Atlanta 2017

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LonePalmBJ
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 34

Re: Atlanta 2017

Post by LonePalmBJ »

Gypsy In The Palace wrote: March 21, 2017 2:11 pm Does anyone here have a contact with the Atlanta Parrothead Club who might could find out a status update?
I'm in the Atlanta PHC and will be one of the people coordinating tickets - we haven't heard anything either.

Brent
buffettshrink
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Varies. Today it is Oldest Surfer on the Beach
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Mount Gay Rum XO neat

Post by buffettshrink »

Well that is horrible news. The ATL PHC has heard nothing. I suppose it is defiantly time for other plans.

Phins Up all!
A1AJake
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gowns
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by A1AJake »

I agree. Since I will be missing Cinci for the first time in 12 years I was banking on Atl to pull thru for me. Although I have already seen the "I don't know" tour in Cinci last year. :D
margaritaphil
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 46
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by margaritaphil »

I had contacted the Gwinnett Infinite arena a few weeks back and they replies that there were no plans for a Buffett return this year. Although they would like to do so...

Personally I'm taking to the road to see how Orlando and Orange Beach are?
phjoe
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of an Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 35

Post by phjoe »

Just got notice that Mac is playing a show in Atlanta (City Winery) on June 22nd. That *might* mean a Jimmy show on the 20th or 24th. Both of these dates are still open on margaritaville web site.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Mac playing on June 22 pretty much guarantees no Buffett show that week. The last few years the Coral Reefers have only been doing solo shows between legs of the tour, not off days during the tour.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

And with the 2017 tour T-shirt now posted there is no Atlanta listed. Or Pitt either on the shirt.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

BottleofRum wrote: April 9, 2017 4:16 pm And with the 2017 tour T-shirt now posted there is no Atlanta listed. Or Pitt either on the shirt.
Or Indy, Charlotte, Raleigh, Nashville, Austin TX, Irvine Ca, Alpine Valley either
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

NC was never going to happen this year because of that trans-bathroom law they passed last year (since changed last week) so he'll prob go back next year. Alpine we already knew was out for 2017 because they are not open this year. It's too bad he is skipping (seemingly) Indy, Irvine, and Nashville . I seem to recall a few years ago he added a show or shows that were not listed on the tour T-shirts so you never know esp when it comes to Irvine which is usually a fall show.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

BottleofRum wrote: April 9, 2017 8:19 pm NC was never going to happen this year because of that trans-bathroom law they passed last year (since changed last week) so he'll prob go back next year. Alpine we already knew was out for 2017 because they are not open this year. It's too bad he is skipping (seemingly) Indy, Irvine, and Nashville . I seem to recall a few years ago he added a show or shows that were not listed on the tour T-shirts so you never know esp when it comes to Irvine which is usually a fall show.
The Irvine Meadows venue closed for good at the end of last year, Jimmy was the second to last show at Irvine last year.
jayparrot46
Hoot!

Post by jayparrot46 »

well accordind to the t shirt look like no pittsburg this year that s*** :(
williamsandersiii
Favorite Buffett Song: If the phone doesn't ring, it's me
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by williamsandersiii »

I would really like to see Jimmy play Lakewood again. Does anyone know why he won't play Lakewood? It's the best outdoor venue in Atlanta. Gwinnett is great for an indoor show, but Buffett is best outdoors. Verizion is ok if you like to be shameless paraded through a "mall-style" entry way with people constantly selling you services.
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

Doesn't look like Atlanta show is happening this summer. Maybe he circles back next spring & hits ATL, Charlotte, Nashville in one swing - IDK Tour 2018 LOL

Agree that Lakewood is the better of the options in Atlanta, but he hasn't been there is at least 4-5 years.
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
buffettshrink
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Varies. Today it is Oldest Surfer on the Beach
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Mount Gay Rum XO neat

Post by buffettshrink »

It seems like a long shot at this time in the tour, but JD just said "several" dates were going to be released very soon....
jwil58
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Son Of A Son Of A Sailor
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by jwil58 »

I like the Gwinett venue cause there is plenty of shade trees to get under during the day. That is important for my skin health in my old age.

I never made it to Lakewood or Chastain Park.

:D
ROLL TIDE ROLL