Chicago Makes Good To Lawn Ticket Holders

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Chicago Makes Good To Lawn Ticket Holders

Post by FunkHouse9 »

From their Facebook Page
Lawn ticket purchasers for the Saturday, June 29 show will be contacted directly via email, where they will receive information on how to redeem a complimentary lawn ticket for each lawn ticket purchased for Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band, to any available show at FirstMerit Bank Pavilion, First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, or Alpine Valley. The offer is based on availability and will be subject to expiration, so participants are encouraged to respond quickly for best selection, once they receive the email from Live Nation.
Full post at: https://www.facebook.com/notes/firstmer ... 3085011821
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Chicago Makes Good To Lawn Ticket Holders

Post by urlcenter »

Based on the responses on the venue's FB page, this ticket deal is not going over real big
SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

urlcenter wrote:Based on the responses on the venue's FB page, this ticket deal is not going over real big
Not surprised. What shows are coming up at any of those venues that Parrotheads would want to see? And good luck getting into the shows within whatever their time frame is before the "deal" expires.
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

Doesn't help much for those that drove a long way or flew into Chicago.

Can't argue with this FB comment:

Giving away lawn seats to shows that wouldn't sell out is pretty much more $$$ in the bank for Live Nation w/ the extra concessions it will generate.
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

chippewa wrote:Doesn't help much for those that drove a long way or flew into Chicago..
That could be said of any offer. Same goes for people who scalped tickets. They could have done nothing. At least they're doing something.

Combined with the parking fiasco though.... Makes me happy to have Jiffy Lube here.
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

If I were one of the ones affected, I'd politely (or maybe NOT so politely) tell them thanks, but no thanks.
looking4OPH
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (frozen, salt); drink, repeat

Post by looking4OPH »

"....makes good...." is an understatement.
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

Wino you know wrote:If I were one of the ones affected, I'd politely (or maybe NOT so politely) tell them thanks, but no thanks.
They would be better off offering a voucher for any show at any live nation venue....basically offer a store credit.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

jbfinscj wrote:
Wino you know wrote:If I were one of the ones affected, I'd politely (or maybe NOT so politely) tell them thanks, but no thanks.
They would be better off offering a voucher for any show at any live nation venue....basically offer a store credit.
No, fans would be better off if they did that, not live nation. Which is why they did what they did.
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Why wouldn't you? If something decent gets announced, it's a free show. Or if you know someone going to another show, use the offer to get those tickets for free, sell the tix to them for half price, they win and you recoup some of your money. Or, use your free tickets to treat someone else to a show they'd enjoy but can't afford.

There's a venue or two here that I don't love, but I wouldn't immediately turn down a free ticket voucher to a concert at one of them. I don't get people who immediately dismiss the offer. I've seen quite a few in this case. These same people would be mad if the venue did nothing.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »

You could use it to get a free lawn ticket to Buffett at Alpine Valley!
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

The offer is based on availability and will be subject to expiration...

I haven't read the details, but "based on availability" might mean a top show won't be available at all. Alpine Valley, for example, has no Buffett lawn seats left. They could sell what they can and then assign free seats last, much like an airline has blackout dates when you try to redeem miles. Hopefully the expiration date is next year, as this year's schedule at all three venues is already announced.

If anybody accepts their offer, read the fine print. Accepting the tickets will likely also be considered full compensation, losing your chance to sue or accept any better offers in the future. As Larry said, maybe there is no standing for legal action anyway, but know that you could be signing away those rights.

If anybody gets the email offer from them, I'd be interested in reading the text.
Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »

There are still lawn tickets available for Alpine, I just checked.