Moderator: SMLCHNG

sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Re: Who's going to Jones Beach 8/21??

Post by sistergoldenhair »

no shoes wrote:Picking up Larry's point about the food! What do people normally do?

I just cannot see British Airways letting me travel with all the gear I would need for a tailgate :lol: :lol:
Not to worry about food! We will have plenty of food!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
no shoes wrote:Picking up Larry's point about the food! What do people normally do?

I just cannot see British Airways letting me travel with all the gear I would need for a tailgate :lol: :lol:
Not to worry about food! We will have plenty of food!
Thank you - another thing to cross off my list of issues :D
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

[smilie=dj-wtf.gif] [smilie=dj-wtf.gif] [smilie=dj-wtf.gif]

Debbie
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

Aloha! So for the tailgate at Jones Beach, Mike and I will be preparing some items that can be made ahead of time, travel well, and heated on our little grill. We are taking a page from the master of tailgates, our own Chef Moose! Here is what we are thinking of bringing (so far):

Sausage and peppers for breakfast sandwiches
Ribs
Chicken Wings
Stuffed quahogs (a la Moose)
Pulled pork sammies

We need a head count of people who want to participate so we know how much to prepare. If you want to chip in $, you can just give us $10 a head at Jones Beach. If you decide last-minute, no biggie!

Notice we are not doing snacks or salads, we figure other people can do those, we can all work together.Hope I am not being too pushy on this. We have not been part of the official BN tailgate at Jones Beach before, we visited the sight where the flag was last year, but not many of you were there, you must have been on walkabout.

Definitely want to be with BN group this year! Is anybody organizing a caravan meet-up spot? We are staying at Days Inn, same as Linda and Kevin.
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

sistergoldenhair wrote:Aloha! So for the tailgate at Jones Beach, Mike and I will be preparing some items that can be made ahead of time, travel well, and heated on our little grill. We are taking a page from the master of tailgates, our own Chef Moose! Here is what we are thinking of bringing (so far):

Ribs
Chicken Wings
Pulled pork sammies

We need a head count of people who want to participate so we know how much to prepare. If you want to chip in $, you can just give us $10 a head at Jones Beach. If you decide last-minute, no biggie!

Notice we are not doing snacks or salads, we figure other people can do those, we can all work together.Hope I am not being too pushy on this. We have not been part of the official BN tailgate at Jones Beach before, we visited the sight where the flag was last year, but not many of you were there, you must have been on walkabout.

Definitely want to be with BN group this year! Is anybody organizing a caravan meet-up spot? We are staying at Days Inn, same as Linda and Kevin.

THANKS Sistah!!!

Kevin & I can coordinate will a caravan meet-up spot.....how about the hotel where Debbie, Larry, Mitch & Bets are ???? Can someone send me the name/address of that hotel?

We will also bring:

EZUp
6' folding table
a salad
some munchies
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

Saltx3 wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:Aloha! So for the tailgate at Jones Beach, Mike and I will be preparing some items that can be made ahead of time, travel well, and heated on our little grill. We are taking a page from the master of tailgates, our own Chef Moose! Here is what we are thinking of bringing (so far):

Ribs
Chicken Wings
Pulled pork sammies

THANKS Sistah!!!

Kevin & I can coordinate will a caravan meet-up spot.....how about the hotel where Debbie, Larry, Mitch & Bets are ???? Can someone send me the name/address of that hotel?

We will also bring:

EZUp
6' folding table
a salad
some munchies
Great! We have an ezup also.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Saltx3 wrote:

Ribs
Chicken Wings
Pulled pork sammies

THANKS Sistah!!!

We will also bring:

EZUp
6' folding table
a salad
some munchies
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
5080 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa Park, NY
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
The Five O'clock Parrott
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Man Standing has a lot meaning right now.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice

Post by The Five O'clock Parrott »

LIPH wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:

Ribs
Chicken Wings
Pulled pork sammies

THANKS Sistah!!!

We will also bring:

EZUp
6' folding table
a salad
some munchies
5080 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa Park, NY
We are bringing and eze-up and we will definitely bring snacks like we did at GW.

Colleen, is your little grill a coleman?
Mitch

Beach House on the Mountain, Stowe VT, August 6th, 2011
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:

Ribs
Chicken Wings
Pulled pork sammies

THANKS Sistah!!!

We will also bring:

EZUp
6' folding table
a salad
some munchies
5080 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa Park, NY
We are bringing and eze-up and we will definitely bring snacks like we did at GW.

Not sure. I will consult with my project manager and get back to you.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Colleen, count me in for food. I will bring $$$. Thanks for organizing this for us.

Debbie
The Five O'clock Parrott

sistergoldenhair wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:

Ribs
Chicken Wings
Pulled pork sammies

THANKS Sistah!!!

We will also bring:

EZUp
6' folding table
a salad
some munchies
5080 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa Park, NY

I talked to The Boss.

We'll bring:
Bets' Pineapple Slaw
Vegetable Tray
Chips and Dip
Cheese, Pepperoni and Crackers

Do you want us to bring plates and plasticware?

The reason I ask about the grill is I have some bottles of fuel I can donate and we can get a bunch of hot dogs to throw on.
Mitch

Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

dnw wrote:Colleen, count me in for food. I will bring $$$. Thanks for organizing this for us.
You can count me in as well. Thank you very much!!!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

Finsupinfla wrote:
dnw wrote:Colleen, count me in for food. I will bring $$$. Thanks for organizing this for us.
Please count me in as well. I will pay you on the day - do you take sterling? :-)

I don't eat meat but am happy with some salad if that's OK?

Thanks for organising all this x
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Finsupinfla wrote:
Add me to the list, thanks.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Debbie
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

sistergoldenhair wrote:
LIPH wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:

Ribs
Chicken Wings
Pulled pork sammies

THANKS Sistah!!!

We will also bring:

EZUp
6' folding table
a salad
some munchies
5080 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa Park, NY

I talked to The Boss.

We'll bring:
Bets' Pineapple Slaw
Vegetable Tray
Chips and Dip
Cheese, Pepperoni and Crackers

Do you want us to bring plates and plasticware?

The reason I ask about the grill is I have some bottles of fuel I can donate and we can get a bunch of hot dogs to throw on.
Hey Mitch, we are bringing a coleman stove and a charcoal grill, so we can use the fuel. Hot dogs will be a wonderful addition! Yes, bring plates and plasticware, thanks! I will start a master list so we know how many, and we will assume a few more once we are there ... Mike is going to get himself on the board so he will be able to communicate directly. --c
The Five O'clock Parrott

sistergoldenhair wrote:
Hey Mitch, we are bringing a coleman stove and a charcoal grill, so we can use the fuel. Hot dogs will be a wonderful addition! Yes, bring plates and plasticware, thanks! I will start a master list so we know how many, and we will assume a few more once we are there ... Mike is going to get himself on the board so he will be able to communicate directly. --c
And the purchasing has begun!!!! :lol: :lol:
Mitch

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
And the purchasing has begun!!!! :lol: :lol:

Keep up with how many $$$ we will owe you. :D

Debbie