Who's Going to Austin May 31st?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

srkmrd
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Who's Going to Austin May 31st?

Post by srkmrd »

jackal333 wrote:This is our normal set up in Frisco (which is only half a mile from my house), but I won't be able to make the Frisco date this year. Do you think this set up would work in Austin?
I would think so. The parking spots can be purchased ahead and are cheaper as well :wench:
jackal333
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by jackal333 »

I purchased the dry camping RV spot for our set up. If anyone spots the T and A Tiki Bar, stop by for a drink!
browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: Brown Eyed Girl
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas and Landshark, of course!

Post by browneyedgrltx »

Going to have our new trailer for this show! So excited! We pick it up this week!
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built."

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Vegas 08, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Frisco '07, '08, '09, 10, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
New Orleans Jazz Fest '02
Bristow, VA '99
srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

browneyedgrltx wrote:Going to have our new trailer for this show! So excited! We pick it up this week!
Nice! We will be in our old Tacki Tiki Trailer :wench: :wench:
jackal333
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by jackal333 »

Hey Brown Eyed Girl! I know you have been to both venues. Any advice?

If the lots are suppose to open at noon in Austin, do they really open at noon? Or is there a huge line by noon?

Or is it like Frisco where its complete chaos? Last year was the best so far, but I kept calling asking if anyone could line up early and they kept telling me the police would clear the streets if anyone lined up before 9 am. My friend called me at 5 am and said there was a line forming and the police were there and said it was okay. The lots actually opened at 730 am and were pretty much full by the time 9 am came around. I would have been p*** if I followed the rules and showed up at 9 am.
browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by browneyedgrltx »

jackal333 wrote:Hey Brown Eyed Girl! I know you have been to both venues. Any advice?

If the lots are suppose to open at noon in Austin, do they really open at noon? Or is there a huge line by noon?

Or is it like Frisco where its complete chaos? Last year was the best so far, but I kept calling asking if anyone could line up early and they kept telling me the police would clear the streets if anyone lined up before 9 am. My friend called me at 5 am and said there was a line forming and the police were there and said it was okay. The lots actually opened at 730 am and were pretty much full by the time 9 am came around. I would have been p*** if I followed the rules and showed up at 9 am.

The lots are open at noon or earlier. Just roll right in, no lines or lining up.

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
Bristow, VA '99
JimmyGB
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by JimmyGB »

Greetings All,
We have a small group that have been to Frisco several times (love the tailgating!), but will be heading to the Austin show this year. We have always enjoyed parking a vehicle Friday morning in the Buffett lot, leaving it and coming back that evening for the fun and festivities. In Frisco there was free parking across the street where we could park our transportation vehicle so we could head back to the hotel late Friday night for a good night sleep. We'd then head back Saturday morning and pick up where we left off from the night before.
Any idea how we might pull that off in Austin? I don't see any public parking areas nearby. And it looks like a taxi might be pricey.
Thanks!
JimmyGB
browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by browneyedgrltx »

JimmyGB wrote:Greetings All,
We have a small group that have been to Frisco several times (love the tailgating!), but will be heading to the Austin show this year. We have always enjoyed parking a vehicle Friday morning in the Buffett lot, leaving it and coming back that evening for the fun and festivities. In Frisco there was free parking across the street where we could park our transportation vehicle so we could head back to the hotel late Friday night for a good night sleep. We'd then head back Saturday morning and pick up where we left off from the night before.
Any idea how we might pull that off in Austin? I don't see any public parking areas nearby. And it looks like a taxi might be pricey.
Thanks!
JimmyGB
There is absolutely nothing near this stadium except a few homes. It is in the middle of BFE with a toll road going by! A taxi will definitely be expensive to get there.

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
Bristow, VA '99
srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

browneyedgrltx wrote:
JimmyGB wrote:Greetings All,
Thanks!
JimmyGB
There is absolutely nothing near this stadium except a few homes. It is in the middle of BFE with a toll road going by! A taxi will definitely be expensive to get there.
Paying for parking would definitely be cheaper than a cab. I think on the day of the show there is even some free parking somewhere. I think for a car, advanced parking is only $15 a day.
FriscoPhlocker
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by FriscoPhlocker »

Fellow Phlockers,

I'm making the Austin show this year. Haven't missed a DFW show in 20 years so I thought I'd start branching out. I know in Frisco every year that Friday night is also a good party scene. Is that the case in Austin? It looks like the parking is much more spread out than Frisco, and it appears the lot (A?) on the west side is the party spot from what I've read. I don't mind paying to park somewhere and already have a hotel booked for both nights.

What suggestions would you guys give me? Excited about rolling to ATX this year!

With all the events at COA, how has no one built a freaking hotel out there? Hell they'd make their money for the year on the F1 weekend!
browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by browneyedgrltx »

FriscoPhlocker wrote:Fellow Phlockers,

I'm making the Austin show this year. Haven't missed a DFW show in 20 years so I thought I'd start branching out. I know in Frisco every year that Friday night is also a good party scene. Is that the case in Austin? It looks like the parking is much more spread out than Frisco, and it appears the lot (A?) on the west side is the party spot from what I've read. I don't mind paying to park somewhere and already have a hotel booked for both nights.

What suggestions would you guys give me? Excited about rolling to ATX this year!

With all the events at COA, how has no one built a freaking hotel out there? Hell they'd make their money for the year on the F1 weekend!
Ask the people that come to Forumla One Racing because they are asking the same thing! There's only one convenience store even remotely close to COTA and I don't even know if it's opened yet! They built this in the middle of NOTHING! No paved roads even until they put the F1 track in. Day before was fun though!! Last year we were in a swimming pool drinking beer at the RV next to us!! Nothing else close by to go to though.

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
Bristow, VA '99
FriscoPhlocker
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by FriscoPhlocker »

browneyedgrltx wrote:
FriscoPhlocker wrote:Fellow Phlockers,

Ask the people that come to Forumla One Racing because they are asking the same thing! There's only one convenience store even remotely close to COTA and I don't even know if it's opened yet! They built this in the middle of NOTHING! No paved roads even until they put the F1 track in. Day before was fun though!! Last year we were in a swimming pool drinking beer at the RV next to us!! Nothing else close by to go to though.
I guess my question was more is Lot A where the scene is at? And is there a scene on Friday night too?

I came to the first F1 race and you're right. There's NOTHING out there. Thought COTA did a bang up job of bussing everyone in and out though. Waits were really manageable.
FINS4LIFE
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: party at the end of the world-my daughters favorite
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: land shark

Post by FINS4LIFE »

In need of 4 lawn tix if anybody can help...checking the tix forum also
"Don't give up, don't ever give up" Jimmy V.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

:( :( :( :( not going to happen, going to be in the boot still
srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

ragtopW wrote::( :( :( :( not going to happen, going to be in the boot still
Boots, should like appropriate attire for Texas [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Sorry :cry: :oops: :cry: Gonna miss a Santa hug!
jedivet
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: VooDoo

Post by jedivet »

srkmrd wrote:
ragtopW wrote::( :( :( :( not going to happen, going to be in the boot still
Boots, should like appropriate attire for Texas [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Sorry :cry: :oops: :cry: Gonna miss a Santa hug!
As I said for Friso, boo! That sucks!
...I come down to talk to me...when the coast is clear...
browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by browneyedgrltx »

srkmrd wrote:
browneyedgrltx wrote:
srkmrd wrote:I am more interested in getting RV hookups than seats right now. We will most likely do lawn in Austin.
That's exactly our plan too!!
So when you get there what is the RV site 'we should not take' so we don't have to move later, then again, maybe it would get us better seats :wench:

I never did answer this question. DON'T PARK NEXT TO THE RACE TRACK OWNER'S RV! Bobby Epstein did not appreciate our butts parked next to him and we had to move after we had everything all set up so he could have a private party. You will know which one is his because it cost about a half million and is parked right up next to the fence. Yes, we did rake it in on that deal and made them "pay" by giving us free beer in the parking lot, free Landshark in the venue during the show, and upgraded to Bobby's personal 3rd row seats but it was NOT worth it. Well, it kind of was and we have a great story to tell, as usual. But I wouldn't do it again.

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
Bristow, VA '99
browneyedgrltx
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by browneyedgrltx »

Did anybody buy the extra wristbands they were talking about for RV parking if you were going to have more than 4 people? I remember reading that only 4 people per RV and if you wanted more then it was $25 per person for additional wristbands.

Austin 06, 13, 14,15, 16
Indy 16
Dallas '06
Bristow, VA '99
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

I think we are going to buy passes in the day parking lot... set up camp there. Aim for the same spot we had last year.....
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

txaggirl91 wrote:I think we are going to buy passes in the day parking lot... set up camp there. Aim for the same spot we had last year.....
That sounds good. I think the spot we had last year was good with the grass on one side.

We will be getting there at noon on Friday with the rv so we will come over and meet you on Saturday AM...