5%
300 level (or equal)
No votes

Total votes: 65

Big Jimmy
User banned 30 days
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Big Jimmy »

Jollymom21 wrote:Maybe this has already been addressed in the past, but does anyone have any thoughts on the sitting/standing issue?

I'm one to want to stand and dance throughout the whole show, but find myself "worrying" about all the SYKBH fans behind me cause they all end up sitting during the songs they don't seem to know (which at Camden seemed like a lot). :-?

I want to enjoy myself at the concerts but also be considerate of others around me. What to do? What to do?

I like the seats due to one fact that when a song comes on that I can't stand to hear anymore... aka Margaritaville, A Pirate Looks at Forty, Son of A Son Of a Sailor, Volcano..... I can rest my crappy knees and pop a squat for a few

I AM AN AMERICAN
USA COMES FIRST
THE REST COME LAST

LEARN IT
LOVE IT
LONG LIVE THE USA OR DIE
popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Post by popcornjack »

Jollymom21 wrote:Maybe this has already been addressed in the past, but does anyone have any thoughts on the sitting/standing issue?

I'm one to want to stand and dance throughout the whole show, but find myself "worrying" about all the SYKBH fans behind me cause they all end up sitting during the songs they don't seem to know (which at Camden seemed like a lot). :-?

I want to enjoy myself at the concerts but also be considerate of others around me. What to do? What to do?
F*** 'em.
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.
Jollymom21
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Jollymom21 »

:o
popcornjack
Changing Channels
Favorite Buffett Song: Biloxi
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Dos Equis

Post by popcornjack »

I'm usually a nicer guy than that, but i didn't pay for their concert experience, I paid for mine. Yet another reason why I prefer the lawn.
Take me for what I am, a star newly emerging.
I accept the new found man, and I set the twilight reeling.
IrishPirate
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA and far to many to mention here
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: margaritas, pina coladas, 7&7

Post by IrishPirate »

That why I prefer the lawn also! But as long as I'm in the venue, I'm HAPPY!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wench:
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Never done the lawn, never will do the lawn. The closer the better, like the first row in Anguilla and the first row in Paris. At the regular shows, I've been as close as the 3rd row 3 times, in the first 10 rows probably a dozen times. I've also been as far away as the last row in the pavilion a couple of times and well, it's still a Buffett show.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Cobi0613
I Love the Now!

Post by Cobi0613 »

ejr wrote:Way too old for the lawn.

But put me anywhere else, and i will have a great time at the concert! I would love to be up close, but if that doesn't happen, I'll still enjoy a concert!
The Lawn has an age limit?
Cobi0613
I Love the Now!

Post by Cobi0613 »

Anyone who sits(without a good reason and I'm bored/tired isn't one) has no business being at a JB show IMO... :x
Cobi0613
I Love the Now!

Post by Cobi0613 »

LIPH wrote:Never done the lawn, never will do the lawn. The closer the better, like the first row in Anguilla and the first row in Paris. At the regular shows, I've been as close as the 3rd row 3 times, in the first 10 rows probably a dozen times. I've also been as far away as the last row in the pavilion a couple of times and well, it's still a Buffett show.
The eyesight's going as you get up in the years huh? :D :D
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

Bleacher Creature here.. as long as I am there.. 8)
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Cobi0613 wrote:
But put me anywhere else, and i will have a great time at the concert! I would love to be up close, but if that doesn't happen, I'll still enjoy a concert!
It does for some of us. :wink:
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

SMLCHNG wrote:
Cobi0613 wrote:
It does for some of us. :wink:
the Indoor lawn is a blast too.. 8)
dawgfan
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 52

Post by dawgfan »

The VIP deck in Anguilla :lol:

Never do the lawn again, after my wife and sister in law were knocked down twice @ Hi Fi Buys :evil:
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

dawgfan wrote:The VIP deck in Anguilla :lol:

Never do the lawn again, after my wife and sister in law were knocked down twice @ Hi Fi Buys :evil:
:( :(
Landshark Girl
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 34
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on the rocks with a salted rim

Post by Landshark Girl »

I'm a lawn person.

Not that I would turn down the chance to see Jimmy from the first few rows just for the experience, but I defintely wouldn't want to be in the back of the pavillion. I like to dance and run around way too much. I need lots of space.
Image Image Image
Pineapple Jack
Southeast of disorder

Post by Pineapple Jack »

I always get Pavilion seats but until Toronto always stood. That's because everyone else was standing (and the music made me do it). However, at the Toronto show a couple of weeks back, hardly anyone was standing (except the idiots in the row in front of us who insisted on leaving and returning to their seats at least a dozen times during the concert). I was uncomfortable standing when no one else was and knowing the people behind us were seated. Hell, they paid to see the show, too, so I didn't want to ruin their experience by blocking their view.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

dawgfan wrote:The VIP deck in Anguilla :lol:

Did whoever knocked them down not see you there? :o
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
12vmanRick
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by 12vmanRick »

I vote for the people in the parking lot!!

I hate the lawn at Lakewood, too steep.
rumdrinks
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: How can you pick just one ?
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: all of them

Post by rumdrinks »

Been in the second row and at various spots in the pavillion. Most times have been in the lawn. While the seats in the second row were awesome, (and trust me, I would take them again in a heartbeat) it seemed that there were a heck of a lot of people around us that obviously only knew M-ville and sat for a lot of the other songs. While that didn't take away from me standing and singing and enjoying the whole concert, it just didn't have the same feel as the lawn.
But the lawn has its obvious drawbacks also: distance from the stage, sound , and the drunken, stupid people that want to p*** in the crowd, start fights, etc.
So basically, what I'm trying to say is that I just want to be there. If I can afford the pavilion, I'll take them, if not, I'm in the lawn.
goreds2
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Day Dreamin'
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer then shot of Mango Rum

Re: Seating ?

Post by goreds2 »

A very old thread but great poll question. Love the lawn as you can get with friends who may have gotten their tickets at a different time. People watching? [smilie=grinz.gif]
I was there when the term "Parrot Head" was coined in 1985 at the Timberwolf Amphitheater in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I was Buffett when Buffett wasn't cool.