2016 Baseball Thread

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

2016 Baseball Thread

Post by LIPH »

It's a couple of days late but congratulations to Ken Griffey, Jr. and Mike Piazza, the 2 newest members of the Hall of Fame.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Seas in my veins
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer

Re: 2016 Baseball Thread

Post by Seas in my veins »

Mike P. the pride of Norristown PA! :D The best sports news story to hit eastern PA all year even though he never played professionally in the Philly area it's all we have going!
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

In Seattle he was simply "The Kid"... Congratulations, Junior!

ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:It's a couple of days late but congratulations to Ken Griffey, Jr. and Mike Piazza, the 2 newest members of the Hall of Fame.
2 of my favorite players ...1 wore the # 24 when I played baseball because of Griffey Jr. Congrats to both .
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

If you're too young, or never had a chance to watch him, this is The Kid:

ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The baseball preview issue of Sports Illustrated was in today's mail. Many people think being on the cover of SI is a jinx. Last year Bryce Harper and (I think) Max Scherzer were on the cover of the baseball preview issue and the Washington Nationals didn't make the playoffs. gnatitude Anthony Rizzo, Jason Heyward, Jake Arrieta and Kris Bryant are on the cover this year. Sorry Chicago Cubs fans.
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

LIPH wrote:The baseball preview issue of Sports Illustrated was in today's mail. Many people think being on the cover of SI is a jinx. Last year Bryce Harper and (I think) Max Scherzer were on the cover of the baseball preview issue and the Washington Nationals didn't make the playoffs. gnatitude Anthony Rizzo, Jason Heyward, Jake Arrieta and Kris Bryant are on the cover this year. Sorry Chicago Cubs fans.
Haven't checked the mail yet. Are the Cubs predicted to win the World Series too?
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I didn't read it yet, I had some things to do this afternoon so I was out for a couple of hours.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

aeroparrot wrote:
LIPH wrote:The baseball preview issue of Sports Illustrated was in today's mail. Many people think being on the cover of SI is a jinx. Last year Bryce Harper and (I think) Max Scherzer were on the cover of the baseball preview issue and the Washington Nationals didn't make the playoffs. gnatitude Anthony Rizzo, Jason Heyward, Jake Arrieta and Kris Bryant are on the cover this year. Sorry Chicago Cubs fans.
Haven't checked the mail yet. Are the Cubs predicted to win the World Series too?
I still haven't read the scouting reports of all 30 teams but I thumbed through the issue to see their picks. SI has the Astros beating the Cubs in the World Series.
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

LIPH wrote:
aeroparrot wrote:
I still haven't read the scouting reports of all 30 teams but I thumbed through the issue to see their picks. SI has the Astros beating the Cubs in the World Series.
Well, my version of SI has Jacob Degrom, Matt Harvey, and Jeurys Familia of the Mets on the cover.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez, the 2013 National League Rookie of the Year, was killed in a boating accident early this morning. He was 24 years old.
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez, the 2013 National League Rookie of the Year, was killed in a boating accident early this morning. He was 24 years old.
Very Sad , great talent , who was about to cash in Big. I just don't understand why they were on the water at 3:30 AM.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Sports Illustrated is wrong again. They picked the Astros to beat the Cubs in the World Series and the Astros didn't even make the playoffs this year. I have no rooting interest so I really don't care who wins.

Cubs pitcher Kyle Hendricks pitched for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans in 2012 when they were still in the Texas Rangers organization but I didn't move here until November, 2012 so I never saw him play. The Pelicans have been in the Cubs organization the last 2 years but nobody on the Cubs active roster, other than Hendricks, played for the Pelicans
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote:Sports Illustrated is wrong again. They picked the Astros to beat the Cubs in the World Series and the Astros didn't even make the playoffs this year. I have no rooting interest so I really don't care who wins.

Cubs pitcher Kyle Hendricks pitched for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans in 2012 when they were still in the Texas Rangers organization but I didn't move here until November, 2012 so I never saw him play. The Pelicans have been in the Cubs organization the last 2 years but nobody on the Cubs active roster, other than Hendricks, played for the Pelicans
I doubt many people picked The Indians too/ I thought the Astros would have been better , then had a good season last year , and thought they would of built on that. World Series would of been a stretch.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

LIPH wrote:Sports Illustrated is wrong again. They picked the Astros to beat the Cubs in the World Series and the Astros didn't even make the playoffs this year. I have no rooting interest so I really don't care who wins.

I'm kind of a strange bird. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif] I need to have some form of rooting interest, otherwise I really don't "get into" the game that much. That being said, I'm anti both teams, thus the Series most likely won't get much of my attention.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Tequila Revenge
Lester Polyester
Favorite Boat Drink: cubra libre

Post by Tequila Revenge »

Cubbies in the World Series and no Wino or Capt P?
got to stop wishin' got to start fishin'....
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I don't have anything to say, I just wanted to get this thread in front of all the spam.
Touch O Parrotdise
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Nice Bourbon Straight

Post by Touch O Parrotdise »

bump
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Trying to stay ahead of the dip$h!t spammer.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

LET'S GO METS!!!!

Oh, wait ... :lol: