Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Who's going to Jones Beach 8/21??

Post by LIPH »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
LIPH wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:is there any type of "meet up/caravan" place ??
Mike and I were talking about that on the way home from GW. Are you guys coming in on Wednesday or day of concert? Anyone who is coming on Wednesday and could meet up early Thursday morning, that would be the best chance of ending up together. Jones Beach is a LOT more informal about the parking -- they don't guide you into rows. I am wondering if we should figure out who is staying where (on Wednesday), then we could meet up at whichever hotel has the most people interested in parking together. What say you, HOG? You are the resident LI expert ...

Also, people coming on Wednesday, want to meet up somewhere for dinner that night? There are some fun bars/restaurants on the Nautical Mile. Once again, HOG, any wisdom you have to offer is greatly appreciated!
In years past, everyone has usually met at the Best Western the morning of the show and caravaned in from there. The beach used to open at sunrise, then it was pushed back to either 9:00 or 10:00 because of cuts in the state park budget. I don't know what time they open now, I think it was 9:00 last year.

The Nautical Mile is a good idea. Otto's is a nice place. Bracco's is a couple of blocks away from Otto's and isn't too bad but if I remember correctly is attracts a younger crowd. I don't eat seafood but I've been to both places, they have burgers and chicken and stuff that I do eat.

The Hooters in Farmingdale reopened last year and isn't too far from the Best Western. :lol:
Excellent info, thanks HOG. As I recall we got there around 9 last year. I am pretty sure Mike and I stopped in to Otto's and Bracco's (sampling the local brews). :D
There's a place almost at the end of the Nautical Mile that opened in 2012 called Tropix On The Mile. I was never in the restaurant part but they have a really nice outdoor bar. This won't be any help to us but they used to have a pretty good reggae band on Sunday afternoons. The only thing I didn't like about it was some days it looked like it was full of Jersey Shore wannabes. :o

There's a good Italian restaurant right next to the Best Western, Ciao Baby. The food's pretty good but the one time I was there I thought it was overpriced for a family style restaurant on Long Island.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

LIPH wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
Mike and I were talking about that on the way home from GW. Are you guys coming in on Wednesday or day of concert? Anyone who is coming on Wednesday and could meet up early Thursday morning, that would be the best chance of ending up together. Jones Beach is a LOT more informal about the parking -- they don't guide you into rows. I am wondering if we should figure out who is staying where (on Wednesday), then we could meet up at whichever hotel has the most people interested in parking together. What say you, HOG? You are the resident LI expert ...

Also, people coming on Wednesday, want to meet up somewhere for dinner that night? There are some fun bars/restaurants on the Nautical Mile. Once again, HOG, any wisdom you have to offer is greatly appreciated!
In years past, everyone has usually met at the Best Western the morning of the show and caravaned in from there. The beach used to open at sunrise, then it was pushed back to either 9:00 or 10:00 because of cuts in the state park budget. I don't know what time they open now, I think it was 9:00 last year.

The Nautical Mile is a good idea. Otto's is a nice place. Bracco's is a couple of blocks away from Otto's and isn't too bad but if I remember correctly is attracts a younger crowd. I don't eat seafood but I've been to both places, they have burgers and chicken and stuff that I do eat.

The Hooters in Farmingdale reopened last year and isn't too far from the Best Western. :lol:

:P :P :P

Debbie
The Five O'clock Parrott
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Man Standing has a lot meaning right now.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Tonga Juice

Post by The Five O'clock Parrott »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
LIPH wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:

Excellent info, thanks HOG. As I recall we got there around 9 last year. I am pretty sure Mike and I stopped in to Otto's and Bracco's (sampling the local brews). :D
We're on Wednesday. I just need to discuss departure time with the new boss. I'm hoping to leave NH by 11.
Mitch

Beach House on the Mountain, Stowe VT, August 6th, 2011
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

The Five O'clock Parrott wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
LIPH wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:

We're on Wednesday. I just need to discuss departure time with the new boss. I'm hoping to leave NH by 11.
Cool! Looking forward to seeing you two again!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
The Five O'clock Parrott

sistergoldenhair wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
LIPH wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:

Cool! Looking forward to seeing you two again!
It feels like I just saw you a couple of days ago! ;)
Mitch

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:

By the time we got tickets (YAY) the hotel where most seem to be staying was full.
Here's where we are staying (we have no idea how far we are from the venue)
Days Inn Long Island/Copiague in Copiague, New York
Looks like about 4 hours for us. We are both working until noon so we would be hitting the road around 1:30 ???
Arriving Wednesday, hopefully?
Yup Wednesday
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

Saltx3 wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:

By the time we got tickets (YAY) the hotel where most seem to be staying was full.
Looks like about 4 hours for us. We are both working until noon so we would be hitting the road around 1:30 ???
Yup Wednesday
Cool! We have time to figure out a plan ...
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
The Five O'clock Parrott

sistergoldenhair wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:
Saltx3 wrote:
sistergoldenhair wrote:

Yup Wednesday
Cool! We have time to figure out a plan ...
don't forget us! :lol: :lol:
Mitch

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

It seems forever since I've seen some of you guys. :P Can't wait!!

Debbie
The Five O'clock Parrott

dnw wrote:It seems forever since I've seen some of you guys. :P Can't wait!!
or ever!
Mitch

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

or ever!

[smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Debbie
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

dnw wrote:
or ever!

Or never. :(
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

lime rickie wrote:
dnw wrote:
or ever!

We will meet!!! Looking forward to meeting all of you!!! :D :D :D

Debbie
no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

dnw wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
dnw wrote:
or ever!

To echo Debbie I look forward to meeting you all.
Flying across the pond on Tuesday so should be nearly in the right time zone by Thursday!
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

no shoes wrote:
dnw wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
dnw wrote:
or ever!

To echo Debbie I look forward to meeting you all.
Flying across the pond on Tuesday so should be nearly in the right time zone by Thursday!
It will be five o'clock!
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Last edited by Saltx3 on July 22, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

[smilie=cool.gif] [smilie=cool.gif] [smilie=cool.gif]

Debbie
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Can anyone help us figure out how far our hotel is from where the rest of you are staying?

Here's where we are:

SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Saltx3 wrote:Can anyone help us figure out how far our hotel is from where the rest of you are staying?

Here's where we are:

3 miles from us!!! :D

Debbie