Who's going to Paris Sept 26 or / and 27?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MyTyGy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Re: Who's going to Paris Sept 26 or / and 27?

Post by MyTyGy »

Sadly, we wont be able to make the concerts this year in Paris but will be in London on the evening of Oct.1 if any parrotheads would like to meet and tell some tales.
aeroparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana
Number of Concerts: 56

Post by aeroparrot »

I am.
If you want an experience, go to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Life is short, live long!!

I'd rather be a wiseass than a dumbass.

nanc847
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by nanc847 »

donpringle wrote:Standing on Saturday is OK, have done it several times, you need to be in the line quite early to get to the front, by the front I mean about 10 feet from Jimmy, however, be prepared for some pushing and jostling by latecomers, who seem to believe they have a divine right to be in the front without Queuing!! If you do not want to be at the front, views are pretty good from most areas on the floor.

Paris is a great venue.

Hi - looks like we will be in Italy near the time of the concert. Looking at getting to Paris for either show but don't have tickets yet. I was wondering how early you need to be in line for the standing only 7:30pm show on Saturday?

Thanks
no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

nanc847 wrote:
donpringle wrote:Standing on Saturday is OK, have done it several times, you need to be in the line quite early to get to the front, by the front I mean about 10 feet from Jimmy, however, be prepared for some pushing and jostling by latecomers, who seem to believe they have a divine right to be in the front without Queuing!! If you do not want to be at the front, views are pretty good from most areas on the floor.

Paris is a great venue.

Hi - looks like we will be in Italy near the time of the concert. Looking at getting to Paris for either show but don't have tickets yet. I was wondering how early you need to be in line for the standing only 7:30pm show on Saturday?

Thanks
Hi. This is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions :-)
It all depends on how far forward you want to be. The floor at La Cigale slopes so most people have a decent view. If you want to be within toe touching distance of Jimmy you need to be sat outside before breakfast :-)
I was in the line last year with some people who were standing and they got a great view, we didn't get there till 6ish
If you check out Friday night, the tickets are all seated. If you are worried, that might suit you better.
Wherever you are this is one of the best shows to be at :-)
Irish Parrot
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by Irish Parrot »

We've been to all the Paris shows right back to New Morning.No one should fret too much as there isnt really a bad view anywhere in La Cigale.We always stand and most years have gone inside less than 15-20 minutes before JB has come on stage and we always have found ourselves about 30 yards from the stage.The problem IS, despite best intentions of going in earlier we find it hard to tear ourselves away from the bars/pavement/traffic island! outside where we invariably have had a brilliant afternoon/early evening with the great Parrothead friends we have met and continue to meet every year!
nanc847
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by nanc847 »

no shoes wrote:
nanc847 wrote:

Paris is a great venue.

Thanks
Hi. This is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions :-)
It all depends on how far forward you want to be. The floor at La Cigale slopes so most people have a decent view. If you want to be within toe touching distance of Jimmy you need to be sat outside before breakfast :-)
I was in the line last year with some people who were standing and they got a great view, we didn't get there till 6ish
If you check out Friday night, the tickets are all seated. If you are worried, that might suit you better.
Wherever you are this is one of the best shows to be at :-)
Thanks for your reply and information. We are still working out our travel details but hoping to make it to Paris. I know nothing about lodging there, but hopefully something is near the venue. What hotels are most folks staying at?

Thanks.
Nancy
nanc847
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by nanc847 »

Irish Parrot wrote:We've been to all the Paris shows right back to New Morning.No one should fret too much as there isnt really a bad view anywhere in La Cigale.We always stand and most years have gone inside less than 15-20 minutes before JB has come on stage and we always have found ourselves about 30 yards from the stage.The problem IS, despite best intentions of going in earlier we find it hard to tear ourselves away from the bars/pavement/traffic island! outside where we invariably have had a brilliant afternoon/early evening with the great Parrothead friends we have met and continue to meet every year!

That sounds like a great time too !!
Patony
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of The World
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand!

Post by Patony »

Finally Going! i have purchased tickets for the past 3 years and my wife could not get up the courage to make the flight over. i guess 4th year is a charm. hope to meet some of you when we are over there.
I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6!
Irish Parrot
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by Irish Parrot »

Thats great news, delighted for you.You and your wife will not be disappointed!
FinheadGuy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by FinheadGuy »

At least 1 finman will be in Paris. Any issues wearing my Fin in the venue...?
Attachments
THE FINMEN.jpg
THE FINMEN.jpg (39.17 KiB) Viewed 3668 times
YoungParrot01
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by YoungParrot01 »

I just found out I got a job in France starting in October and plan to make the move early so I can go see the concert!! Super excited to see him in Paris, but the tickets are all sold out :(
Anyone have an extra I could buy or know where I could get one??
mphuff3
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found me a Home
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by mphuff3 »

After having a trip to Paris/Venice/Florence/Rome planned for year, my wife and I just realized Jimmy would be there the day when we land! We need 4 tickets to either show but would settle for 2, any location. And will pay well over face value, just let us know what your offer is if you have any available. Thanks in advance!
BigBoat
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by BigBoat »

We have our tickets and are ready to go!

We have some friends who would like to come to the shows, therefore, I am looking for between one and four tickets for either Friday or Saturday. The tickets do not have to be together.
Please email me at t.dahlgren@me.com

Thank You
Tyler
PHUK
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by PHUK »

Tickets for both shows
Flying back to Paris from our Florida vacation !
PHUK
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by PHUK »

Tickets for both shows
Flying back to Paris from our Florida vacation !
parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republics
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by parrotheadman »

Headed to Paris from Texas and my brother is coming in from London! We will be there by Wednesday afternoon of that week. Any ideas on where the pre-concert gathering will be/could be? :pirate:
manxdavid
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Bloody Mary

Post by manxdavid »

parrotheadman wrote:Headed to Paris from Texas and my brother is coming in from London! We will be there by Wednesday afternoon of that week. Any ideas on where the pre-concert gathering will be/could be? :pirate:
Past few years a lot of folks have met up at the Hard Rock Cafe for cheesburgers, margaritas and beers. Post gig drinks have been at Dirty Dick's tiki bar but I've never bothered as it's always looked too busy.

You may be as well checking the Parrotheads in Paris Facebook page for info closer to the date.
David Jones, Wirral, UK.
Stonedcrab
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: Between Mile Marker 0 & 120 Depending on who's holding my LEASH!

Post by Stonedcrab »

We will be there!
1st time in Paris! :pirate:
Where is a good place to meet up for the pre-party party?
I'd Rather Die While I'm Living Than Live While I'm Dead!
no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

Stonedcrab wrote:We will be there!
1st time in Paris! :pirate:
Where is a good place to meet up for the pre-party party?
The pre party on Saturday is at the Hard Rock Café and along the street in Montmartre.

Friday tends to be a little different as a lot of people only arrive that day. However walk past the venue any time after breakfast and there will be plenty going on :-)

You cannot fail to enjoy a show at La Cigale.......
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Paris pholks, you're up next! [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...