Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Buffettfansphriend
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Post by Buffettfansphriend »

Dr.Corona wrote:Welcome back in Heather. Ken here in the neighboring Great lake State of Michigan. Where at in the big Province of Ontario do you reside?
Hi Ken :) I'm living pretty much in between Toronto and Niagara Falls in a City called Burlington :)
It takes a heart to find what the eyes don't always see.
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Buffettfansphriend wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:Welcome back in Heather. Ken here in the neighboring Great lake State of Michigan. Where at in the big Province of Ontario do you reside?
Hi Ken :) I'm living pretty much in between Toronto and Niagara Falls in a City called Burlington :)
Leftfieldparrot is from Burlington.He posts on the Great Woods thread.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

A short 3 & 1/2 hrs. away. Have taken Many drives on the 402, to the 401, to the 403, then right turn towards the Falls! Nice!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Buffettfansphriend
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze

Post by Buffettfansphriend »

bodypainter wrote:
Leftfieldparrot is from Burlington.He posts on the Great Woods thread.
He is the reason I am on here introduced me to the wonderful world of Buffett many years ago :)
It takes a heart to find what the eyes don't always see.
SDFinsBus
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 155

Post by SDFinsBus »

I am formerly SDPirate 40. Took a new sign in name because I could not remember my password, and then system issues.

I have seen Jimmy 155 times, Eagles 80 plus, and Kenny Chensey 50 plus.

This year we will see Jimmy at Jones Beach, Paris, Santa Barbara, Hollywood, Irvine and Vegas.

We use our 45' Prevost tour bus coach to tailgate at all shows and it has FINS BUS California plates. My wife Heather and I have three daughters, Amelia is 22 months old, and we have one in college and one just graduated from college
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

A kid in college, one just out, and a 22 month old?
Wow, I guess you did have some password and system issues!
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

SDFinsBus wrote:I am formerly SDPirate 40. Took a new sign in name because I could not remember my password, and then system issues.

I have seen Jimmy 155 times, Eagles 80 plus, and Kenny Chensey 50 plus.

This year we will see Jimmy at Jones Beach, Paris, Santa Barbara, Hollywood, Irvine and Vegas.

We use our 45' Prevost tour bus coach to tailgate at all shows and it has FINS BUS California plates. My wife Heather and I have three daughters, Amelia is 22 months old, and we have one in college and one just graduated from college

Welcome back in SD. So other than all THOSE CONCERTS, what do you do in your spare time??!! :wink:
docandjeanie
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie »

TommyBahama wrote:
docandjeanie wrote:I'm re-introducing myself to you all. I'm back bitches ;) Just kidding for those of you who don't know me. Thanks for my wonderful Sis our Queen Penny has unlocked my password and I can once again post, yay. I have missed you all. I still have my stupid name, but those you that know me, know that I am silly. Doc is my Hubby and Jeanie is me. I hope to post more often, I'm on FB and Jeanie Dougherty is my name there. I'm so happy to be back [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
who are you and where is Rum Jumbie!!!!
Hey Tommy, Rum Jumbie is always near me ;)

Welcome back, Heather, too :)
ImageImageImage
SDFinsBus
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 155

Post by SDFinsBus »

Hi there! I am Gavan and my old BN name was SDPIrate40, but I forgot the password and now have a new screen name. We just attended Jimmy's show in Paris, our 175th show, after Jones Beach last month, and now on to Santa Barbara Thursday, Hollywood and Irvine next week. My wife Heather and I tour Buffett, Kenny Chesney and The Eagles with our 45' Prevost tour bus with both FINS BUS and HTL CALI license plates. We love music and boating aboard M/V Hotel California, docked in San Diego Bay. We have three daughters, Amelia at 2 years old, Hannah at 19 and Ashley at 22. Hope to see some of you at the 3 upcoming shows!
Attachments
Buffett Jones Bch.jpg
Buffett Jones Bch.jpg (164.5 KiB) Viewed 18695 times
IMG_3201.jpg
IMG_3201.jpg (34.08 KiB) Viewed 18695 times
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

WOW -- that's quite the profile :).

Welcome back !
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Mileko
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by Mileko »

Hi y'all.

I got into Buffett when got together with my now-wife. She liked going to the Caribbean and racing sailboats (J/35), and that was OK with me. We've traveled around the Windward and Leeward Islands and just got back from Belize.

I have never been to a Buffett concert!!! :oops: I would like to go to one where the tailgating scene is good. Jimmy played up the road in Santa Barbara last year, but there is no parking lot, yet alone a tailgate area.

We play in an acoustic-ish trop rock/island music band called Rin-Kon-Tiki. I play ukulele and Hawaiian steel. I'm a big fan of Jake Shimabukuro and Sonny Landreth, both of whom have been Coral Reefers in their past,

We have a lot of fun in the California Tiki "circuit", and try to go on an adventure to a new tiki bar or event every month. Our local hangout is VenTiki in Ventura, where the maitais are strong and frequent. I prefer rum over tequila. When my back is not in pain, I like to paddle outrigger canoes.

What else can I tell ya?

Hey.

Tomorrow, I'm goin' sailing again
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Welcome to BN !!!

Sounds like you get around (and I mean that in the nicest way) [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Pittsburgh has a great tailgate....the local Steel City Fins Club takes care of their own as well as those of us who come from other parts of the US.

We've always loved the tailgate at Great Woods and are sad to miss it this year.

Just check out the "who's going to ___________ " for any info on tailgating at specific venues.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Welcome in Mileko! Sounds as though no moss grows under your feet. 8) While I've only been to 3 different venues, Detroit, Chicago & Cincinnati.....I've not found ANY of them lacking for a GREAT tailgate. I guess maybe there are some out there that do exist that DON'T have a great tailgate, but I would suspect it's hard to go wrong with 99% of them. Hope you get the chance very soon!
65pacecar
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40, CIL-CIA, Captain and the Kid, Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 41
Favorite Boat Drink: Lemonade (Non Drinker)

Post by 65pacecar »

Howdy Y'all Just joining from Lexington, KY. Long Time Buffett fan, usually catch the Cincy shows going all the way back to the legendary Timerwolf shows at Kings Island. Caught JB at the Hollywood Bowl last year and going to Irvine this year.
2015-10-23_032900000_0066F_iOS.jpg
2015-10-23_032900000_0066F_iOS.jpg (180.34 KiB) Viewed 18121 times
Attachments
2015-10-23_032900000_0066F_iOS.jpg
2015-10-23_032900000_0066F_iOS.jpg (180.34 KiB) Viewed 18121 times
Parrotthead Matt
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Not sure I could choose one.

Post by Parrotthead Matt »

Well, might as well start here. As you can probably guess my name is Matt. I joined over 12 years ago and haven't been very active. But after 14 years in retail, I have found myself once again at a job where I'm sitting at a computer almost all day. So... back at it. Haven't been to a show in the last 4 years, and need to desperately make one this year. Since getting married, I keep telling my wife she has to go. Now I have a 2 year old that I will be raising to join the phlock *hopefully* Just recently moved from 5 minutes from the beach to an 1.5hr away, so that's gonna s*** a little come next summer.

Cheers
"27 Feet white sails in polished fiber glass, I christened her Island Time, and Set sail for Paradise.....I got the whole 9 Yards!"
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Parrotthead Matt wrote:Well, might as well start here. As you can probably guess my name is Matt. I joined over 12 years ago and haven't been very active. But after 14 years in retail, I have found myself once again at a job where I'm sitting at a computer almost all day. So... back at it. Haven't been to a show in the last 4 years, and need to desperately make one this year. Since getting married, I keep telling my wife she has to go. Now I have a 2 year old that I will be raising to join the phlock *hopefully* Just recently moved from 5 minutes from the beach to an 1.5hr away, so that's gonna s*** a little come next summer.

Cheers
Welcome back into the rotation Matt! Things are much quieter around here than 12 years ago with the Facebook craze taking over. Nonetheless, still some interesting topics, people & banter bouncing around these parts.

Hope you do get to a show this year, still a fun time for sure! Hopefully the wife comes onboard & gives it a try. As you know even if the music doesn't necessarily float her boat the tailgate & zaniness in the parking lot are amusing enough to carry the day! Hope your little one embraces as well.

Happy New Year to Ya!
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Parrotthead Matt wrote:Well, might as well start here. As you can probably guess my name is Matt. I joined over 12 years ago and haven't been very active. But after 14 years in retail, I have found myself once again at a job where I'm sitting at a computer almost all day. So... back at it. Haven't been to a show in the last 4 years, and need to desperately make one this year. Since getting married, I keep telling my wife she has to go. Now I have a 2 year old that I will be raising to join the phlock *hopefully* Just recently moved from 5 minutes from the beach to an 1.5hr away, so that's gonna s*** a little come next summer.

Cheers
Welcome back. Cheers back atcha!
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Welcome Back Matt !!!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
goreds2
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Day Dreamin'
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer then shot of Mango Rum

Post by goreds2 »

My name is Tom and saw my first concert in 1984. Have seen Jimmy every year since then except for 1986 and 2016. I have been to 40 shows mostly in Cincinnati and am not even from that area. I live east of Columbus, Ohio. College friends live in the Cincinnati area.

I was there when the term "Parrot Head" was coined in 1985 at the Timberwolf Amphitheater (Kings Island Amusement Park) in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was great as you got the ticket to the amusement park all day PLUS the concert!

Thanks for having me,
I was there when the term "Parrot Head" was coined in 1985 at the Timberwolf Amphitheater in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I was Buffett when Buffett wasn't cool.
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

goreds2 wrote:My name is Tom and saw my first concert in 1984. Have seen Jimmy every year since then except for 1986 and 2016. I have been to 40 shows mostly in Cincinnati and am not even from that area. I live east of Columbus, Ohio. College friends live in the Cincinnati area.

I was there when the term "Parrot Head" was coined in 1985 at the Timberwolf Amphitheater (Kings Island Amusement Park) in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was great as you got the ticket to the amusement park all day PLUS the concert!

Thanks for having me,
Hello Tom !

Welcome to BN and don't forget to check out the "MSC" thread each day.
Here's todays version : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96346
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda