Re: Fenway 2018 (ugh)

Post by Fineas »

I'm betting on July 7. Just a feeling.
MonumentBeach
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by MonumentBeach »

There are pretty sound rumors that Pearl Jam will be at Fenway on September 2nd and 4th...so that could still leave the door open for JB on September 1st?
Ashes of laughter
The ghost is clear
Why do the best things always disappear?
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Fineas wrote: January 23, 2018 6:50 pm I'm betting on July 7. Just a feeling.
Red Sox are Home on the 9th , not enough time to tear down , and get the field ready in one day and if there is weather issues they would be screwed. I'd be shocked if they did the 7th. Sept 1st or June 16th are my guesses. But , also lets not be surprised if he does a Thursday night.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

I miss the days when Jimmy would release 90% of the tour in one announcement...
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

MonumentBeach wrote: January 23, 2018 7:15 pm There are pretty sound rumors that Pearl Jam will be at Fenway on September 2nd and 4th...so that could still leave the door open for JB on September 1st?
Reality now!! Just saw it posted for those dates.
Fineas
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by Fineas »

FinsUp6835 wrote: January 24, 2018 9:00 am I miss the days when Jimmy would release 90% of the tour in one announcement...
Agreed!
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I'd be surprised if he played at Fenway July 7th, as Tom said it's too close to the next Red Sox home game and that weekend is the defacto July 4th weekend.

Sept 1st seems more logical with the promo that he returns to the area for the Labor Day weekend show.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
andygradel75
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by andygradel75 »

FinsUp6835 wrote: January 24, 2018 9:00 am I miss the days when Jimmy would release 90% of the tour in one announcement...
Second that... Dribs and drabs of dates make it hard to plan out our summer...
Andy Gradel
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
Fineas
I have found me a home

Post by Fineas »

"The waiting is the hardest part"
~The late, great Tom Petty
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

Jimmy is sort of an outlier these days in how he announces tour dates. Remember the one year when he did a video announcing all the summer dates at once? He used Google Earth and would zoom in to each venue as it was announced. Ah well, all part of the fun really. Yeah, it does make it harder to plan to attend and around other stuff you've got going on but what are you gonna do?
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
micorbs
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: It changes with the tides. Right now, I am digging Holiday.
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita or Mojito

Post by micorbs »

A couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to see the best concert In my concert going career - Jimmy at the HOB and the worst, and it kills me to say this because I am a fan of his music - Billy Joel at Fenway. I have not seen very many at that dump, the other being Zac Brown which I really enjoyed. Billy Joel was a complete snoozefest and caused me to lose the zest for Fenway shows. I am holding out hope that Jimmy will swing the pendulum back in the other direction and prove that Fenway is OK for a concert. Fingers crossed!

Yes, I too would like a date announced so the rest of the summer plans can be made.
Fineas
I have found me a home

Post by Fineas »

Labor Day weekend rumor posted on the Alpine Reopening thread.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Fineas wrote: January 29, 2018 2:51 pm Labor Day weekend rumor posted on the Alpine Reopening thread.
July 13th announced for Wrigley Field.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Ugg. This opens up a real chance of a Friday, July 20th Fenway show. Foo Fighters are at Fenway 7/21 & 22 and it is the week of the all star game so plenty of time to get Fenway Park ready, the Sox don't play there again until the 26th. He almost never does one-off shows in the summer so there will be a few other dates added before/after the Wrigley show.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
sburrell42
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 32

Post by sburrell42 »

Buffett at Fenway :( What a disappointment
Fineas
I have found me a home

Post by Fineas »

TommyBahama wrote: January 30, 2018 9:26 am
Fineas wrote: January 29, 2018 2:51 pm Labor Day weekend rumor posted on the Alpine Reopening thread.
July 13th announced for Wrigley Field.
I think the Wrigley announcement pretty much puts Alpine out of the running for a show. Labor Day weekend may be back on the table.
fighterfoo
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 3

Post by fighterfoo »

A Fenway show would be disappointing on so many levels. No tailgating, no lawn seats, and the fees that Fenway charges for one ticket were more than my entire lawn ticket last year at Great Woods.

Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »

6/16 or 9/1 seem to make the most sense, however Luke Bryan just announced a Fenway show on 7/5. Fenway likes to have multiple concerts around the same time to cut production costs, so I wouldn’t be surprised if someone (possibly JB) plays a show there on 7/4 or 7/6. 7/7 might be too late for the grounds crew with a baseball game on 7/9, but JB seems to be playing more Fridays this year, and 4th of July could also be an option as well. Only time will tell!

Will really miss it being at Great Woods!
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

No chance they do a concert on July 4th, the city would never allow that to happen. With the fireworks and all day festivals at the near by the Esplanade that already bring in millions of people public transit and police are already at max capacity. When the Red Sox play at home on July 4th the city requires it be a day game. But I can def see Friday July 6th as an option now. Esp because he has a few dates at the end of June and the Wrigley show on the 13th so plugging in a few show in-between is a def possibility.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: January 31, 2018 3:21 pm No chance they do a concert on July 4th, the city would never allow that to happen. With the fireworks and all day festivals at the near by the Esplanade that already bring in millions of people public transit and police are already at max capacity. When the Red Sox play at home on July 4th the city requires it be a day game. But I can def see Friday July 6th as an option now. Esp because he has a few dates at the end of June and the Wrigley show on the 13th so plugging in a few show in-between is a def possibility.
Thay would cause a delema , James Taylor @ Tanglewood is July 4th. I'm surprised of the 5th date. The field for the Monday game will be in some rough shape.