Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

BalconyGirls
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Steamer
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Post by BalconyGirls »

alphabits wrote:
Hey "newbie"! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
. .ha, ha . . forget your password and this could happen to YOU . . . Regis . .! !

:wench:
. . " and I finally disappear . . BUT NOT YET ! ! ! "
alphabits
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by alphabits »

BalconyGirls wrote:
alphabits wrote:
Hey "newbie"! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
. .ha, ha . . forget your password and this could happen to YOU . . . Regis . .! !

:wench:
Maybe I should've called you "newbiegee". :lol:

We don't let Regis out much any more. He causes too much trouble. Him and Bonzo. :roll:
BalconyGirls
Gypsies in the palace

Post by BalconyGirls »

alphabits wrote:

We don't let Regis out much any more. He causes too much trouble. Him and Bonzo. :roll:
. .good thing . . those two made quite the mess outta you . . altho Regis came to us as a regular kinda guy . .at first . .

:wink:
rsgeist
Hoot!

Post by rsgeist »

BalconyGirls wrote:
alphabits wrote:

. .good thing . . those two made quite the mess outta you . . altho Regis came to us as a regular kinda guy . .at first . .

:wink:
What do you mean, "at first"? :evil:
Image ... yes, its true ... I am alphabits' evil twin
rsgeist
Hoot!

Post by rsgeist »

Hi.

I once was a newbie. I was a "regular" guy.
Then I became a cereal.
Cereals are made out of grain.
Grain keeps you regular.
So .... I'm still a regular guy.
BalconyGirls
Gypsies in the palace

Post by BalconyGirls »

rsgeist wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

. .can't believe you found that . . ! !

. . pleeeeeze find your very first post here on BN. . . . ! !

:lol:
rsgeist
Hoot!

Post by rsgeist »

BalconyGirls wrote:
rsgeist wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

. .can't believe you found that . . ! !

. . pleeeeeze find your very first post here on BN. . . . ! !

:lol:
Nothing too exotic .... something regarding the 2005 Philly concerts .....

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=38854&p=1631596#p1631596
OtisGudlyfe
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40 - cuz I done a little smugglin'
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita...or maybe Jack and Coke...maybe beer...

Post by OtisGudlyfe »

Howdy Phlock. I'm not really a "newbee," more like a "returnee." Been absent for a couple of years taking care of some personal bid'ness. I came back to find my profile had gone MIA.....redid it but it won't let me load my avatar, so you don't get to see my face (I'm sure none of you are any the poorer for that.) Anyway, just dropped by to say "Yo!"
- the walls that won't come down
We can decorate or climb
Or find some way to get around
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

OtisGudlyfe wrote:Howdy Phlock. I'm not really a "newbee," more like a "returnee." Been absent for a couple of years taking care of some personal bid'ness. I came back to find my profile had gone MIA.....redid it but it won't let me load my avatar, so you don't get to see my face (I'm sure none of you are any the poorer for that.) Anyway, just dropped by to say "Yo!"
I remember ya! Welcome aboard.... again!
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
OtisGudlyfe
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40 - cuz I done a little smugglin'
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita...or maybe Jack and Coke...maybe beer...

Post by OtisGudlyfe »

I have been trying to rebuild my profile but in the "Edit Avatar" setting, I just get a grey box that does nothing when I click on it. I also get no option to upload an avatar from my 'puter. Anyone got any suggestions?
- the walls that won't come down
We can decorate or climb
Or find some way to get around
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

OtisGudlyfe wrote:I have been trying to rebuild my profile but in the "Edit Avatar" setting, I just get a grey box that does nothing when I click on it. I also get no option to upload an avatar from my 'puter. Anyone got any suggestions?

Get in touch with Penny. (smlchng)

Debbie
SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture

Post by SunLover »

OtisGudlyfe wrote:I have been trying to rebuild my profile but in the "Edit Avatar" setting, I just get a grey box that does nothing when I click on it. I also get no option to upload an avatar from my 'puter. Anyone got any suggestions?
You are not actually uploading the avatar to BN. It has to be hosted on another site like photobucket, then it is linked to BN. The image dimensions can be 120px wide by 160px high and approx 20kb in size. Once you post it on photobucket, return to the User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Avatar here on BN. Post the picture link in the "Link off site" box, then click Submit. Your avatar should appear in the box above.
SoCal Parrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 61
Favorite Boat Drink: Sierra Nevada

Post by SoCal Parrothead »

After my first JB show at Irvine Meadows (California) in 1992, I became a Parrothead. I will honestly admit that the only reason I went to the concert was to listen to "Margaritaville" and "Come Monday," which were the only JB songs I knew. Strangely, I still remember the radio commerical announcement for JB. Along with the few "radio" hits that played in the background promoting the show, the song that sounded kool was "Volcano." Even though I owned the record album "You Had to be There," I never played it much.

As for the pre-party, it was not as crazy as it became years later. As for the show, well, we danced and partied. After the show, while driving my cousin's truck, who was sitting in bed of the truck with another friend, I was rear-ended by a car. The collision caused me to hit the Mercedes in front of me. Fortunately, it happened right in front of the police, so there was little doubt as to who was at fault.

Since, 1992, there has not been a year that I have not seen JB. I went to the Millineum show in 1999 in LA. Now, I regularly attend Fin City each Ocotober for JB. During the Welcome to Fin Land Tour, I took my youngest daughter, 8 year old, to her first show in San Diego.
MassPirate40
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: All Of Them
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer,Rum,Margarita

Post by MassPirate40 »

Hi My Name Is Brian. I live In central Mass. Near the RI border. After lurking here for a while I decided it was time to join :D .I attended my first Jimmy Buffett concert in 2006. Party At The End of The World Tour At GW both the Thursday Night Show And The Saturday Show .I was Driving For A limo company at the time . Those Nights I happened to bring groups To the Concerts. The Tailgating Was Unreal for a first Experience. I loved It even though I couldn't Drink. The Thursday Night show one of the people I brought bought me a lawn ticket . Once I saw the Show I was Hooked. I didn't know many songs other than Come Monday and Margaritaville . I absolutely loved the concert even though I was soaked from the downpour that happened. I brought another group for the Saturday show and had a ticket given to me by a limo driver that had an extra ticket. I Went in 2007 To The Bama Breeze tour shows at Gillette Stadium, again bringing a group to the labor day show. At that show I was hanging around by the entrance gate to the field ,and A guy inside had a few extra tickets that he was stuck with, he tried to sell them to me and a few parking lot security people that were hanging around . He Then just gave the tickets to us. So again I got to go to a show while I was working for free . The next week I had already planned to go and bought tickets for the show, and had a great time. After that I saw him at MSG in NYC on Thursday Sept 20th 2007 and I had a blast at that show as well. I missed a few years of concerts and went Last year 2013 to the GW show and took my 13 Year old daughter to the show. Now I'm ready To Go My 7th show 8th including the Live At the Drive in show :D .This Saturday I will be bringing my two younger daughters with me to GW. They are 5 and 6.5 and they love JB music so I think it will be a good time watching them enjoy the show. I've enjoyed every concert that I've been to and will enjoy this one as well. I know Lots more songs Now And have most if not all the albums plus the live shows that I have attended as well . Hope To maybe make A few new friends at the Tailgate at GW Saturday as well . I will be parked in the RV parking area again this year and, will also walk the parking lot for a little while as well. It will Be so much fun and I'm really looking forward to it. Although the days of going free are over . :( I gladly pay to go and have a great time both tailgating and the concert. But I'll Never forget the first 3 that I went to for free. :D :D
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi Brian.I'm Bill.This is my first GW show.I paint kids too,so bring them on by!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
MassPirate40
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: All Of Them
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer,Rum,Margarita

Post by MassPirate40 »

bodypainter wrote:Hi Brian.I'm Bill.This is my first GW show.I paint kids too,so bring them on by!
Hi Bill I've seen some of the things you've painted And they're great. I lurked here a while lol. I'll Look for you there definitely. I look forward to it .Also Welcome To GW.
ericshively

Post by ericshively »

My name is Eric, and I am newbie. Hi!

Side note - I am looking at going to my first Buffett show next week in Camden, NJ, was thinking about bringing my 4 1/2 year-old daughter with me as she likes listening to Jiummy with me in the car when we're out and about. Can anyone who's been there for shows give me some feedback as to whether it's a good scene/vibe for little kids?
mayfairjim
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by mayfairjim »

Hi Everyone. My name is Jim and my family and I have been going to Jimmy Buffett concerts on and off for the past 16 years. My youngest son told me that last night at the Camden NJ concert. I live in Philadelphia and work in the securities industry. I have been married for 35 years and have 3 children and 3 grandchildren (the youngest just born on Aug. 14). My middle grandson (4 years old) stands the best chance of becoming a parrothead. He seems to enjoy riding around with his grandparents (can't believe I am saying that) and listening to Jimmy Buffett.
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hello Eric and Jim.I'm Bill.Welcome to Buffett News.Follow some threads,jump in once in a while and join the party!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
RollTideParrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Woman Going Crazy on Caroline Street
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Bushwhacker(Find it from Pensacola to Gulf Shores)

Post by RollTideParrothead »

Hey yall! Fins up from Birmingham,Alabama!! I am Jay. I have been a Parrothead and listening to Jimmy constantly for about 7 or 8 years now. I am now 31 and will be 32 next month. Obviously my Parrothead self started with Margaritaville and I started diving into older Jimmy like Woman Going Crazy on Caroline Street, Pascagoula Run, Peanut Butter Conspiracy, Great Station Filling Holdup, Six String Music. So obviously I love the older Jimmy from the 70's. His new stuff is fun as well. I am here to learn more about the stories of Jimmy, other Parrotheads and friendship! Let's have some fun! Fins up from Birmingham! Roll Tide!
"Salt air ain't thin..It can stick right to your skin and make you feel fine.."