Promises to purchase tickets

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

thelorax
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Challice
Number of Concerts: 6

Promises to purchase tickets

Post by thelorax »

:pirate: IF you make an agreement with another Buffett fan to purchase tickets, PLEASE do so or let them know in advance so that the extra tickets can been sold. Three people bailed on us on the day of the concert and we could not sell the tickets as we were told, by Blossom, it was scalping. They were lawn seats and being sold for FACE VALUE. Legally, if you are selling them at face value it IS NOT scalping. So we ate the cost of the tickets. Next time, we get the money up front. [smilie=asa.gif] Tried to give them away but it seemed everybody had some.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Re: Promises to purchase tickets

Post by RinglingRingling »

thelorax wrote::pirate: IF you make an agreement with another Buffett fan to purchase tickets, PLEASE do so or let them know in advance so that the extra tickets can been sold. Three people bailed on us on the day of the concert and we could not sell the tickets as we were told, by Blossom, it was scalping. They were lawn seats and being sold for FACE VALUE. Legally, if you are selling them at face value it IS NOT scalping. So we ate the cost of the tickets. Next time, we get the money up front. [smilie=asa.gif] Tried to give them away but it seemed everybody had some.
short of a death within three days of the concert, (preferably someone in your immediate family); if you ask someone to get you tickets to an event, you accept responsibility for the price of the tickets. Otherwise, that is a ycgfy situation, and if pressed, someone can arrange for the three day rule to be invoked then next time there is an event (just as an object lesson). Cold-hearted as I am, I don't eat the price of tickets for anyone, even my parents.
goreds2
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Day Dreamin'
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer then shot of Mango Rum

Post by goreds2 »

Yes, I think we all have had this issue in the past. Now, all my friends are in agreement. If a buddy gets mine, I have my bank mail him a check ASAP or vice versa.

My opinion, it is total disrespect to not pay for the ticket up front when a friend gets them for you.
I was there when the term "Parrot Head" was coined in 1985 at the Timberwolf Amphitheater in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I was Buffett when Buffett wasn't cool.
goreds2
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Day Dreamin'
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer then shot of Mango Rum

Post by goreds2 »

RinglingRingling wrote: July 24, 2011 12:35 pm
thelorax wrote::pirate: IF you make an agreement with another Buffett fan to purchase tickets, PLEASE do so or let them know in advance so that the extra tickets can been sold. Three people bailed on us on the day of the concert and we could not sell the tickets as we were told, by Blossom, it was scalping. They were lawn seats and being sold for FACE VALUE. Legally, if you are selling them at face value it IS NOT scalping. So we ate the cost of the tickets. Next time, we get the money up front. [smilie=asa.gif] Tried to give them away but it seemed everybody had some.
short of a death within three days of the concert, (preferably someone in your immediate family); if you ask someone to get you tickets to an event, you accept responsibility for the price of the tickets. Otherwise, that is a ycgfy situation, and if pressed, someone can arrange for the three day rule to be invoked then next time there is an event (just as an object lesson). Cold-hearted as I am, I don't eat the price of tickets for anyone, even my parents.
I thought of this thread again today. I order Reds tickets for 6/17/17 last week. I politely said I would like the money as soon as possible as i ordered 7. Today, they went out of their way to stop at my house and pay me. This is the way it should be for sure.
I have even better respect for my friends now. :)
I was there when the term "Parrot Head" was coined in 1985 at the Timberwolf Amphitheater in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I was Buffett when Buffett wasn't cool.