Moderator: SMLCHNG

Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Concerts This Year

Post by Bucarader »

I'm just curious. Is Jimmy still planning on broadcasting the concerts on Margaritaville TV this year? We get spoiled and assume he will do so forever.

The reason I ask is because last year he didn't broadcast every show on MvTV, only some of them.

Anyone know the plans?
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Concerts This Year

Post by urlcenter »

Bucarader wrote:I'm just curious. Is Jimmy still planning on broadcasting the concerts on Margaritaville TV this year? We get spoiled and assume he will do so forever.

The reason I ask is because last year he didn't broadcast every show on MvTV, only some of them.

Anyone know the plans?
Nothing has been announced yet regarding Margaritaville TV for 2017 however the site has had a minor redesign in recent weeks. Jimmy has said a couple of time he wants to figure out away to monetize Margaritaville TV and it would not surprise me if some sort of subscription service came into being at some point. That having been said (or rather typed) I am really hoping he allows the Wrigley Show to be on Margaritaville TV.
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

Interesting. If he really wants to monitize it, he could put every show on there, available for download, for a fee. Then it is yours to keep.

I hope the Houston show is shown (as well as the Chicago show!). ;)

It is really cool to have the videos of the shows you went to
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Bucarader wrote:Interesting. If he really wants to monitize it, he could put every show on there, available for download, for a fee. Then it is yours to keep.

I hope the Houston show is shown (as well as the Chicago show!). ;)

It is really cool to have the videos of the shows you went to
I doubt that downloading would be offered as Jimmy would not want bootleg DVD's and or Blu-Rays of the shows being sold as he would not get a cut of the money from such activity
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

But how would that be different than buying a movie or video on iTunes or Amazon and downloading it? Purchased DVDs and Blu-Rays can easily be ripped as well.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Bucarader wrote:But how would that be different than buying a movie or video on iTunes or Amazon and downloading it? Purchased DVDs and Blu-Rays can easily be ripped as well.
When you buy a movie or video on Itunes the artists get royalties from a portion of the purchase, however if someone markets a bootleg copy of a concert or film and sells it the artist gets zip in terms of royalties. A few years back someone downloaded a number of concert audio recordings from jokelben and tried to sell them on Ebay for ten bucks a piece, this upset quite a few people who help maintain the jokelben server as we maintain it strictly for concert trading not selling
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

Makes sense. I'm sure Jimmy "allows" our concert trading because it is free, and not a duplicate of what he officially has for sale.

I was not aware that someone tried to sell content from the vast library of concerts that is maintained. That really ruins the spirit of things.
coasterghost
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Too Many to count
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by coasterghost »

The current plan is to stream every show of the Main tour when It kicks off in May..
Humor has bailed me out of more tight situations than I can think of. If you go with your instincts and keep your humor, creativity follows. With luck, success comes, too. - Jimmy Buffett
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

Cool! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
jayparrot46
Hoot!

Post by jayparrot46 »

great [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] :)