Atlanta 2015

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Atlanta 2015

Post by C4Parrothead »

With some of the dates coming last week, there is a big hole in June. Would imagine Atlanta is in there somewhere (if not even before Houston). Any rumors about a possible date in Atlanta yet?
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Atlanta 2015

Post by dnw »

It could happen. :)

Debbie
bigredpirate
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: nautical wheelers
Number of Concerts: 43
Favorite Boat Drink: cold beer

Post by bigredpirate »

June 12th would work for me & then see Kenny Chesney on the 13th [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
ATLparrothead
I have found me a home

Post by ATLparrothead »

I'm hearing rumors that he is not coming to Lakewood again. Just hope he doesn't do Chastain again this year. Verizon might be good, at least it would be outside. Only time will tell....
"I wanna be where the green of the gulf meets the blue of the sea"
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

ATLparrothead wrote:I'm hearing rumors that he is not coming to Lakewood again. Just hope he doesn't do Chastain again this year. Verizon might be good, at least it would be outside. Only time will tell....
Heard the same. Imagine Chastin is the spot. He set the stage for that last year. Dates would be great.
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
tiger
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cuban Crime of Passion
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by tiger »

I really, really hope JB will be coming to Lakewood this year. For me, it is the perfect Atlanta location for his show. Full disclosure - I personally love Chastain as I've gone to many concerts there since the early 1980s. However, I was very much underwhelmed by the 'experience' at Chastain last year for the 2014 Buffett concert.
I don't think Jimmy is as good a 'fit' for Chastain as he is for Lakewood. The tailgating scene at Chastain is severely limited, parking is much more challenging, ticket prices are much higher overall, and the venue has about 15,000 less seats (and negligible lawn seating ) in capacity than Lakewood. Chastain lends itself to wine, cheese, candlelight, music and light conversation over a picnic dinner. The unique Buffett concert experience is something quite different from that.
I've seen Buffett at Philips Arena, Georgia Tech's Grant Field, Symphony Hall / Woodruff Arts Center, Chastain and multiple times at Lakewood over the past 30-35 years. For me, the Lakewood venue is the superior one in the Atlanta for a Buffett concert. Yes, any Buffett concert is better than no Buffett show, but Chastain is NOT the venue for Jimmy. If Lakewood is NOT chosen this year, I concur that Verizon Amphitheatre would be best second choice venue. Verizon does have a similar set-up seating wise, has ample lawn capacity, has a tailgating area - that though smaller - is workable.
I can't pronounce my r's or g's
When I'm speakin' Southernese
LonePalmDawg
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins, Lone Palm, The Weather is here...
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Capt. Morgan Silver with Mtn. Dew

Post by LonePalmDawg »

ATLparrothead wrote:I'm hearing rumors that he is not coming to Lakewood again. Just hope he doesn't do Chastain again this year. Verizon might be good, at least it would be outside. Only time will tell....
I was so p*** about Chastain last year. At least announce early enough that fans could go to an alternate city like Charlotte or Orange Beach and spend less money than Chastain tickets.
tiger
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cuban Crime of Passion
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by tiger »

Gwinnett Center Arena has posted on its website that Jimmy and the Coral Reefers will be playing at the Gwinnett Arena venue on Tuesday, June 2nd. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, March 6th at 10:00 AM. Ticket prices will range from $36 - $136.
Last edited by tiger on February 26, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can't pronounce my r's or g's
When I'm speakin' Southernese
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

It's now on Margaritaville.com Tickets on sale March 6.
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Post by spucketts »

Well, he wasn't selling out Lakewood and Chastain was way too pricey, so we get a smaller venue at the same price. Scalpers'll have a field day.
schof26
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Love and L
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by schof26 »

spucketts wrote:Well, he wasn't selling out Lakewood and Chastain was way too pricey, so we get a smaller venue at the same price. Scalpers'll have a field day.
That's what would make Alpharetta a great fit.

Is this the first time Jimmy is playing here? I'm curious what the lot and tailgating scene will be like.
spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Post by spucketts »

schof26 wrote:
spucketts wrote:Well, he wasn't selling out Lakewood and Chastain was way too pricey, so we get a smaller venue at the same price. Scalpers'll have a field day.
That's what would make Alpharetta a great fit.

Is this the first time Jimmy is playing here? I'm curious what the lot and tailgating scene will be like.
A poster on the Atlanta Parrothead Club facebook page who works at this facility says they can hold 13,000 in the concert seating format and their web site says they have parking for 5,000 vehicles. She also says that in the years she has worked there she has pushed for a JB concert so this'll be the first. This isn't that old of a facility. There are several hotels nearby and several food/bar and grills.
SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture

Post by SunLover »

I guess Jimmy is getting tired of being outside during the Hot-lanta summer. This venue is a bit better than Chastain. There is more parking and the best part is, parking is FREE!

Just wish it was on a Saturday. Ah, well...