“Rescheduled” Buffett

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by Martyritaville »

MDShark70 wrote: March 31, 2021 9:51 am Refund from the canceled Columbia show was received yesterday. After 99 concerts that would have been my first in the front row. :cry:
Hope you get another shot at one! Front row (or even close up) at a Buffett show is like front row at your favorite pro sporting event (only better)- it's a different world down there!
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

drunkpirate66 wrote: April 1, 2021 7:19 pm
jbfins wrote: April 1, 2021 11:11 am The DJ on Radio Margaritaville just said that Jimmy is going to be playing 5 shows next month with a few band members. The shows will be broadcast on M'ville TV for a subscription price. If you buy the subscription you get a free night at any M'Ville property and a coupon for Coral Reefer products.
Looks like I bought a boat for nothing
Spewed coffee on the monitor on that one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

MDShark70 wrote: March 31, 2021 9:51 am Refund from the canceled Columbia show was received yesterday. After 99 concerts that would have been my first in the front row. :cry:
That sucks!!
Do you have tix yet for your next show (your 100th)? I know everything's up in the air for the tour but I would say go ahead & splurge/treat yourself for that front row ticket for your next show. Front row is truly a whole different ball game. I spent way more than I wanted to in 2019 for front row at the VA beach show BUT, he tossed me the flip flops so it made that ticket priceless!
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

I still have tickets for Charlotte, Raleigh, Jones Beach, Great Woods and Orlando. 2 of those have already been pushed back to next year and I'm not convinced the late summer leg of the tour is going to happen this year. None of those are anywhere near the front though.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

If it is a subscription concert, the cat is wearing a coconut bra and hula skirt.
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

lime rickie wrote: April 2, 2021 6:53 pm
WVParrothead wrote: April 2, 2021 5:34 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 2, 2021 5:20 pm Will be interesting to see the price for a virtual concert.
$20 for the ticket but after Housekeeping Fee, Recliner Fee, In-Home Convenience Fee, Parking(In your own driveway) Fee, Electricity Fee and Wi-Fi Fee it will end up coming to $50.
If I can get Housekeeping, Reclining, and In-home Convenience then I am good.
Who is overseeing the dead car/ live car setup?
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: April 5, 2021 4:28 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 2, 2021 6:53 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 2, 2021 5:20 pm Will be interesting to see the price for a virtual concert.
$20 for the ticket but after Housekeeping Fee, Recliner Fee, In-Home Convenience Fee, Parking(In your own driveway) Fee, Electricity Fee and Wi-Fi Fee it will end up coming to $50.
If I can get Housekeeping, Reclining, and In-home Convenience then I am good.
Who is overseeing the dead car/ live car setup?
Tonga?
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

The fees are from TicketBastard/Dead Nation.

The subscription wouldn't be through them, would it? I just assumed it would be through Margaritaville.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

lime rickie wrote: April 5, 2021 8:01 pm
The fees are from TicketBastard/Dead Nation.

The subscription wouldn't be through them, would it? I just assumed it would be through Margaritaville.
Who knows but I'll never pass up the chance for a Ticketmaster joke.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

It’s interesting to see college and professional sports teams travel from city to city with their families and the dozens of not hundreds of personnel required to facilitate playing the games and local and National media who attend as these teams are played in front of tens of thousands of fans night after night after night, most of whom, as I can tell watching on tv, are not wearing masks - yet the majority of big name touring bands are postponing to 2022.

Why?
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

drunkpirate66 wrote: April 11, 2021 10:18 am Why?
That's the million dollar question, Jon. None of this makes any sense. But (and I don't get why) every state/county/city across the country has different rules and such. :roll:
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: April 11, 2021 10:18 am It’s interesting to see college and professional sports teams travel from city to city with their families and the dozens of not hundreds of personnel required to facilitate playing the games and local and National media who attend as these teams are played in front of tens of thousands of fans night after night after night, most of whom, as I can tell watching on tv, are not wearing masks - yet the majority of big name touring bands are postponing to 2022.

Why?
They have the TV money. Most (other then Texas) are only playing to 12% to 25% of capacity. I don't think a concert venue, which rely solely on ticket sales could survive on filling a percentage with a venue. If they did, ticket prices would be sky-high. I work in a theater, the cost to put on a show is double of what the artist is asking.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

SMLCHNG wrote: April 11, 2021 10:43 pm
That's the million dollar question, Jon. None of this makes any sense. But (and I don't get why) every state/county/city across the country has different rules and such. :roll:
Last week alone from Boston to LA and all points north and south in the USA over a million people, total, went to a sporting event - college or pro.

If a band were to play two shows, just two, in a stadium that allows 25 k people and they charged 100$ a ticket that would be 5 million in ticket sales. By the time the crew and everything is paid for I would think each member of the band, roughly, would easily pocket about 250 K each. Not bad for about 3 hours of work.

Excluding guys like Chesney and Buffett, who don’t need the money, I’m sure there are some mid level bands who would love a 6 figure pay check for 3 hours of work.

And obviously they could make way more than that with more shows. What I described would be the bare minimum. There is money to be made.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

The House of Blues down here reopened last month. They've only had a few shows, less than 10, and they claim they're practicing social distancing. HoB is a general admission venue, how do you enforce social distancing in a place like that? People tend to move around, try to get close to the stage. Do they paint squares on the floor and make people stand inside them?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Sports teams have players who are under contract so they have to play the games and as mentioned the owners get TV and radio ad money. All states except Texas have capacity restrictions. Musical artist don't have contacts like professional athletes and it would be tough to do a tour when capacity restrictions vary from state to state. Too much production and money goes into the shows.

The Buffett Great Woods concert is about 4 months from this Wednesday. Very hard to imagine that show happening and if it does there will be no tailgating although that isn't stopping the Xfinity Center website from still selling RV and bus parking lost passes for the show at $150ea.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

The Milwaukee Brewers banned/announced there will be no tailgating prior to their home games. This lasted for ONE series...three games before they reneged.
How long before other MLB teams follow the Texans?!
I think things will start to open up quickly. Not sure if it'll be fast enough to salvage a summer concert season but I'm hopeful.
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: April 12, 2021 10:17 am
Last week alone from Boston to LA and all points north and south in the USA over a million people, total, went to a sporting event - college or pro.

If a band were to play two shows, just two, in a stadium that allows 25 k people and they charged 100$ a ticket that would be 5 million in ticket sales. By the time the crew and everything is paid for I would think each member of the band, roughly, would easily pocket about 250 K each. Not bad for about 3 hours of work.

Excluding guys like Chesney and Buffett, who don’t need the money, I’m sure there are some mid level bands who would love a 6 figure pay check for 3 hours of work.

And obviously they could make way more than that with more shows. What I described would be the bare minimum. There is money to be made.
If they stay at 12% capacity Gillette ( about 68,000 capacity) would be 8200 people. 25% is about 17,000 people. Buffett probably gets a million dollars per show. Other than the band you have the crew which is probably 100 people, between sound, lighting and other behind the scene people. Then there the cost of what the performers want in the dressing rooms per their riders. The venue'stake to pay staff, security and then town police and 1st responders to be on-site. Hotels and transportation for crew and staff. Unless bands are willing to take less money, and their demands are lowered. I don't see a band taking less. Imagine what a show like KISS would demand, and the cost of their stage production is?
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: April 12, 2021 7:49 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: April 12, 2021 10:17 am

If they stay at 12% capacity Gillette ( about 68,000 capacity) would be 8200 people. 25% is about 17,000 people. Buffett probably gets a million dollars per show. Other than the band you have the crew which is probably 100 people, between sound, lighting and other behind the scene people. Then there the cost of what the performers want in the dressing rooms per their riders. The venue'stake to pay staff, security and then town police and 1st responders to be on-site. Hotels and transportation for crew and staff. Unless bands are willing to take less money, and their demands are lowered. I don't see a band taking less. Imagine what a show like KISS would demand, and the cost of their stage production is?
Obviously KISS would need to play without the face paint. Duh.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: April 12, 2021 12:02 pm Sports teams have players who are under contract so they have to play the games and as mentioned the owners get TV and radio ad money. All states except Texas have capacity restrictions. Musical artist don't have contacts like professional athletes and it would be tough to do a tour when capacity restrictions vary from state to state. Too much production and money goes into the shows.

The Buffett Great Woods concert is about 4 months from this Wednesday. Very hard to imagine that show happening and if it does there will be no tailgating although that isn't stopping the Xfinity Center website from still selling RV and bus parking lost passes for the show at $150ea.
Wow!!! They really are. That’s crazy. If they actually believe they will be able to facilitate this that’s one thing but seems shady.

Motley Crue is 100% insisting they will be going out on tour starting in June in Nashville. They would be a stinky bag of farts to cancel this now.
MyTyGy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by MyTyGy »

France just announced they will allow tourists with vaccinations or negative tests. Has anyone heard if Jimmy has been double tapped yet?