Bristow, VA show

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

PHISHEAD
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: BEER

Post by PHISHEAD »

I got in right away only had enough money for 1 lawn got it right a 10. my brother was trying from college couldnt get in to get his 1 ticket. So I tried again at work got orch3 row k so we had to use his emergency credit card that our mom gave him. So were hoping he dosent get in trouble. we pulled this ticket up around 10:13 after that it was sold out.
Legalize It!!!!!
PhanPhromAngola
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 80
Favorite Boat Drink: Um, yes.

Post by PhanPhromAngola »

I'm really glad you posted the details about that, at least I know that I may have to do that next time. Strange that this is the first time I've ever encountered it. Congrats on the tix though, I'm doing all the shows during Buffett Week at the end of July so maybe this was my way of helping out others who can only go to Bristow...that's how I'm going to get over this by telling myself that anyways. :D
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Hockey Mon wrote:For those who did not get tickets, if you want to make yourself really mad, you can go here: http://search.ebay.com/buffet-tickets-v ... eNameZWD8B. Resist the urge to put your fist through your monitor.

What kills me is the people who can't even spell his name right.

Congrats to those who got tickets.
One pair of lawns already ended on Ebay. Went for $216 plus $15 shipping. I wish I could pay that much for lawns.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
goodtime_mo
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojo

Post by goodtime_mo »

My experience was about the same as everyone else's. Wait times kept jumping up and down and finally at 10:09, my six on the lawn popped up and all was well. Already got the time off and the hotel rooms reserved.
For those of you who got shut out, my apologies. I definitely know what that's like. And if you've noticed, Saturday, June 30 is WIDE OPEN. Could JB possibly add a second show for Nissan this year? We can hope!!! :P
Last edited by goodtime_mo on March 2, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
VA BEACH (97,16), BRISTOW (98-12, 15, 17,18, 21), NASHVILLE (99, 17), COLUMBIA, MD (00), GREENSBORO (01-02), RALEIGH (03), ANTIOCH, TN (03), CHULA VISTA (04), PHILADELPHIA (05), LAS VEGAS (06-16, 19), HOUSTON (07), ATLANTIC CITY (07), FRISCO, TX (08).
PHISHEAD
Southeast of disorder

Post by PHISHEAD »

We will be probably selling the pavilion once we get it in the mail so ill keep everyone posted when that happens. ORCH 3 row K
Legalize It!!!!!
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Oh... I stand corrected. There's another pair of lawns ending in 2 minutes that $255 plus $10 shipping.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

goodtime_mo wrote:My experience was about the same as everyone else's. Wait times kept jumping up and down and finally at 10:09, my six on the lawn popped up and all was well. Already got the time off and the hotel rooms reserved.
For those of you who got shut out, my apologies. I definitely know what that's like. And if you've noticed, no show has been announced for Saturday, June 30. Could JB possibly add a second show for Nissan this year? :P
I hope not because it will be the same thing all over again. I'd like to think he'd put two local shows on sale at the same time so everybody has double the chances.
tgif5pm
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitude Changes in Attitude
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Singapore Sling

ticketmaster shutout

Post by tgif5pm »

:cry: :cry: shut out again this year, too. There were 2 of us in the office on ticketmaster.com...we both got through..waited 10-15 minutes only to receive the dreaded message that we did not get tickets. We kept trying for another 10-15 minutes including calling ticketmaster - NOTHING!! I am now at the mercy of the internet scalpers...but I will be selective.

Anyone out there want to contact Dateline and ask for an investigation on how all the internet ticket sites get hundreds and thousands of tickets before they ever go on sale to the public? I asked the lady at ticketmaster and her only thought was that they "know someone". An ordinary parrothead doesn't have a chance. :cry: :cry:
Yesterday's over my shoulder . . . . . there's too much to see waiting in front of me . . . . .
CoronaMargaritahead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Swizzle / Mojito

Post by CoronaMargaritahead »

jimmy is playing Merriweather on June 30. I can wish can't I?
Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

Clintster7 wrote:I had to hit yes a million times I was like is there and auto yes button on this damn thing
Where you hitting Yes to the dialog box asking if you want to display secure and unsecure pages? What browser where you using. With IE 6.0, you can disable that.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...
PHISHEAD
Southeast of disorder

Post by PHISHEAD »

Dont use ie it sucks use firefox. Internet explorer is crap everyone should use fire fox I did. You wont have press yes at all
Legalize It!!!!!
CoronaMargaritahead
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason
Number of Concerts: 4
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Swizzle / Mojito

Post by CoronaMargaritahead »

PHISHEAD wrote:Dont use ie it sucks use firefox. Internet explorer is crap everyone should use fire fox I did. You wont have press yes at all
firefox is awesome, its much safer than IE
PHrobin
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by PHrobin »

Well, add my name to the list of those needing lawns! I was refreshing the TM page a couple minutes before 10:00 and TM locked me out saying the page had been refreshed too many times and they were trying to prevent the use of automated systems! Ugh! By the time I scrambled to another computer it was 10:02 and after waiting 10-15 minutes, no love. If anyone has tickets and can help me out, I would be forever in your debt...
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I'm starting to consider a road trip to Camden NJ if I can get tickets there if/when they go on sale. The 2.5 hour drive sounded crazy at first, but then I realized that with traffic it takes me that long to get to Nissan most years. Does anybody know about any typical major traffic problems around the Tweeter Center? I probably should be asking this in the Camden topic, but I'm looking to mope with the locals right now.
Clintster7
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: depends on mood
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and coke

Post by Clintster7 »

Go for it man. I'm three hours from nissan and thats the closest Jimmy will ever play to me again. He will never come to Va Beach again
rednekkPH
Party at the End of the World

Post by rednekkPH »

FunkHouse9 wrote: The 2.5 hour drive sounded crazy
If you only knew... :lol:
parrothd_mark
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Lattitudes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (what else?)

Post by parrothd_mark »

rednekkPH wrote:
FunkHouse9 wrote: The 2.5 hour drive sounded crazy
If you only knew... :lol:
You'd trade for that in a heartbeat, I take it :D ?
I don't know and I don't care.
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

RM just announced that Jimmy will be playing at Nissan and tickets go on sale today....Gosh, I'm glad they're on top of things! :roll:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
Fruitcake in Philly
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Fruitcake in Philly »

I got shut out buying tickets this morning as well. There were 3 of us, each trying. At first, I was a bit angry, since this is the second year in a row its happened. I swore I wasnt going to check ebay and stubhub, then I started worrying about not seeing Jimmy this year.

So, I went over to ebay, and my head started spinning at the prices. $300 for 2 lawnseats. Yikes. I just started going towards auctions that were ending in over 20 hours. There are PLENTY of tickets on there, with buy it now options, that are selling for much cheaper than what the actual auctions right now are going for. At one point this morning, I found lawn tickets (2 of them) that were listed for $110 I think.

So, I have my 4 lawn seats, and am counting down the days. Construction for the new and improved tiki bar starts this weekend.

As for a concert in Camden, I sure hope so. Can we say Road Trip? :D Funkhouse, if you truly want the dirt on traffic around Camden, send me a message. I just moved to northern VA from Philly in August. I can give you all the dirt on it.
THE WEATHER IS HERE, WISH YOU WERE BEAUTIFUL...
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

For those looking for tickets:

http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56994

For those planning on going to the show:

http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56986