Buffett at Woodstock

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MonumentBeach
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 0

Buffett at Woodstock

Post by MonumentBeach »

Hi all,

My wife and I were talking this week about Buffett playing Bethel Woods this summer. As most of you know, this is a beautiful concert venue on the grounds of the 1969 Woodstock festival...complete with a 1960s/Woodstock museum. We highly recommend it if anybody was considering going.

We were wondering how JB might commemorate the experience, namely what might he do on stage to pay tribute to the original festival?

What covers might he do? I can't imagine him not having some fun with it. Perhaps he'll cover a classic Woodstock anthem? With a Little Help from my Friends? CSNY's Woodstock? Something from Jimi Hendrix? Maybe the famous Country Joe "F-I-S-H" chant? :lol:

-Eric
Ashes of laughter
The ghost is clear
Why do the best things always disappear?
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: Buffett at Woodstock

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Buffett's concert at Woodstock will be commemorated with numerous Margaritaville franchises sprouting up all over the surrounding area as this seems to be the norm lately.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

MonumentBeach wrote:Hi all,

My wife and I were talking this week about Buffett playing Bethel Woods this summer. As most of you know, this is a beautiful concert venue on the grounds of the 1969 Woodstock festival...complete with a 1960s/Woodstock museum. We highly recommend it if anybody was considering going.

We were wondering how JB might commemorate the experience, namely what might he do on stage to pay tribute to the original festival?

What covers might he do? I can't imagine him not having some fun with it. Perhaps he'll cover a classic Woodstock anthem? With a Little Help from my Friends? CSNY's Woodstock? Something from Jimi Hendrix? Maybe the famous Country Joe "F-I-S-H" chant? :lol:

-Eric
See the Newport folk festival set list for your answer.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

jbfinscj wrote:
MonumentBeach wrote:Hi all,

-Eric
See the Newport folk festival set list for your answer.
A cover of "Blowin' In the Wind"? The rest of the setlist appears to be mostly the same ol' same ol' aside from maybe "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Buffett's concert at Woodstock will be commemorated with numerous Margaritaville franchises sprouting up all over the surrounding area as this seems to be the norm lately.
Careful, or you'll earn the wrath of the margarita gaggers who evidently love their overpriced cheeseburgers.
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

Tiki Torches wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:Buffett's concert at Woodstock will be commemorated with numerous Margaritaville franchises sprouting up all over the surrounding area as this seems to be the norm lately.
Careful, or you'll earn the wrath of the margarita gaggers who evidently love their overpriced cheeseburgers.
I'm in the volcano nacho faction of the so called "margarita gaggers".
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

caroltz
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by caroltz »

It may be an ironic coincidence, but the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant in Middletown, NY - about 30 minutes south of Bethel Woods - shut down last year. Not surprised that it closed; hubby and I had gone several times over the years but after a while the restaurant always seemed grubby/dirty and had a funky smell inside.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

Tiki Torches wrote:
TBH in the times I have eaten at Margaritaville the Burgers are great, I ask for rare and they provide me with a rare
(still bleeding) burger. some of the rest of the food? Eh not so much
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

ragtopW wrote:
Tiki Torches wrote:
TBH in the times I have eaten at Margaritaville the Burgers are great, I ask for rare and they provide me with a rare
(still bleeding) burger. some of the rest of the food? Eh not so much
I didn't say the cheeseburgers weren't good, just overpriced. I imagine the drinks are too.
catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Post by catsway »

jbfinscj wrote:
Tiki Torches wrote:
We took in the grand opening festivities at M'ville Destin yesterday. Totally new menu. Great harbor and sunset views. But the prices...jeez. Volcano Nachos $17. CIP $13. Two bottles domestic and two donestic drafts $29 with tip. We save money driving to the Panama City cafe.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley
RainTree
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the mood
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Bahama Mama

Post by RainTree »

Glad to hear the PCB cafe is not so expensive. We'll be there sometime this week - perhaps on the days it rains and we can't be on the beach. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

catsway wrote:
jbfinscj wrote:
Tiki Torches wrote:
We took in the grand opening festivities at M'ville Destin yesterday. Totally new menu. Great harbor and sunset views. But the prices...jeez. Volcano Nachos $17. CIP $13. Two bottles domestic and two donestic drafts $29 with tip. We save money driving to the Panama City cafe.
Holy jumping catfish!!!
Last time I got overcharged for something that badly was back in 1980 or so at the Playboy Club that used to be in Lake Geneva WI.  Paid five bucks for a 12-ounce tap domestic beer that would have been — at most — a dollar at any other bar in Wisconsin.  Granted it came in a Pilsner glass that had the Rabbit's Head emblem on it and was served by a girl in a bunny costume, but I wasn't allowed to touch the girl and I didn't get to keep the glass either..... 
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."