Stub Hub Customer Service Rocks!!!

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

st.somewhere
<font color=blue>spinnin'around in circles</font>
Favorite Buffett Song: Way to many to pick from...
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain'-n-Coke w/Lime

Stub Hub Customer Service Rocks!!!

Post by st.somewhere »

I wrote the below post a few days ago in the Ticket Buying section. Seems more appropriate to have it here, so I am adding it here as well. :wink:
=======================
I don't have any tickets to sell, nor do I need any, but I do have a feel good ticket buying story that I'd like to share... :D

About two weeks ago I was checking out StubHub looking for something "reasonable" (needed 3 tickets) in section 2. After a few consecutive days of looking, the cheapest I’d seen for 3 together was around $350 each. On the 4th day of checking I was quite surprised to find 3 seats together in Section 2, Row X for $200 each!!! I busted out the old Master Card as fast as I could and quickly snapped up the tickets. I was elated until I opened the FedEx envelope the following day to find the tickets were actually in section 6, and not section 2 as advertised. Naturally I was pretty bummed and even somewhat duped, but I called StubHub to see what they might do to make things right. I thought they might offer a slight discount off of the initial purchase, but they did much more than that! Long story short, they wound giving me 3 tickets in Section 2, Row M (12th Row!!!!) at no additional cost!!! Can you believe that??? I don’t know about you, but I think that's just amazing customer service and I wanted to share this story with other perspective ticket buyers! StubHub Rocks!!! 8) 8) 8) :P
looks@40
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Island.......The weather is Here.....
Number of Concerts: 19
Favorite Boat Drink: My world famous Margaritas

Re: Stub Hub Customer Service Rocks!!!

Post by looks@40 »

When you sell on StubHub you have to give them a valid credit card, and if for any reason you are unable to deliver EXACTLY what you advertise......you must authorize them to find comparable seats, and they charge YOU whatever they had to spend to get them. That's why people like StubHub.....your purchase is guaranteed !!!!!
"indecision may or may not be my problem"
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

Good to know!!
And GOOD FOR YOU! ENJOY!!
MacPhin
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything BUT Cheeseburger
Favorite Boat Drink: PainKiller

Post by MacPhin »

That's awesome....I'm so jealous
Image Image
JB on Anguilla 3/24/07 St.Barth's 11/7/09

Lately,newspaper mentioned cheap airfare.
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.
I'm close to bodily harm.
st.somewhere
<font color=blue>spinnin'around in circles</font>
Favorite Buffett Song: Way to many to pick from...
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain'-n-Coke w/Lime

Post by st.somewhere »

Looks@40, thanks for explaining that. I was wondering if the person who listed incorrectly was penalized. Glad to learn that he/she was! 8)

btw - The concert was AWESOME!!!! :D :D :D
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

I have to agree, they are very professional. I was given a full refund one time when a Buffett show was rescheduled due to a hurricane. There is a little more to this story, but way to many details to get into now.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

MassPirate40
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: All Of Them
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer,Rum,Margarita

Post by MassPirate40 »

I have a StubHub story. At the Mansfield Great Woods concert on 7 -19-2014 I had two tickets for lawn seats. When I got to the entrance to get in tickets scanned with an error. I was sent to the box office window and was told the tickets had been transferred to someone else. They also said the name on the tickets had been seen a number of times that night. These were e tickets through StubHub. They told me at the box office that they still had lawn tickets for sale, even though they were supposedly sold out. Anyway I didn't have the funds at that point to get any tickets. I immediately got on the phone with StubHub and I gave them my info and told them, what had happened. They looked for other tickets to replace the ones I had but did not have any to offer. So at that point I had missed getting into the show. I wasn't that upset because I have been before 7 times . What made it bad is I had my daughter with me and this was her first JB concert. She was ok after a little while but a little sad about it. Hard to explain to a child ! Through all of this I saw about ten to fifteen people that had gone through StubHub that had basically the same problems with tickets. At that point I hung around by the gates For a while and watched people leaving concert when it was just half over. Lol !! Which I still don't get why People go and pay big money for tickets only to leave before it's half done, but anyway I met people that never even had tickets and only came for the tailgate .They had seen Jimmy so many times they didn't care to go into show. I completely understand coming for the tailgate that is where all the fun is .The Show really is just the icing on the cake.When it was all said and done that is where we had the most fun anyway. Met some of the people from BN, Body Painter painted on my keets arm and that is all she talked about and still talks about. Truly great people throughout the day. Thank you Body Painter for the painting. In the end I did get a full refund for my tickets from StubHub , and as a bonus I also received a $50.00 StubHub credit for a future ticket purchase. Up till this point I have never had a problem getting tickets that worked from them. Lots of times I have been lucky to get them under face value and sometimes substantially under face value. JB was about double though of course lol. I have no problem getting tickets from them again maybe not for JB though. I'll take my chances with ticket master sale date next year so I'm sure to get in. Or Maybe just show up for the tailgate. Either way it will still be fun.
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

MassPirate40 wrote:I have a StubHub story. At the Mansfield Great Woods concert on 7 -19-2014 I had two tickets for lawn seats. When I got to the entrance to get in tickets scanned with an error. I was sent to the box office window and was told the tickets had been transferred to someone else. They also said the name on the tickets had been seen a number of times that night. These were e tickets through StubHub. They told me at the box office that they still had lawn tickets for sale, even though they were supposedly sold out. Anyway I didn't have the funds at that point to get any tickets. I immediately got on the phone with StubHub and I gave them my info and told them, what had happened. They looked for other tickets to replace the ones I had but did not have any to offer. So at that point I had missed getting into the show. I wasn't that upset because I have been before 7 times . What made it bad is I had my daughter with me and this was her first JB concert. She was ok after a little while but a little sad about it. Hard to explain to a child ! Through all of this I saw about ten to fifteen people that had gone through StubHub that had basically the same problems with tickets. At that point I hung around by the gates For a while and watched people leaving concert when it was just half over. Lol !! Which I still don't get why People go and pay big money for tickets only to leave before it's half done, but anyway I met people that never even had tickets and only came for the tailgate .They had seen Jimmy so many times they didn't care to go into show. I completely understand coming for the tailgate that is where all the fun is .The Show really is just the icing on the cake.When it was all said and done that is where we had the most fun anyway. Met some of the people from BN, Body Painter painted on my keets arm and that is all she talked about and still talks about. Truly great people throughout the day. Thank you Body Painter for the painting. In the end I did get a full refund for my tickets from StubHub , and as a bonus I also received a $50.00 StubHub credit for a future ticket purchase. Up till this point I have never had a problem getting tickets that worked from them. Lots of times I have been lucky to get them under face value and sometimes substantially under face value. JB was about double though of course lol. I have no problem getting tickets from them again maybe not for JB though. I'll take my chances with ticket master sale date next year so I'm sure to get in. Or Maybe just show up for the tailgate. Either way it will still be fun.

Given that there were loads of empty seats and days before the show stubhub had over a thousand tickets left, I find it really hard to believe they had nothing left. That really bothers me because right up until now all I've heard is good things about them making it right when someone uses them to scam someone else. Yes, you got your money back, but you missed the show, and it wasn't sold out. That really stinks, and sorry it happened to you.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
MassPirate40
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by MassPirate40 »

Yeah it does kind of stink I missed the concert but I was ok with it because I have the Video from Margaritaville Tv .So I did get to see it . I also have the audio from it as well. I knew that I would have those that night so I was ok . If it would of been my first concert I would have been a lot more upset. StubHub gave the reason that they didn't have access to tickets because of the time when I got them on phone. Well into concert by that point. That was their excuse anyway lol... crazy ! I know. . There was really quite a line at that window that night. Which really surprised me. From what they said at venue that particular name had came up before that night so it seems they ahd a bad seller doing it to multiple tickets.To be fair to StubHub ,it wasn't only their tickets that had problems. though there were About 15 from what I saw. Which I suppose isn't bad considering all the tickets they sell.Even though it shouldn't happen at all. My tailgate neighbors had tickets from them and no problems. It really comes down to the sellers that are listing the tickets,And how honest they are as well. I know that guy got nailed with the fees. There were people that paid $140 for lawn seat from Ace ticket had problems too. Ive already got ticket to one at Mohegan In October and those tickets were a few dollars below and better seats than what I could get now from ticket master fro that show. I guess they have another shot We'll see what happens then lol. I knew at least I wouldn't be out the money so that is a big plus with them. Sorry about the book I wrote just thought I"d explain more of story. :)
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

MassPirate40 wrote:Yeah it does kind of stink I missed the concert but I was ok with it because I have the Video from Margaritaville Tv .So I did get to see it . I also have the audio from it as well. I knew that I would have those that night so I was ok . If it would of been my first concert I would have been a lot more upset. StubHub gave the reason that they didn't have access to tickets because of the time when I got them on phone. Well into concert by that point. That was their excuse anyway lol... crazy ! I know. . There was really quite a line at that window that night. Which really surprised me. From what they said at venue that particular name had came up before that night so it seems they ahd a bad seller doing it to multiple tickets.To be fair to StubHub ,it wasn't only their tickets that had problems. though there were About 15 from what I saw. Which I suppose isn't bad considering all the tickets they sell.Even though it shouldn't happen at all. My tailgate neighbors had tickets from them and no problems. It really comes down to the sellers that are listing the tickets,And how honest they are as well. I know that guy got nailed with the fees. There were people that paid $140 for lawn seat from Ace ticket had problems too. Ive already got ticket to one at Mohegan In October and those tickets were a few dollars below and better seats than what I could get now from ticket master fro that show. I guess they have another shot We'll see what happens then lol. I knew at least I wouldn't be out the money so that is a big plus with them. Sorry about the book I wrote just thought I"d explain more of story. :)

What was the particular name that was selling the bad tickets?

Debbie
MassPirate40
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by MassPirate40 »

The name of the original purchaser of the e ticket was printed on it. I still have the download file I would have to look at it to get the name on it. I don't know if it would be a good idea to post the name here though.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

MassPirate40 wrote:The name of the original purchaser of the e ticket was printed on it. I still have the download file I would have to look at it to get the name on it. I don't know if it would be a good idea to post the name here though.

Send me a private message. :D

Debbie
MassPirate40
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by MassPirate40 »

dnw wrote:
MassPirate40 wrote:The name of the original purchaser of the e ticket was printed on it. I still have the download file I would have to look at it to get the name on it. I don't know if it would be a good idea to post the name here though.

I can do that.
MassPirate40
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by MassPirate40 »

MassPirate40 wrote:
dnw wrote:

I can do that.
PM sent
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Thanks! :D

Debbie
MassPirate40
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by MassPirate40 »

dnw wrote:Thanks! :D
no problem. I looked that name up online , and found a few people with it . funny cause it's not really a common one. In the end though it really didn't matter I guess.