Delaney Talks To Statues at Bristow, VA

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: A cold beer on a warm, summer day

Delaney Talks To Statues at Bristow, VA

Post by Boston Blackie »

Hello everyone,

Moderators, please feel free to relocate this to a different location if this section is not the best.

Long-time member here but few-time poster. At the risk of stepping on Mr. FunkHouse's toes and copying his methods of a few years ago, I wonder if I might request and hope for "Delaney Talks to Statues" to be played at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA on May 20th.

There's a bit of a backstory to this request and, if you'll oblige me, I'll try to keep it as short as possible. In 2007, after years of trying, my wife and I were expecting our first child. Needless to say, we were incredibly excited. We had names already picked out if we had a boy or girl. If it was a girl, her name would be "Delaney." Finally, the magical day arrived and so did our baby...a boy. Unfortunately, he wasn't breathing. Without going into too much detail, the medical team was unable to save him. He was healthy with no signs of any trouble until he was born.

As you'd expect, my wife and I, and our families, were devastated. After several more years of trying to conceive, naturally and with fertility experts, and believing that we may not be destined to have children, my wife became pregnant with our second child. This time we wanted to know the sex of the baby prior to birth and at one of the ultrasound appointments, we found out we were having a girl. My wife and I both smiled and knew we would be welcoming our little girl in a few months.

"Delaney" was born on April 22nd, 2011. She's, literally, our miracle baby. Our "Little Miss Magic," if you will. As the years have progressed, Delaney has come to recognize several Jimmy Buffett songs, not the least of which is "Delaney Talks to Statues." She smiles every time she hears it. It's her song. She used to ask me if Jimmy was singing about her. Naturally, I had to say, "Yes, of course he is, sweetie!"

Now with Jimmy getting older, I honestly didn't know if I'd ever have the opportunity to take my little girl to see Buffett in concert. Flash-forward to a few weeks ago when Jimmy announced that one of his tour stops this year will be Bristow, VA. My wish had come true. I couldn't get tickets fast enough. We were fortunate enough to get pavilion seats.

I realize my chances are slim that Jimmy, or someone from his team, will see this, let alone play this song but figured it couldn't hurt to put it out there nonetheless.

Thanks for indulging me and any help in getting more publicity for this request is greatly appreciated.

And Jimmy, if you happen to see this, we will be sitting in Section 103, Row U, Seats 31-33. :D We can't wait!

Dave (not in Boston :D )
I'm growing older, but not up!
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Re: Delaney Talks To Statues at Bristow, VA

Post by jbfinscj »

He played It every night during last years shows. I'd say there's a good chance if we're part of last years leg.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

ParrotHead67
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Who's The Blonde Stranger
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Haven't had a bad one yet
Location: Woke up dry beneath the African sky, just me and my Swiss Army Knife

Post by ParrotHead67 »

Count me in as part of the support! Come on Jimmy! Play "Delaney Talks To Statues" for Blackie!!!!! :D
"I gotta go where it's warm!"
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

He did Delaney Talks To Statues in Las Vegas tonight. There was a mass exodus of people going to the bathroom and/or concession stand as soon as he started the song.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
ParrotHead67
I have found me a home

Post by ParrotHead67 »

LIPH wrote: April 2, 2017 2:07 am He did Delaney Talks To Statues in Las Vegas tonight. There was a mass exodus of people going to the bathroom and/or concession stand as soon as he started the song.
That's because it's Vegas. If it's not a song from the yellow album, 80 percent of the crowd has no idea what the song is.
Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder

Post by Boston Blackie »

Thanks for the updates and support everyone!
ParrotHead67
I have found me a home

Post by ParrotHead67 »

C'mon Jimmy... "Play it!" :D
Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder

Post by Boston Blackie »

Woo hoo! I logged onto the LiveNation website today and was able to exchange my original tickets for seats that are closer and on the aisle. We went from originally having Section 103, Row U, Seats 31-33 to now having Section 103, Row C, Seats 1-3!

Even more excited for this show!

p.s. - Still hoping and keeping my fingers crossed to hear "Delaney Talks to Statues!" :D
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

Not looking good, he's been playing "that's what living is to me" in that spot now.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder

Post by Boston Blackie »

Yeah, I've been checking the setlists. I'm just happy that we've got tickets. If he happens to play "Delaney" that would simply be an added bonus. :D
Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder

Post by Boston Blackie »

Well, no "Delaney Talks to Statues" but a fantastic time was had by our little Delaney and her mommy and daddy.

In fact, we were even on the big screen during "Cheeseburger!" I was the one wearing the big cheeseburger hat. If anyone has pictures or video, I'd love to see!

Fins up and hope to do it again next year, if not sooner! :D
Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder

Post by Boston Blackie »

Nevermind. I just found the concert on YouTube! Woo hoo!!
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Boston Blackie wrote: May 21, 2017 10:49 am Nevermind. I just found the concert on YouTube! Woo hoo!!
You will be able to download a copy of the concert video from the concert trading forum on this site soon
Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder

Post by Boston Blackie »

urlcenter wrote: May 21, 2017 12:06 pm
Boston Blackie wrote: May 21, 2017 10:49 am Nevermind. I just found the concert on YouTube! Woo hoo!!
You will be able to download a copy of the concert video from the concert trading forum on this site soon
Excellent! Thank you so much!!
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

It was definitely a great show! Sorry you didn't get your song. I was keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder

Post by Boston Blackie »

FunkHouse9 wrote: May 21, 2017 10:12 pm It was definitely a great show! Sorry you didn't get your song. I was keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks FunkHouse! We had an awesome time and I thought the setlist was superb! I noticed the show was taken down already from YouTube so now I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get a video copy of the show so we can watch ourselves over and over...lol.
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Boston Blackie wrote: May 22, 2017 3:19 pm
FunkHouse9 wrote: May 21, 2017 10:12 pm It was definitely a great show! Sorry you didn't get your song. I was keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks FunkHouse! We had an awesome time and I thought the setlist was superb! I noticed the show was taken down already from YouTube so now I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get a video copy of the show so we can watch ourselves over and over...lol.
I suspected they would eventually pull the show from YouTube, so I saved a copy to my hard drive. I just uploaded it go my Google Drive. I'll PM you a link so you can download it. It's about 2gb.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
Boston Blackie
Southeast of disorder

Post by Boston Blackie »

FunkHouse9 wrote: May 23, 2017 8:52 am
I suspected they would eventually pull the show from YouTube, so I saved a copy to my hard drive. I just uploaded it go my Google Drive. I'll PM you a link so you can download it. It's about 2gb.
Oh man, I cannot thank you enough, FunkHouse! Seriously, that is fantastic! Thank you so very much!! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Boston Blackie wrote: May 23, 2017 9:02 am
Oh man, I cannot thank you enough, FunkHouse! Seriously, that is fantastic! Thank you so very much!! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
Aw shucks. It was nothin'. :wink:
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

FunkHouse9 wrote: May 23, 2017 1:16 pm
Boston Blackie wrote: May 23, 2017 9:02 am
Aw shucks. It was nothin'. :wink:
Jeff paying it forward. [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...