Moderator: SMLCHNG

WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Re: Who's going to Toronto 8/11/17?

Post by WVParrothead »

Left Field ParrotHead wrote: July 28, 2017 7:55 am
WVParrothead wrote: July 26, 2017 8:28 pm Get the Caesar's ready.. just found out I'm off that weekend so I MAY make the road trip up from Pittsburgh. Lawn tickets are down to $17 on Stubhub. :o

Haven't been to downtown Toronto since probably the late-80s.. would likely stay at the Sheraton. I assume Uber is probably the easiest way to get around town?
Yes. Plenty of Uber to get around if you aren't brave enough to try public transit.
This underground PATH walkway system doesn't extend down to the venue, correct?
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

WVParrothead wrote: July 28, 2017 8:45 am
Left Field ParrotHead wrote: July 28, 2017 7:55 am
WVParrothead wrote: July 26, 2017 8:28 pm Get the Caesar's ready.. just found out I'm off that weekend so I MAY make the road trip up from Pittsburgh. Lawn tickets are down to $17 on Stubhub. :o

Haven't been to downtown Toronto since probably the late-80s.. would likely stay at the Sheraton. I assume Uber is probably the easiest way to get around town?
Yes. Plenty of Uber to get around if you aren't brave enough to try public transit.
Correct. You can get the GO Train from Union Station which is a little more civilized. Union Station is accessible by the PATH. Get off at Exhibition station and its a short walk (12 min) to the amphitheater.

Uber may be the best bet.
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

I'm gonna be at Cambridge Suites. Most everything in downtown is walkable. Also, look at the parking when checking out downtown hotels. Some do not have their own parking, and some have crazy daily fees.
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
JePH
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Trip Around the Sun
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Island Lime Tequila on the rocks

Post by JePH »

WVParrothead wrote: July 28, 2017 8:45 am
Jamie - no need to worry about taking an underground route. I just checked the long-range forecast - no snow on the horizon.

Just a reminder about our pre-concert event. Details at; http://www.maplereefers.ca/

For anyone looking for tickets, it was pointed out to me that off of the Margaritaville website you can't select your own seats any longer. If you want to do that, try https://www.livenation.com/events/66161 ... my-buffett

Two weeks from tonight!!!!
Don't want to go through Detroit City,
Customs there they hassle me!
stefanhoffman
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: We are the people & 12 volt man
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark Rum

Post by stefanhoffman »

TORONTO in 10 days!!!
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

If anyone still needs tickets, Stubhub has Lawns starting at $11(!) :o Which is probably lower than any Buffett ticket I've ever seen. Almost makes up for the years and years of resellers asking for 3-4x face value, eh? Ha.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
JePH
Southeast of disorder

Post by JePH »

The day has finally arrived!
The Weather Channel Girl says that there may be some Barefoot Children in the Rain, but it won't dampen the Spirits That Are Using Me - How 'Bout You?
For any that are going to the pre-concert party at The Keating Channel Pub & Grill, I'll see you there!
At the concert, Janis and I will be in Section 103, Row E.

Fins Up!!
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

JePH wrote: August 11, 2017 11:23 am The day has finally arrived!
The Weather Channel Girl says that there may be some Barefoot Children in the Rain, but it won't dampen the Spirits That Are Using Me - How 'Bout You?
For any that are going to the pre-concert party at The Keating Channel Pub & Grill, I'll see you there!

Fins Up!!
HAPPY BUFFETT DAY !!!
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Fins Up!!
Enjoy, my phriend!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
JePH
Southeast of disorder

Post by JePH »

bodypainter wrote: August 11, 2017 11:46 am

Fins Up!!
Enjoy, my phriend!
Thanks Bill, we certainly will!
Will also be missing you, Bern & Lori, Linda & Kevin, Randy & Allie, etc., etc. Wish you all could've made it North of Disorder, but we'll have a few extra shots of Patron for you pholks!
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

JePH wrote: August 11, 2017 11:58 am
bodypainter wrote: August 11, 2017 11:46 am

Fins Up!!
Enjoy, my phriend!
Thanks Bill, we certainly will!
Will also be missing you, Bern & Lori, Linda & Kevin, Randy & Allie, etc., etc. Wish you all could've made it North of Disorder, but we'll have a few extra shots of Patron for you pholks!
[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Kingofswhot
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitude
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by Kingofswhot »

A huge thanks to the Maplereefers. Wife and I from Calgary had a great time and met some fantastic people! Show was a blast!!
sabresparrothead
Southeast of disorder

Post by sabresparrothead »

This was my first Buffett concert since 2007 and it didn't disappoint! Jimmy may be 10 years older but he sounded as good as ever. Had lawn tickets - the sight lines and acoustics from the lawn were better than most venues. Looked and sounded great. Crowd was lively. Was thrilled that he played Love and Luck as one of the encores - like most here I've wanted to hear that at a concert forever - even if nobody around me seemed to know the song. At first I was bummed that I paid box office prices for lawn seats when they dropped to $6 USD day of the show (never thought JB tickets would ever go that low) - but the show was worth every penny.

Toronto's public transportation system, on the other hand, could use some work. The street car station at Exhibition Place didn't have a map that actually gave any information about which streetcar to take (it only had an old map that showed the subway and GO Train lines). The street cars only accept exact change or contactless credit cards (which most Americans don't have). The TTC website doesn't say anything about this, and I figured with my chip-enabled credit card and a wad of Canadian bills that I would have been fine. Signage was overall very poor and the system was confusing to navigate. I've used the DC Metro, NYC subway, Boston T, and Paris Metro (with only limited French fluency) and had no problem, so I don't think it's me. Uber worked great though!