THAT SUCKED!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

dny808
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10

THAT SUCKED!

Post by dny808 »

WOW! I cannot say how truly disappointed in the concert at Toyota Park I was tonight. I am in no means a 'Rookie' to Jimmy, but WOW THAT SUCKED! Technical difficulties, I will give you slack for, but no encore at all? Seriously! $100 bucks a ticket and there are 10 people seriously contemplating not coming back. Way to just call it in. Should have just but on the greatest hits cd on...

Danny
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: THAT SUCKED!

Post by urlcenter »

dny808 wrote:WOW! I cannot say how truly disappointed in the concert at Toyota Park I was tonight. I am in no means a 'Rookie' to Jimmy, but WOW THAT SUCKED! Technical difficulties, I will give you slack for, but no encore at all? Seriously! $100 bucks a ticket and there are 10 people seriously contemplating not coming back. Way to just call it in. Should have just but on the greatest hits cd on...

Danny
The last four songs were played out of the usual order last night due to the power failure. Tin Cup Chalice and Lovely Cruise were supposed to be the encores along with Brown Eyed Girl. Southern Cross was supposed to close the show right before the encores.

So the end of the Chicago looked like this:

Tin Cup Chalice
Lovely Cruise
Southern Cross
Brown Eyed Girl

Had the power not failed the show would have gone like this:

Southern Cross

Encores:
Brown Eyed Girl
Tin Cup Chalice
Lovely Cruise

Compared to the other shows this year this show was just one song shorter with 26 instead of 27
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

dny808 wrote:WOW! I cannot say how truly disappointed in the concert at Toyota Park I was tonight. I am in no means a 'Rookie' to Jimmy, but WOW THAT SUCKED! Technical difficulties, I will give you slack for, but no encore at all? Seriously! $100 bucks a ticket and there are 10 people seriously contemplating not coming back. Way to just call it in. Should have just but on the greatest hits cd on...

Danny
"....call it in"? Jimmy may do a few things these days that I don't agree with ......

.... but he has never, ever, not given 100%+ of himself when performing. Don't go again. Nope. If you can't see that ... just don't bother.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

He played a show at the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill years ago where the PA was not working. People were so upset they started leaving. I honestly don't think Buffett was aware of it but once it was brought to his attention and the sound system was fixed, he asked us if we wanted him to start over. Of course, his question was met with an uproarious "YESSS!!!!" but he didn't honor it (it's like we were actually expecting him to anyway, at least not me) but at least he acknowledged there was a problem.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Knock yourself out. :roll:

You got 28 songs, Toronto got 27, Cleveland 29 and WI 29. Just exactly how were you cheated? You're b*tching about nothing. Yes, the end of the show got messed up but it's not exactly Jimmy's fault that the power went haywire and killed the microphones etc.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote:Knock yourself out. :roll:

You got 28 songs, Toronto got 27, Cleveland 29 and WI 29. Just exactly how were you cheated? You're b*tching about nothing. Yes, the end of the show got messed up but it's not exactly Jimmy's fault that the power went haywire and killed the microphones etc.
be glad it wasn't the Australia Show, when he fell off the stage (not sure if that was the end of the show)...wasn't New Zealand cancelled due to that....how do you think they felt!!
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

Yes, Jimmy's fall off the stage in Australia was right at the end of the show. He had just finished the last song which was Lovely Cruise. The New Zealand show was in fact cancelled but Jimmy is planning on making a another trip down under in early 2012.
DisisDave
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by DisisDave »

What a ridiculous statement... most acts his age don't approach 28 songs.. I know McCartney is doing 30 something (on a limited date run) ... but other bands I've seen do 17-20....I don't agree with the Ticket prices but I've never seen Jimmy phone it in...
Illini Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night, Death of an Unpopular Poet, NE TX Women
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita with Salt

Post by Illini Parrothead »

even if those were out of order big deal....the show BLEW and was garbage for what we all spend on tickets.....plus yeah those were encores but didn't matter as you didn't hear any of it.....
July 26, 2008 - Chicago
August 15, 2009 - Chicago
August 14, 2010 - Chicago
July 23, 2011 - Chicago
October 15, 2011 - Vegas
October 20, 2012 - Vegas
October 19, 2013 - Vegas
Wino you know
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Far Side of the World & Somewhere Over China
Number of Concerts: 105
Favorite Boat Drink: Beaujalais Villages French Burgundy

Post by Wino you know »

To everyone complaining, PLEASE give it a rest. I was also there, and, as I said in the other thread, it DIDN'T su.c.k. Jimmy and the band didn't like it any more than we did. In fact, they were ALL p*ssed off. The only song we didn't get to hear was 5:00 Somewhere. NOT a big deal. We got to go. we had fun. Lots of people that wanted to go weren't able to. Ilo sounded great, the Meet & Greet was fun, the tailgating was nice, it didn't rain, and we got to hang out with friends we don't get to see very often and made new ones. Be thankful.
bbqmonster
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children
Favorite Boat Drink: Outlawed Martina

Post by bbqmonster »

Danny
Sounds like another "One Post Whiner" to me.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Wino you know wrote:To everyone complaining, PLEASE give it a rest. I was also there, and, as I said in the other thread, it DIDN'T su.c.k. Jimmy and the band didn't like it any more than we did. In fact, they were ALL p*ssed off. The only song we didn't get to hear was 5:00 Somewhere. NOT a big deal. We got to go. we had fun. Lots of people that wanted to go weren't able to. Ilo sounded great, the Meet & Greet was fun, the tailgating was nice, it didn't rain, and we got to hang out with friends we don't get to see very often and made new ones. Be thankful.
Thank you, Garry.
spark26981
I have found me a home

Post by spark26981 »

Agreed, we had a great time too. s*** happens, what you gonna do about it?
The weather was great, compared to how it had been before and also after the show. Company was awesome. Atmosphere was great. Great show apart from a few technical issues, but that's what happens at a LIVE show.
Whoevers complaining needs to take a few shots of tonga juice and chill out :)
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Wino you know wrote:To everyone complaining, PLEASE give it a rest. I was also there, and, as I said in the other thread, it DIDN'T su.c.k. Jimmy and the band didn't like it any more than we did. In fact, they were ALL p*ssed off. The only song we didn't get to hear was 5:00 Somewhere. NOT a big deal. We got to go. we had fun. Lots of people that wanted to go weren't able to. Ilo sounded great, the Meet & Greet was fun, the tailgating was nice, it didn't rain, and we got to hang out with friends we don't get to see very often and made new ones. Be thankful.
Well said, Garry!
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

[smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)

Post by nutmeg »

Never had a bad day at work where due to technical problems you didn't get your work done???

All of us have been there. It isn't usually quite so public for the rest of us.

I think they all did the best they could under the circumstances....

I don't understand the attitude at all. :-?
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
ejr
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by ejr »

ok, here;s my two cents worth.

Was this the ending I wanted--no. Was it the ending Jimmy wanted or planned--no.

What happened last night was a rare, freak occurrence. Who is at fault, I don't know, but it certainly wasn't deliberate.

Jimmy's shows lately have been averaging 25-26 songs. We got 25, and, if you want to count the two acoustic, with no amplification songs, 27 songs. For those who say we did not get encores--take a look at the setlists this year--Fins ends the main show. We got encores, just not in the manner planned.

And, I am pretty positive that he would not have done both Tin Cup Chalice and Lovely Cruise as encores. One of those perhaps, but not both. We would have had Southern Cross or BEG, 5 O'Clock, and a slower song. I had heard he intended to play Growing Older but Not Up.

We had a great day tailgating with longtime friends and new friends that we met through BN. We loved the concert, despite the problems at the end, and know that nobody wanted things to end the way they did. And, today I enjoyed an afternoon listening to Ilo and Nadirah.

will this go down as my favorite concert. No, but I still had a great time, and I can't wait until next year!
"I finally know what Michael Jordan was talking about when he said he was 'in the zone'"
Jimmy Buffett, 9/4/05, Wrigley Field
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

Jimmy actually played in your city. That's more than a lot of us can say.
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3

Post by Migration Michelle »

Do you SERIOUSLY think Jimmy and his band planned this or were in the least bit happy it happened?
Do you think they like travelling around staying in hotels and having the sound screwed up during the thing they like to do best?

S.h.i.t. happens...like someone I love put it "It's Rock n Roll!!"

For goodness sake, stop over analyzing every little second of every concert. Most performers don't get this scrutiny because they aren't generous enough to let their fans listen to every single show.

It actually makes the show memorable...like the Great Woods hurricane show that was performed several hours early.

The problem with society in this day and age is that everyone wants to complain about every single thing. Jimmy has spent his life making people happy. If you think for one second that he is NOT COMPLETELY P.O.'ed that this happened, then you are 100% wrong.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

buffettbride wrote:Jimmy actually played in your city. That's more than a lot of us can say.
Uh huh. :)