Jimmy Buffett - Buried Treasure

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

teddyn
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 1

Jimmy Buffett - Buried Treasure

Post by teddyn »

Is the long-promised rarities album finally going to be released?
Amazon has for pre-order October 27th.
https://www.amazon.com/Buried-Treasure- ... my+buffett
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Re: Jimmy Buffett - Buried Treasure

Post by SharkysMV1 »

This is a great sign! Been looking forward to this/crossing my fingers for awhile.

Thanks for finding and posting.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

Is this finally going to be the rarities and alternate versions album?
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

unreal
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Been waiting years for this one. :D

Debbie
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

I wonder if this will have songs like "Please Take Your Drunken 15 Year Old Girlfriend Home" and "Lawyear and the a**hole" on it? Or if it will be like the "Before The Beach" album? I know that was all previously released material, but it sounds like this may be more stuff from that era.

I sure hope it has the aforementioned rare tracks, and alternate takes that we all covet.
teddyn
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by teddyn »

I hope it's released on vinyl -- seems like it would be appropriate to the material.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

No album art, no track listing and an article on the front page of BN that links to a 6 year old USA Today article where Buffett says his work on the project should be done in the next couple of months. Excuse me for being skeptical. I think I'll wait until October 27 before I get excited about this. Your mileage may vary.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Buried Treasure is a collection of songs written by Jimmy between 1969 and 1973 in other words during Jimmy's Barnaby Records days and before he relocated to Key West. All of the tracks are previously unreleased material will have a folk music sound similar to the songs released on the albums "Down To Earth" and "High Cumberland Jubilee"

It is not a collection of rarities and or album alternates however those can be found for downloading on the jokelben server.
SharkysMV1

Post by SharkysMV1 »

LIPH wrote: September 8, 2017 11:50 am No album art, no track listing and an article on the front page of BN that links to a 6 year old USA Today article where Buffett says his work on the project should be done in the next couple of months. Excuse me for being skeptical. I think I'll wait until October 27 before I get excited about this. Your mileage may vary.
Buzz Cason did corroborate the Buried Treasure album release recently in a YouTube video.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

SharkysMV1 wrote: September 8, 2017 4:11 pm
LIPH wrote: September 8, 2017 11:50 am No album art, no track listing and an article on the front page of BN that links to a 6 year old USA Today article where Buffett says his work on the project should be done in the next couple of months. Excuse me for being skeptical. I think I'll wait until October 27 before I get excited about this. Your mileage may vary.
Buzz Cason did corroborate the Buried Treasure album release recently in a YouTube video.
Actually it was Travis Turk and here is the video:

Last edited by urlcenter on September 8, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

urlcenter wrote: September 8, 2017 12:49 pm Buried Treasure is a collection of songs written by Jimmy between 1969 and 1973 in other words during Jimmy's Barnaby Records days and before he relocated to Key West. All of the tracks are previously unreleased material will have a folk music sound similar to the songs released on the albums "Down To Earth" and "High Cumberland Jubilee"

It is not a collection of rarities and or album alternates however those can be found for downloading on the jokelben server.
That's what I figured it would be: material that is "Before the Beach-esce."
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Bucarader wrote: September 8, 2017 5:42 pm
urlcenter wrote: September 8, 2017 12:49 pm Buried Treasure is a collection of songs written by Jimmy between 1969 and 1973 in other words during Jimmy's Barnaby Records days and before he relocated to Key West. All of the tracks are previously unreleased material will have a folk music sound similar to the songs released on the albums "Down To Earth" and "High Cumberland Jubilee"

That's what I figured it would be: material that is "Before the Beach-esce."
There are two songs I hope are included "Abandoned on Tuesday" and "Don't Bring Me Candy" which were released on Jimmy's first ever 45 in 1969
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Can't wait. Love the folk era
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

i do wonder why amazon has it listed and there is no cover art or any "announcement" from Margaritaville or Jimmy's FB page.

October 27th is the release of Kenny's new live album LIVE IN NO SHOES NATION. Looks like I will be purchasing two albums that day :pirate:
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

FinsUp6835 wrote: September 9, 2017 9:32 am i do wonder why amazon has it listed and there is no cover art or any "announcement" from Margaritaville or Jimmy's FB page.

October 27th is the release of Kenny's new live album LIVE IN NO SHOES NATION. Looks like I will be purchasing two albums that day :pirate:
Mailboat Records may not have released the art work and other information yet as it will be a Mailboat Records album
ASaltyPieceOfLand
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Brahma Fear
Number of Concerts: 26

Post by ASaltyPieceOfLand »

Salt air it ain't thin...
SharkysMV1

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Yeah their site/availability leaves a lot to be desired. That Songbook is likely not in stock on Mailboat, but it is available on amazon. I recently ordered it and it's fantastic.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

The song was a limited edition of just 500 copies which were sold $600 each