Post by SunLover »

Casa Marina (MOTM) - Key West, FL
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
Thursday, November 05, 2015

01 Great Filling Station Holdup
02 Cuban Crime Of Passion
03 Grapefruit Juicyfruit
04 Peanut Butter Conspiracy
05 Death of An Unpopular Poet (last played 05-05-2011: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Houston, TX)
06 My Lovely Lady (first live performance)
07 He Went To Paris
08 They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More (last played 11-04-2011: Margaritaville Street Festival – Key West, FL)
09 I Have Found Me A Home
10 Railroad Lady (last played 05-05-2011: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Houston, TX)
11 Why Don't We Get Drunk
12 Pirate Looks At Forty

Band Intros
13 Margaritaville
14 Woman Goin Crazy On Caroline Street
15 We Are The People
Last edited by SunLover on November 6, 2015 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 11.05.2015 - Key West, FL (MOTM)

Post by dnw »

[smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif] [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif] [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif]

Debbie

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

How did I miss this?!?!?! When was this announced?!?

AWESOME!!!!!
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Jimmy mentioned it on Bing & Bong before the Vegas show.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Post by FinsUp6835 »

nothing from Margaritaville.TV on this?

I love Mville TV and think it is amazing that Jimmy broadcasts his shows for free. - I am not complaining and very grateful that he does this.

However, I do think many opportunities are missed to broadcast and capture "rare" shows that most people can't make
ex. Paris and MOTM.

just a thought....

FINS UP !
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

CrznDnUS1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found A Home
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mezcal

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it." - Albert Einstein

CrznDnUS1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found A Home
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mezcal

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

FinsUp6835 wrote:How did I miss this?!?!?! When was this announced?!?
I just saw it yesterday on facebook the 'Key West In your Face' page.

AWESOME!!!!!
"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it." - Albert Einstein

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I wonder how many people down there that didn't register, wish they had.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Wonder if we will get a nice key west set list tonight!!!!!

Sunlover any chance you will have the recording of this show for tomorrow? Heading up to New England for the weekend. If not no worries. Gotta head out tonight. Enjoy the show!!!

Fins up

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

He is playing the whole album of white sport coat!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!

Finally!!!!! Amazing

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

pretty cool tonight
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

jbfinscj wrote:pretty cool tonight

It's awesome!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the capture. Hearing my lovely lady was awesome!!!!! I wish this was all the shows. Full albums and great stories from Jimmy

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

jbfinscj wrote:pretty cool tonight
Aloha, cj. Glad for Deb and the rest who are there. Let's see what Jimmy brings.

SunLover
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture

Post by SunLover »

FinsUp6835 wrote:Wonder if we will get a nice key west set list tonight!!!!!

Sunlover any chance you will have the recording of this show for tomorrow? Heading up to New England for the weekend. If not no worries. Gotta head out tonight. Enjoy the show!!!

Fins up
I'm sure I won't have it up tonight. I have to filter out a continuous buzzing sound from this show and I want to make sure it still sounds okay. Sorry for any delays. I hope you understand I don't want to rush it and release a show that doesn't sound as good as possible.

surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

My faith in Jimmy Buffett, the musician
whose lyrics and storytelling
I fell in love with so many years ago
.... has been restored tonight.

► Red Rocks people - if you can get a date I'm working on it! small talk with Mac - "Congrats on the 8 time CMA! How big is that statue? and you have eight of them ... are they in the back of your Suburban?"
1. Great Filling Station Holdup
► "We're going to do the entire White Sport Coat and Pink Crustacean album. Our gift to you."
2. Cuban Crime of Passion
► "Okey Dokey. Musical history lesson. Two people were on the WSCandPC album and are still in the band. Michael Utley was "stolen" from Kris Kristofferson. The album was made in a day and a half. That's also where we were introduced to Mr. Doyle Grisham too. Today we're a happy group of musicians on this stage." (then a rambling tale of the Islander Drive-In Theater)
3. Grapefruit Juicy Fruit
► "Long live The Islander! After Sport Coat I went back to my bar gig .. then a guy from ABC called ... somehow I became the background music to the smuggling way of life. The statute of limitations is over, and I wanted to do a petty crime song. A sort of *Let;s Make a Deal Key West Style*. I was talked into going on the road .. to New York with a washboard player for a band. Now we have an 8 time CMA award winner on the stage!"
4. Peanut Butter Conspiracy
► "Was there a big party in Nashville after the CMA awards? (Mac: I had part of a margarita that night). Jimmy: We have a name for Mac when he does that .. we call him Johnny Spring Break. Jerry Jeff Walker brought me down here in a 1947 Packard. This is for Jerry Jeff."
5. Death of an Unpopular Poet
► "Thank you. I didn't screw it up. I remembered it. This show is not even close to being rehearsed. We're just having fun out here. I played a couple of gigs for Tennessee Williams by his pool one time. Then I moved to Nashville, This is a song from that period in my life. "
6. My Lovely Lady (slightly off key) wink emoticon
► "That's a first! Once I got my anchor in Key West, I needed to tour elsewhere, so I wound up in Nashville. I was able to head up to Chicago as an opening act. Jerry Jeff, heck .. even Neil Sedaka on his comeback tour. I wrote He Went To Paris about Eddie Balchowsky. But back to Neil Sedaka ... the audience looked like the Jersey Shore had come to Chicago. They booed me in my first set. I got a second hand set of clothes and slicked my hair back (when I had hair) for the second set and did Elvis Impersonators. I never told that story to a large audience before."
7. He Went To Paris
► "It's time for Carmen Miranda music tonight! This has always made me smile"
8. They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
► "This brings us to the very first song I wrote in Key West. November 1972. I woke up and didn't know where I was ... but that's okay 'cause I woke up with this lady and we got a bottle of wine and went to ride the Conch Train, in the back seat, facing backwards. So I went home and wrote this song"
9. I Have Found Me A Home
► "Well. I'm a little parched here. Rosé is a vegetable (sips wine). Jerry Jeff and I wrote this little song. The first person to ever cut one of my songs was ??? Then Waylon Jennings did it (I made about $35) but then Willie did it .... "
10. Railroad Lady
► "Ooooh ... that was tender! Thank you. Are you my Uber driver? Rolling right along to the religious part of the show. As you can tell, there was a lot of country in that first album. So I had to go down to Atlanta to play at The Bistro. Hotlanta was .... I was sitting in a bar in Atlanta listening to a business man talking with a lady ... country music is 3 chords and the truth .. so here's the truth. This became a huge juke box hit. The mafia controlled the juke boxes in those days. I never made a dime off of the juke box (and I wasn't going to ask ...)"
11. Why Don't We Get Drunk (and Screw)
► "3 chords and the truth! Did you hear that? 8 time CMA musician just yelled "Hell Yeah!" Are you having a part of a margarita again? Hey. So when someone asked me "Did you hear Bob Dylan did Pirate out in California?" I was like "whoa". I wrote this about Phil Clark, whose ashes are in an urn in a bar down the road, so if you want to stop by and say Hi to Phil ..."
12. A Pirate Looks At Forty
► "Thank you Phil! Well. Thanks again everybody! We're going to play a few more songs! (band intros) So, uh .. we just decided that Roger needed a break .... "
13. Margaritaville (sadly complete with that damn *saltsaltsalt* chant)
►"Scott! No. You don't get per diem, no. Where are we going now? We'd better go downtown for one."
14. Woman Going Crazy On Caroline Street
► "Thank you all! You are the people my parents ...."
15. We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About (w/ Twist and Shout from Nadirah)
► "Have a great weekend! Thank you! Have a great party!"
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |

chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

That was a setlist I've been waiting years to hear. Jimmy wasn't in the strongest voice, but I loved hearing the stories about old Key West in between the songs. [smilie=coolup.gif]

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

wow. Just wow.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

SunLover wrote:
FinsUp6835 wrote:Wonder if we will get a nice key west set list tonight!!!!!

Fins up
I'm sure I won't have it up tonight. I have to filter out a continuous buzzing sound from this show and I want to make sure it still sounds okay. Sorry for any delays. I hope you understand I don't want to rush it and release a show that doesn't sound as good as possible.

Of course. Take your time!!!

This set was amazing!!!!!

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Great stuff. :D
surfpirate wrote:My faith in Jimmy Buffett, the musician
whose lyrics and storytelling
I fell in love with so many years ago
.... has been restored tonight.

► Red Rocks people - if you can get a date I'm working on it! small talk with Mac - "Congrats on the 8 time CMA! How big is that statue? and you have eight of them ... are they in the back of your Suburban?"
1. Great Filling Station Holdup
► "We're going to do the entire White Sport Coat and Pink Crustacean album. Our gift to you."
2. Cuban Crime of Passion
► "Okey Dokey. Musical history lesson. Two people were on the WSCandPC album and are still in the band. Michael Utley was "stolen" from Kris Kristofferson. The album was made in a day and a half. That's also where we were introduced to Mr. Doyle Grisham too. Today we're a happy group of musicians on this stage." (then a rambling tale of the Islander Drive-In Theater)
3. Grapefruit Juicy Fruit
► "Long live The Islander! After Sport Coat I went back to my bar gig .. then a guy from ABC called ... somehow I became the background music to the smuggling way of life. The statute of limitations is over, and I wanted to do a petty crime song. A sort of *Let;s Make a Deal Key West Style*. I was talked into going on the road .. to New York with a washboard player for a band. Now we have an 8 time CMA award winner on the stage!"
4. Peanut Butter Conspiracy
► "Was there a big party in Nashville after the CMA awards? (Mac: I had part of a margarita that night). Jimmy: We have a name for Mac when he does that .. we call him Johnny Spring Break. Jerry Jeff Walker brought me down here in a 1947 Packard. This is for Jerry Jeff."
5. Death of an Unpopular Poet
► "Thank you. I didn't screw it up. I remembered it. This show is not even close to being rehearsed. We're just having fun out here. I played a couple of gigs for Tennessee Williams by his pool one time. Then I moved to Nashville, This is a song from that period in my life. "
6. My Lovely Lady (slightly off key) wink emoticon
► "That's a first! Once I got my anchor in Key West, I needed to tour elsewhere, so I wound up in Nashville. I was able to head up to Chicago as an opening act. Jerry Jeff, heck .. even Neil Sedaka on his comeback tour. I wrote He Went To Paris about Eddie Balchowsky. But back to Neil Sedaka ... the audience looked like the Jersey Shore had come to Chicago. They booed me in my first set. I got a second hand set of clothes and slicked my hair back (when I had hair) for the second set and did Elvis Impersonators. I never told that story to a large audience before."
7. He Went To Paris
► "It's time for Carmen Miranda music tonight! This has always made me smile"
8. They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
► "This brings us to the very first song I wrote in Key West. November 1972. I woke up and didn't know where I was ... but that's okay 'cause I woke up with this lady and we got a bottle of wine and went to ride the Conch Train, in the back seat, facing backwards. So I went home and wrote this song"
9. I Have Found Me A Home
► "Well. I'm a little parched here. Rosé is a vegetable (sips wine). Jerry Jeff and I wrote this little song. The first person to ever cut one of my songs was ??? Then Waylon Jennings did it (I made about $35) but then Willie did it .... "
10. Railroad Lady
► "Ooooh ... that was tender! Thank you. Are you my Uber driver? Rolling right along to the religious part of the show. As you can tell, there was a lot of country in that first album. So I had to go down to Atlanta to play at The Bistro. Hotlanta was .... I was sitting in a bar in Atlanta listening to a business man talking with a lady ... country music is 3 chords and the truth .. so here's the truth. This became a huge juke box hit. The mafia controlled the juke boxes in those days. I never made a dime off of the juke box (and I wasn't going to ask ...)"
11. Why Don't We Get Drunk (and Screw)
► "3 chords and the truth! Did you hear that? 8 time CMA musician just yelled "Hell Yeah!" Are you having a part of a margarita again? Hey. So when someone asked me "Did you hear Bob Dylan did Pirate out in California?" I was like "whoa". I wrote this about Phil Clark, whose ashes are in an urn in a bar down the road, so if you want to stop by and say Hi to Phil ..."
12. A Pirate Looks At Forty
► "Thank you Phil! Well. Thanks again everybody! We're going to play a few more songs! (band intros) So, uh .. we just decided that Roger needed a break .... "
13. Margaritaville (sadly complete with that damn *saltsaltsalt* chant)
►"Scott! No. You don't get per diem, no. Where are we going now? We'd better go downtown for one."
14. Woman Going Crazy On Caroline Street
► "Thank you all! You are the people my parents ...."
15. We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About (w/ Twist and Shout from Nadirah)
► "Have a great weekend! Thank you! Have a great party!"

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Saltx3 wrote:wow. Just wow.
[smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=giggle.gif]
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!