still being developed, but the captcha passthrough is tested and working as expected, so you can have access to the server. This page will also be updated as necessary.

I apologize for the temporary server lockout, but in the interest of our fellow Parrotheads and for Jimmy's work, we need to protect this great collection of material.

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.
SunLover
Here We Are

Re: Jokelben 2.0 Access Info

Post by SunLover »

<reserved for future content>
chasescott66
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: First Look
Number of Concerts: 41

Post by chasescott66 »

SunLover, thank you for all of your work on this, it is greatly appreciated. I am having an issues when I try to play a song on my phone, tried my iPhone and Samsung and both fo the same. I say "this link is password protected" when I click a song.
sylvanhead
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by sylvanhead »

Dumb question. When trying to watch one of the older videos from Jokelben, the the Gulf Coast show from 2010, they are in some format I don't know. How do I fix that so I can stream it to my TV like the shows that are in mp4 format? Thanks! And thanks for all you do for us!
I shot 6 holes in my freezer....
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

sylvanhead wrote: September 26, 2017 2:46 pm Dumb question. When trying to watch one of the older videos from Jokelben, the the Gulf Coast show from 2010, they are in some format I don't know. How do I fix that so I can stream it to my TV like the shows that are in mp4 format? Thanks! And thanks for all you do for us!
The Gulf Coast show is on the server it two formats

One format is an ISO file format which requires making a DVD of the show before playing it. The folder for this version is labeled BD9 Gulf Coast 07112010

The other format is DVD format which can be downloaded and burned to a blank DVD. The folder for this version is labeled DVD Gulf Coast 07112010. If you have downloaded this version you can convert it to MP4 format using video conversion software such as DIVX
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

Sunlover, urlcenter and anyone else involved, thank you so much for all your hard work on this! :D

I took it out for a spin and tried a some downloads and everything seems to work well.

I owe all you guys so many beers and cheeseburgers at this point, it's just ridiculous. :lol:

Thanx again! :D
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

urlcenter wrote: September 26, 2017 3:27 pm
sylvanhead wrote: September 26, 2017 2:46 pm Dumb question. When trying to watch one of the older videos from Jokelben, the the Gulf Coast show from 2010, they are in some format I don't know. How do I fix that so I can stream it to my TV like the shows that are in mp4 format? Thanks! And thanks for all you do for us!

One format is an ISO file format which requires making a DVD of the show before playing it. The folder for this version is labeled BD9 Gulf Coast 07112010

The other format is DVD format which can be downloaded and burned to a blank DVD. The folder for this version is labeled DVD Gulf Coast 07112010. If you have downloaded this version you can convert it to MP4 format using video conversion software such as DIVX
I think there is also a folder with the show as .wmp files. These are in HD. You can play these with Windows Media Player, or convert them to .mp4 and play them in iTunes/Apple TV. I use Handbrake to convert video files. It is free and easy to use for dummies like me.
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Bucarader wrote: September 26, 2017 6:19 pm
urlcenter wrote: September 26, 2017 3:27 pm

I think there is also a folder with the show as .wmp files. These are in HD. You can play these with Windows Media Player, or convert them to .mp4 and play them in iTunes/Apple TV. I use Handbrake to convert video files. It is free and easy to use for dummies like me.
The Windows Media Player version is not on the jokelben server any longer
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

Well, then that's that.

(Glad I downloaded them when I did!)
chasescott66

Post by chasescott66 »

Any word on how to get then to stream on an iPhone? As I mentioned before, when I click a song, it says “The link is password protected.”
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

chasescott66 wrote: September 26, 2017 11:58 pm Any word on how to get then to stream on an iPhone? As I mentioned before, when I click a song, it says “The link is password protected.”
Since there is now a password requirement to access/download, since it's the same file (but streaming) the password requirement still applies. You could always download the shows/songs and add them to your phone.

I'm sure things will get back to normal in time; but for now, patience is a virtue.

Fins up.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

chasescott66 wrote: September 26, 2017 11:58 pm Any word on how to get then to stream on an iPhone? As I mentioned before, when I click a song, it says “The link is password protected.”
I just tested with an android phone and got the same message. This appears to be a limitation when attempting to download or stream to a mobile device. For now, your best bet is to download the show to your PC, then transfer them to the device with iTunes or copy/paste.

Sorry for the inconvenience...
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

My biggest challenge is still, how do I "join" all the .mp4 tracks together into one file for the entire show (as said earlier, I have the old .wmp files converted to .mp4). My best solution so far is to create an "album" or "playlist" with them on iTunes and play that.

I tried downloading a program called MP4 joiner one time, and it didn't work. Any ideas? I can't figure out how to do it in VLC.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

Bucarader wrote: September 29, 2017 8:01 am My biggest challenge is still, how do I "join" all the .mp4 tracks together into one file for the entire show (as said earlier, I have the old .wmp files converted to .mp4). My best solution so far is to create an "album" or "playlist" with them on iTunes and play that.

I tried downloading a program called MP4 joiner one time, and it didn't work. Any ideas? I can't figure out how to do it in VLC.
Sorry for the late reply... Are you looking for the Gulf Coast show in mp4 format? If so, I can post that (as well as the other shows) to jokelben during the weekend.

I had posted the various videos in DVD format since most people wanted them as DVDs. I guess more people are into streaming the content now, so I would need to post them either as mp4 or in mkv format, which is more compatible for streaming. I apologize for the oversight. I'll start working on that project...
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

Yes! That's absolutely what I was trying to do. I have all the old .wmp files and converted them to .mp4. I was trying to "combine" them into one .mp4 (like all the other shows).

If you have that, I'd love to have it! The .mp4 is in HD, correct? I know DVD files are not. I'm all for the better quality! Besides, I've converted all my DVDs to .mp4 and stream them with iTunes. They are much easier to play and watch these days in that format.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

Bucarader wrote: September 29, 2017 4:56 pm Yes! That's absolutely what I was trying to do. I have all the old .wmp files and converted them to .mp4. I was trying to "combine" them into one .mp4 (like all the other shows).

If you have that, I'd love to have it! The .mp4 is in HD, correct? I know DVD files are not. I'm all for the better quality! Besides, I've converted all my DVDs to .mp4 and stream them with iTunes. They are much easier to play and watch these days in that format.
Haha! I've been doing the same DVD to mp4 conversions as well, so I can play whatever episode or movie on demand. I guess the DVD format is slowly dying as well... :wink:

Yes, the original capture file for Gulf Coast is HD 720p m2t format, so converting to mp4 is no biggie. I'll work on that this weekend and post to Jokelben 2.0.
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

Thanks so much! You are awesome, and your work means more than you know.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

I have posted the mp4 version of the Gulf Coast show on Jokelben. I also posted the ZBB/JB Crossroads show in mp4, in case anyone wanted that.

Just visit the Jokelben 2.0 Portal Page and navigate to the Videos folder.
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

That is great! I was able to download it this morning. My daughter and I will watch it after her nap today, since this is a pseudo-holiday.

We appreciate all you do!

Edit: we watched the .mp4 file today, streamed it to a 50" plasma via Apple TV and listened to it though a Bose Acousticmass system. It looks and sounds great! So much so that I deleted the old single .wmp files that I converted to .mp4 and watched in a playlist. This is way better! Thanks again!
chasescott66

Post by chasescott66 »

It is saying wrong password when I try to access it.