How Many More JB Concerts Will You Attend?

Polls about Jimmy, his music, etc

Moderator: SMLCHNG

How Many More JB Concerts Will You Attend?

I'm done attending live concerts.
2%
Still going, but not as much as before.
20%
I go to as many as I can afford in a year.
15%
Wish I could go to more each year.
13%
I'll be out there as long as Jimmy is.
50%

Total votes: 118

popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Re: How Many More JB Concerts Will You Attend?

Post by popcornjack »

drunkpirate66 wrote:I don't spend much time thinking that way about anything. I go. Then, one day, I won't.
You could have stopped at "I don't spend much time thinking." [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif]

I've been seeing him for 20 years. The good Lord willing and the crick don't rise, I'll be seeing him for another 20.
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

popcornjack wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:I don't spend much time thinking that way about anything. I go. Then, one day, I won't.
You could have stopped at "I don't spend much time thinking." [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif]

I've been seeing him for 20 years. The good Lord willing and the crick don't rise, I'll be seeing him for another 20.
you listened to to much WDRC when u lived in CT....Dan Lavallo use to close the Brad Davis show with that line every moring!!
popcornjack
Changing Channels

Post by popcornjack »

TommyBahama wrote:
popcornjack wrote:

you listened to to much WDRC when u lived in CT....Dan Lavallo use to close the Brad Davis show with that line every moring!!
Did not know that. I picked that up from a friend of mine who grew up in Western PA.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

popcornjack wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
popcornjack wrote:

Did not know that. I picked that up from a friend of mine who grew up in Western PA.
John Updike?

(yes, I know he lived in Shillington which isn't Western PA . . . )
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
popcornjack
Changing Channels

Post by popcornjack »

drunkpirate66 wrote:
popcornjack wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
popcornjack wrote:

John Updike?

Herman Wouk.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

popcornjack wrote:
drunkpirate66 wrote:
popcornjack wrote:
TommyBahama wrote:
popcornjack wrote:

John Updike?

Herman Wouk.
Sure it wasn't Edgar Allen Poe?
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I'll be in Frisco, TX next Saturday so I'm going to at least 1 more. Beyond that, who knows
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Last edited by LIPH on May 15, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Planning on hitting Frisco twice are ya, Larry?
ParrotHead67
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Who's The Blonde Stranger
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Haven't had a bad one yet
Location: Woke up dry beneath the African sky, just me and my Swiss Army Knife

Post by ParrotHead67 »

Vegas will be our 3rd concert. Living in the Great White North has its disadvantages. Costs us $2500 for the weekend but will try another show next year as well. Not sure how many JB has left in him before it's all over. :cry:
"I gotta go where it's warm!"
rmissbrook
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: The one I just heard
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Spiced Rum & Orange Juice

Post by rmissbrook »

"Good lord willing and the creek don't rise" was the way Tennessee Ernie Ford closed his TV show every week. Guess that tells you what generation I am from.

Chicago - June 28, 2014 (bringing 2 Buffett virgins!)

Hugs, Kay

Life is just a water ballet...

Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

For some reason this question reminds me of this vintage TV commercial:

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Saw him last in 2010 in St. Louis. Before that was 2004 in Vegas. Always hoping he'll come to Denver, cause traveling isn't always possible. Had a good run seeing him since 1996. But I do love seeing the other artists who are struggling, like he once did.
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

This will be only my 3rd concert ever. The more I get to know you guys, it does become more about the event, and just being able to let a bunch of crap go for a weekend. Since the set list isn't offering any surprises for the first 5 songs (or so), it is turning into a very long pee break. I am guessing that is why the concert only last 2 1/2 hours and the tailgating will last 9 hours. It is more like a family reunion..and family that you actually get along with :)
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

LIPH wrote:I'll be in Frisco, TX next Saturday so I'm going to at least 1 more. Beyond that, who knows
ditto. The good Lord willing...
Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

tigzoe wrote:This will be only my 3rd concert ever. The more I get to know you guys, it does become more about the event, and just being able to let a bunch of crap go for a weekend. Since the set list isn't offering any surprises for the first 5 songs (or so), it is turning into a very long pee break. I am guessing that is why the concert only last 2 1/2 hours and the tailgating will last 9 hours. It is more like a family reunion..and family that you actually get along with :)
So true about family. :wink: I do love the phamily reunions!!! I'll be going to as many as possible as long as JB keeps playing. :D :D
Barbara

Image Image
Bfan53again
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: "I Have Found Me a Home"
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark 'n Stormy

Post by Bfan53again »

As of today (May 15) almost one-fourth of responders seem to be cutting back on annual concert attendance.....interesting. :roll: :wink:
On most days I say: "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...."
Sometimes I can only say: "There is no dumbass vaccine......"

If something or someone gets you down, just remember: "In a hundred years it all won’t matter.........."
daddymention
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin' to Reason With Hurricane Season & Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Pizza Port Carlsbad- Poor Man's IPA & Zombies

Post by daddymention »

I will keep going as long as he's out there....1-2 shows a year since 1988.....it's still my favorite day of the year....it trumps Christmas, New Years, everything else...

I'm sure it will be over way too soon....I will enjoy it every year....we are lucky that he continues to do it year after year.....
1ST CONCERT: SAT. AUG 6, 1988 - PACIFIC AMPHITHEATRE, COSTA MESA, CA - LOGE 11 SEC 2 ROW U SEAT 42 $20.35
SHOWS: DAVID-31, STEFANIA-27, SHANE-11, EMMA KATE-7
PARROT HEAD SINCE 1984
C-Dawg
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: The list is long...
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: my next one....this one's empty

Post by C-Dawg »

Bfan53again wrote:At age 58 I must admit that I don't look forward to attending JB concerts as much as I used to. I kind of felt this last year and realize that the same thought is stronger this year.

For me, it's more sharing pre-concert time with friends now than the music. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy JB's shows, but I can't argue the point that if you've seen one, well, you've pretty much seen it all.....

How do you feel?
Sorry, I disagree..... standing on the lawn with Jack, Jon and Janice at the Tampa show, we were blown away with the setlist, and it seemed every other song we were commenting how it was the first time we were hearing this song live. Those are the moments at a show that you can't get from listening on RM. Sharing those rare gems Jimmy pulls out every once in a while with good friends, and experiencing the amazing musical talent of the Coral Reefer Band.
As long as Jimmy keeps playing, I'll keep going. There is NOTHING like good live music.
ImageImage

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

C-Dawg wrote:
Bfan53again wrote:At age 58 I must admit that I don't look forward to attending JB concerts as much as I used to. I kind of felt this last year and realize that the same thought is stronger this year.

For me, it's more sharing pre-concert time with friends now than the music. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy JB's shows, but I can't argue the point that if you've seen one, well, you've pretty much seen it all.....

How do you feel?
Sorry, I disagree..... standing on the lawn with Jack, Jon and Janice at the Tampa show, we were blown away with the setlist, and it seemed every other song we were commenting how it was the first time we were hearing this song live. Those are the moments at a show that you can't get from listening on RM. Sharing those rare gems Jimmy pulls out every once in a while with good friends, and experiencing the amazing musical talent of the Coral Reefer Band.
As long as Jimmy keeps playing, I'll keep going. There is NOTHING like good live music.
[smilie=thatworks.gif]

Well said, Sir.