Moderator: SMLCHNG

spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Re: Atlanta/Nashville 2014

Post by spucketts »

Mr. Buffett's entire business empire is based on one thing, fan loyalty and he knows that and speaks of it often. If it was simply based on the quality of his tequila, beer, clothing, food, music, performances, restaurants, etc he would have disappeared years ago. Does he or his management company owe the fans an explanation about the venue change? That's up to them but lacking an explanation allows for rampant speculation by the fans, they've through the years paid for that right.
ParrotHead67
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Who's The Blonde Stranger
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Haven't had a bad one yet
Location: Woke up dry beneath the African sky, just me and my Swiss Army Knife

Post by ParrotHead67 »

Jimmy should be able to play in any venue he chooses, after all, it's his business. He doesn't play in all the tiny little places he did back in the 70's. Should we b**** about that too? When he finally decides to retire, should we question his decision saying he owes us more concerts because the "loyal fans" made him a lot of money for his retirement? It's absurd. As for the ticket prices, I don't think he sets them. If it works the same way as some of the big country artists, the venue or a management company will pay Jimmy $750 000 (just a guess) to play at the venue, then they set the ticket price to try and make a profit. I don't know if it works the that way in Buffett's case but I'm assuming so.
"I gotta go where it's warm!"
Cuervo
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: ACE
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricanes

Post by Cuervo »

LIPH wrote:
ParrotHead67 wrote:As I said in a previous post, Yes, we all have paid good money for his concerts etc. but we did it voluntarily and got entertained in return. That's all he owes... entertainment in return for our money we voluntarily gave to him, not explanations. Why does Jimmy owe anyone anything? He's worked hard to get where he is and should be choosy at this time in his life. At 67, he could retire if he wants to. To me, everything he does now is a bonus. Yes it sucks but that's the way it is. You can look at it as he is where he is because of us but he is where he is because of his hard work and we enjoyed that hard work so we gave him money. Now it's paying off for him. If you don't like it don't go. He won't ask you for an explanation.
My feelings exactly. He owes fans one thing, and one thing only - when they lay down their money for a concert ticket, he should give us the best performance he can. That's it.

And for the people who are saying he owes his "loyal fans" a reason for the venue change, I would argue that the people who are willing to spend $280 for a ticket to this show are a hell of a lot more loyal than the "loyal fans" who have done nothing but b**** and moan since this show was announced.
8) Hope to see you at the show
"Loyal Fan" ;)
MOTM 2006
When did you get here?
Double shot of rum...
~~ Splash~~ of Coke,
4am, Green Parrot, I lost everyone....
The Curse continues

KaseywithaK
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice, Barometer Soup
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: OBP beer & Landshark

Post by KaseywithaK »

LIPH wrote: My feelings exactly. He owes fans one thing, and one thing only - when they lay down their money for a concert ticket, he should give us the best performance he can. That's it.

And for the people who are saying he owes his "loyal fans" a reason for the venue change, I would argue that the people who are willing to spend $280 for a ticket to this show are a hell of a lot more loyal than the "loyal fans" who have done nothing but b**** and moan since this show was announced.
Hell, I was tired of getting stuck with non-floor seats, that when he played in Nashville last year, floor seats went too fast that I resorted to TicketsNow & paid $260 for my floor seat ticket (cheapest out of all of the others, which ranged from $500 - $3,000). Actually debated buying the 2nd row seat for $500. Not really sure why I didn't, especially since the ticket was TicketMaster verified. =/
People who don't want to pay that much for a Buffett show can always take off work & travel to a different city.
Kasey w/ a "K""
tiger
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cuban Crime of Passion
Number of Concerts: 31

Post by tiger »

Update for Parrottheads looking for 'less expensive' tickets to the Atlanta show at Chastain Park- Ticketmaster has released some more seats in the Left and Right Terrace areas - in rows P and R on both sides. These are decent seats and are priced at $150 + fees = $182 total - still high, but $50 less than all the other surrounding seats available at this venue. This price point is slightly more, but very comparable to the seated areas when JB plays at Lakewood. You can go onto the Ticketmaster site and use the option to choose your own seats .
I can't pronounce my r's or g's
When I'm speakin' Southernese