The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by LIPH »

The 4 shows next month in the Carolinas are still on the schedule, the first one is 37 days from today. Does anybody think those shows are happening? I don't. People bought tickets well over a year ago. It's time to announce the cancellations or rescheduling for next year and refund everybody's money.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote: March 9, 2021 8:08 pm The 4 shows next month in the Carolinas are still on the schedule, the first one is 37 days from today. Does anybody think those shows are happening? I don't. People bought tickets well over a year ago. It's time to announce the cancellations or rescheduling for next year and refund everybody's money.
It would be absurd to think they are happening (although, and I’m not trying to be funny, Wrestlenamia tickets are going on sale for Tampa in April so major events are happening with fans). People who post on Buffett’s Twitter have been posting their pics of their tickets for the April shows asking if they are happening. While he is active in social media letting us know where he is in the world as a self proclaimed environmentalist in isolation (“car pool to work to save oil while I fly back and forth from Hawaii to Florida to surf unless I decide to fish in the Bahamas”) he can’t quite seem to find the time to inform them of whether or he intends to honor their hard earned money with a show or to respectfully cancel and then reschedule.

And for those who need it spelled out it’s not about what Buffett is doing in his private life . . . it’s Buffett not communicating his intent on a tour, as he still has considerable money from fans expecting a show or multiple shows, while he takes the time to post on social media about his private life. “Look at me surf . . . oh, not touring in April.” Or - “hey I know there has been some question as to whether or not I’m touring so I wanted to say I’m not sure what’s going to happen but I’m thinking about it at least.” How hard would that be?
Last edited by drunkpirate66 on March 9, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: March 9, 2021 4:28 pm I bought 0 copies. If it helps your count though I buy one. But you'll have to reimburse me.

Conversely I received 4 free CDs of Slack Tide, one CD for each ticket I purchased for the Great Woods, 2020 show. Three of the four CDs are still factory sealed and one day targeted for eBay.
That’s 9. I’ll send you a check.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

drunkpirate66 wrote: March 9, 2021 4:18 pm Standing firm at 8. A few more might land us a live show! Keep that vibe positive, BN.
:lol: I have one, and E has one. :D
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 9, 2021 9:27 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: March 9, 2021 4:18 pm Standing firm at 8. A few more might land us a live show! Keep that vibe positive, BN.
:lol: I have one, and E has one. :D
Well holy cow!

That’s 11 including Pat’s I’m buying for him. Which counts.

Double digits in one day. Keep this train chugging! If anything gets Jimmy on stage this year it’s this!

Jbfins - great idea. :D
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

I didn't buy one. Yet. Waiting for summer season to kick off.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

moog wrote: March 9, 2021 10:41 pm I didn't buy one. Yet. Waiting for summer season to kick off.
Yet?

That counts! We are at a dozen and growing. You know the wheels are turning in Jimmy’s head now.

And for all of you lurking who are embarrassed to admit they bought or own the yellow album . . . we’ve all done embarrassing things we regret. Heck, I once stood under a pink umbrella with a Manhattan lawyer and got smidge too rowdy on a man resting on a hammock. Actually, I regret none of that.

The point is we all need to step up and do our part. Be proud of that yellow album and let your voice be heard. Your yellow album might be the one that gets Jimmy on stage.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: March 9, 2021 10:52 am
jbfins wrote: March 9, 2021 9:44 am Does anyone know how many people bought "The Songs You Don't Know By Heart" album? I have been trying to find the information but can't. That single number will likely tell you how many people would actually consider buying tickets to a rescheduled Buffett show.
My college roommate and I both had it.

So at least 2.
You dummies - the post is about the new album, Songs You Don't Know By Heart". Not the yellow SYKBH album. :roll: :P :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: March 10, 2021 10:42 am
drunkpirate66 wrote: March 9, 2021 10:52 am
jbfins wrote: March 9, 2021 9:44 am Does anyone know how many people bought "The Songs You Don't Know By Heart" album? I have been trying to find the information but can't. That single number will likely tell you how many people would actually consider buying tickets to a rescheduled Buffett show.
My college roommate and I both had it.

So at least 2.
You dummies - the post is about the new album, Songs You Don't Know By Heart". Not the yellow SYKBH album. :roll: :P :lol:
Yes, I know that.

Stop ruining the fun.
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

I purchased the yellow album 1989. That and Off To See the Lizard were my kickoff to 31 years of Buffett.
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

People who post on Buffett’s Twitter have been posting their pics of their tickets for the April shows asking if they are happening. While he is active in social media letting us know where he is in the world as a self proclaimed environmentalist in isolation (“car pool to work to save oil while I fly back and forth from Hawaii to Florida to surf unless I decide to fish in the Bahamas”) he can’t quite seem to find the time to inform them of whether or he intends to honor their hard earned money with a show or to respectfully cancel and then reschedule.

And for those who need it spelled out it’s not about what Buffett is doing in his private life . . . it’s Buffett not communicating his intent on a tour, as he still has considerable money from fans expecting a show or multiple shows, while he takes the time to post on social media about his private life. “Look at me surf . . . oh, not touring in April.” Or - “hey I know there has been some question as to whether or not I’m touring so I wanted to say I’m not sure what’s going to happen but I’m thinking about it at least.” How hard would that be?
[/quote]

Awesome comments. I love the music. I look forward to visiting the lifestyle a couple of weeks a year. When I retire in 2 years I'll try to live it a bit. I'll bet though, it would be on a much smaller scale than he's living it.

I have no idea how the system works and many would say it's not up to him. I really wouldn't be shocked if he's standing around right now with no knowledge himself of what's happening. Maybe he notified the band to be on standby and ready to go or not go at any minute
However that does NOTHING to ease the fact that he has made ZERO commitment to helping out the common folk who might have to cancel a plane ticket or a hotel room

I'll bet if he opened a Margaritaville Cafe in ***** Saskatchewan he'd tell you about it. He'd probably send you a link where you can order from the gift shop

Ps. His t shirts s***. I have like 8 of them and there one more uncomfortable than the next
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

FWIW, on jimmybuffett.com the April 15th show is no longer listed. https://www.jimmybuffett.com/events . It is still listed on Margaritaville.com though https://www.margaritaville.com/tour-dates
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

moog wrote: March 10, 2021 11:08 am I purchased the yellow album 1989. That and Off To See the Lizard were my kickoff to 31 years of Buffett.
John Patti was the Fruitcake on the Radio today on RM. His 1st concert was for the Off To See the Lizzard tour...he was 8 years old...
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Just announced.

All April dates PPD. Three moved to 2022 and two completely cancelled

- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Thanks for the updates.

Debbie
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

The North Charleston show is my birthday. I guess I'll have to find another way to celebrate.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: March 6, 2021 3:58 pm Wall Street Journal - Concerts Were Wiped Out During Covid-19. Here’s When They Could Come Back.

Article highlights:

Live Nation the world’s largest concert promoter thinks it can begin staging outdoor amphitheater shows by midsummer. Jay Marciano, chief executive of rival AEG Presents, said he believes full-capacity club and theater shows will be possible this fall.

"A couple months ago I wasn’t sure if it was even remotely possible,” music manager Emily Lichter said of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre show that Lake Street Dive is slated to play at the end of September in Colorado. “Now I feel like, wow, that could happen.” The alternative pop group’s team is exploring whether it can use that show to kick off a fall tour at outdoor venues.

One challenge for the concert industry, said Brandon Ross, an analyst for LightShed Partners, is that restrictions and guidelines are likely to vary by location. Managers, agents and promoters say tours will likely route through more open markets like Texas and the southern U.S. before arriving in more restrictive coastal markets. They also have contingencies in place for breaking off or moving legs of tours.

Full article below.....

Fans could be back at concerts this summer.

Those new projections from music-business leaders are a relief for fans like Jorge Ramos, who has been using Google Docs to track the 20 concerts and four festivals—most postponed or canceled—he bought tickets for before and during the pandemic. The 24-year-old has faithfully held on to tickets for shows that were pushed to an unknown future date (like the Rolling Stones), or back a year (My Chemical Romance, Kiss).

The concert business is counting on avid fans like Mr. Ramos to spark a hoped-for restart this summer and fall after a long, painful pause. Industry executives, who are quick to note their business was among the first to shut down because of Covid-19 and likely among the last to come back, are cautiously plotting a gradual return to live shows as infections appear to subside and vaccination rates rise.

On Live Nation Entertainment Inc.’s LYV -1.46% earnings conference call Thursday, Chief Executive Michael Rapino told investors the world’s largest concert promoter thinks it can begin staging outdoor amphitheater shows by midsummer. Jay Marciano, chief executive of rival AEG Presents, said he believes full-capacity club and theater shows will be possible this fall. Live Nation, whose fourth-quarter revenue dropped 92% from the previous year, saw shares rise 2% this week through Tuesday to push its 30-day climb to nearly 30%.

The comments reflect growing optimism about the availability of vaccines across the U.S. On Tuesday, President Biden said he expects the country to have enough vaccines for all adults by the end of May. Meanwhile, there are moves by states such as Texas to reopen fully, dropping mask mandates and limits on gathering sizes.

Global revenue from concerts, on a tear before the pandemic, rose to $26.1 billion in 2019 before falling to $6.5 billion in 2020.

‘A couple months ago I wasn’t sure if it was even remotely possible. Now I feel like, wow, that could happen.’— Music manager Emily Lichter
“A couple months ago I wasn’t sure if it was even remotely possible,” music manager Emily Lichter said of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre show that Lake Street Dive is slated to play at the end of September in Colorado. “Now I feel like, wow, that could happen.” The alternative pop group’s team is exploring whether it can use that show to kick off a fall tour at outdoor venues.

Chris Tetzeli, partner at Denver-based artist management company 7S Management, said one of his acts spent months considering whether to scrap their 2021 dates. “This week we said, ‘Maybe we should hold on,’ ” he said. “We have more confidence that this will happen.”

Jeffrey Hasson, senior agent on United Talent Agency’s Nashville music-leadership team, said he is optimistic that outdoor tours can happen this summer.

President Biden said Tuesday that there will be enough vaccines available for all adults in the U.S. by the end of May, two months earlier than he had previously indicated, as Merck teams up to help Johnson & Johnson with vaccine production. Photo: Doug Mills/CNP via ZUMA
“As vaccine rollout and testing capacity increases, and it becomes more socially acceptable to do these things, we’ll start to see fall tours indoors as well,” said Mr. Hasson, whose roster includes Dashboard Confessional, Dayglow, Ruston Kelly and Jamey Johnson.

“Within the next month we’re going to see more and more things announced for summer and fall,” he added.

Live Nation said the outdoor amphitheater season could go later into the fall than usual. “We expect people will be willing to put on their puffers to enjoy some shows and make up for lost time,” Live Nation President Joe Berchtold said.

Artist teams, wary after postponing and rescheduling shows, say they won’t announce dates until they are certain they can go forward. Managers, agents and promoters say venues are booked and tour routing between them has been worked out, but the industry is waiting for clearance from authorities before making plans public.

“Pretty much every band we work with has a plan for this year,” said Mr. Tetzeli, whose firm manages 30 artists, including Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats and Mary Chapin Carpenter.

The wait-and-see approach likely means shorter windows for ticket sales, more like six to 12 weeks ahead of shows rather than five to six months, agents and promoters said. Fan demand for live events appears strong, with 83% opting to hold on to their tickets for rescheduled shows instead of taking refunds, according to Live Nation.

Last week, U.K. authorities said large music events there can resume beginning June 21. Live Nation said it sold 100,000 tickets for its August Reading and Leeds festivals in 72 hours; it sold out 70,000 tickets to its Creamfields festival in 48 hours.

WITH NO SUMMER CONCERTS, IT’S GARTH BROOKS AT THE DRIVE-IN

The industry has experimented with limited-capacity shows, creating socially distant pods for fans to watch from, as well as drive-in concerts during the pandemic. While creative, those were largely stopgap measures. Playing to partially filled venues doesn’t make financial sense long term.

“We don’t see that as a viable model to ramp back up,” Live Nation’s Mr. Rapino said of the partial-capacity shows. “We think we’re close enough, though, where we are with Covid and what all the governors in the states we’re talking to, that there will be a clear outline to a 75% to 100% outdoor green light in 2021.”

While socially distant shows might phase out, executives expect live-streaming to remain a component of concerts going forward.

“If you have a sold-out tour, artists will figure out how to capture that with streaming,” said UTA’s Mr. Hasson.

In addition to deeper cleaning protocols and ubiquitous hand-sanitizing stations, concertgoers can expect lots of touchless technology. Digital ticketing, contactless entry, and purchases of food, beverages and merchandise using mobile phones will be the new norms.

One challenge for the concert industry, said Brandon Ross, an analyst for LightShed Partners, is that restrictions and guidelines are likely to vary by location. Managers, agents and promoters say tours will likely route through more open markets like Texas and the southern U.S. before arriving in more restrictive coastal markets. They also have contingencies in place for breaking off or moving legs of tours.

Whether certain tickets will require proof of vaccination, a negative Covid-19 test or a mask might also vary by market, promoter and venue.

“Will I wear masks? Sure, I do it every day. However, I don’t really see why bands like Pearl Jam would tour while there are still mandates,” said Mr. Ramos, who lives in Austin and expects to see smaller, local acts back in concert before arena shows. “I really don’t see the live-music industry coming back until we all can go back to being extremely close to each other in the pit.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/concerts-w ... bvZTGyy_VM
Jim Koplick who is a Promoter here in CT. for Live Nation. He said July 1st. They are opening a small outside venue in Bridgeport , he was hoping for a June show.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: March 9, 2021 11:37 am
tropicalmindset wrote: March 9, 2021 11:33 am
I bought one. I have two other family members that also bought one each
Up to 5 and counting.
I didn't purchase, but I do have it downloaded for free on Spotify.
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

I have bought it as well, only I am in Australia and we only get a gig every 22.5 years so I suppose we don't count.

Although we ARE relatively covid free, so come on down Jimmy and the gang!
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Rabbitz wrote: March 12, 2021 1:08 am I have bought it as well, only I am in Australia and we only get a gig every 22.5 years so I suppose we don't count.

Although we ARE relatively covid free, so come on down Jimmy and the gang!
That is because you tried to kill him a few years ago with that slippery stage.