lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: March 20, 2021 2:40 pm
BottleofRum wrote: March 20, 2021 2:02 pm Buffett to do a series of socially distanced “boat shows” across the Southern U.S. coast in 2021. It is sort of Buried in the article which is mostly about his passion for guitars.

https://acousticguitar.com/guitar-talk- ... GHHvDXCfPs
Great find!
Ditto, great read - thanks for sharing! :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Martyritaville »

lime rickie wrote: March 20, 2021 6:09 pm
BottleofRum wrote: March 20, 2021 2:02 pm Buffett to do a series of socially distanced “boat shows” across the Southern U.S. coast in 2021. It is sort of Buried in the article which is mostly about his passion for guitars.

Great find!
I'm with them - great find and thank you for sharing! :D
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: March 19, 2021 7:24 pm Tanglewood, in Lennox, MA announced today a limited summer concert series with an abbreviated six-week season that will run through Aug. 16. Tanglewod is similar to Great Woods in that they have a shed and a lawn section. Their rules for 2021.

*All concertgoers, staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks at all times, except when consuming food and beverage.
*Limit crowd density through physical distancing and reducing or eliminating gatherings in small spaces.
*Currently no plans to requiring proof of vaccination for entrance.
* Reduced capacity to meet state requirements.
Great Venue, used to go up to see JT on July 4th with, Meredith and Delaney. From what i hear his show is still on.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Martyritaville wrote: March 21, 2021 12:41 pm
lime rickie wrote: March 20, 2021 6:09 pm

Great find!
I'm with them - great find and thank you for sharing! :D
Curious to see if this happens . . . and if so, how?

I love the idea. But if JB is going to do this can you imagine how difficult crowd control would be? Have other artists done anything similar?
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by jbfins »

Chesney just cancelled all of his 2021 dates. They were all stadium shows and spread throughout the whole country, so I can understand how a show of that magnitude would be called off.

This boat show thing, if it actually happens, sounds interesting. It also sounds like it could be free! Could you imagine Buffett doing a bunch of free shows from a boat, just off shore and people attending from the beach? That is a show I would go to and I even have a perfect beach, on the shore of Long Island Sound, just a block away from my house.
"Some people never find it..."
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

In Western, MA they do a few boat shows a summer on the Conn River and the band is on a dock or a barge while the boats fill in around the area. These are not well known bands, more local type bands who are unknown outside the area so people don't flock from all over to see the shows. With most shows on a weekend summer afternoon they do draw a decent amount of boats though. They put speakers out in the river so the sound can be heard from a distance and might even broadcast it through a FM frequency. I am sure if he does boat shows it will be like this though, he and some/all the band on a secured dock attached to land or on an island while boaters can float up and anchor in the area.
Last edited by BottleofRum on March 22, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

HUH....very interesting
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Not that it matters, but Kenny postponed all his concerts to 2022.

Debbie
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: March 22, 2021 12:06 pm In Western, MA they do a few boat shows a summer on he Conn River and the band is on a dock or a barge while the boats fill in around the area. These are not well known bands, more local type bands who are unknown outside the area so people don't flock from all over to see the shows. With most shows on a weekend summer afternoon they do draw a decent amount of boats though. They put speakers out in the river so the sound can be heard from a distance and might even broadcast it through a FM frequency. I am sure if he does boat shows it will be like this though, he and some/all the band on a secured dock attached to land or on an island while boaters can float up and anchor in the area.
I’m just not able to realistically imagine the scenario you just described, as cool as it would be for Jimmy Buffett.

I mean, what if 5,000 boats show up? With an average of 5 people per boat. 25,000 drunken Parrot Heads on water during the last phase of a pandemic? Who would allow that? How would you police that?

It takes like 3 hours for Great Woods in Mansfield, MA to empty out after a show. Those are people in cars with numerous people directing them where to go with arrows and lanes of traffic AND a hiway right next to it.

Imagine thousands of boats all facing all different directions trying to leave after a 90 minute concert. It would be chaos.

I’m all for it!

Just can’t imagine it happening?

Anyone care to predict the location?
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

My guess, any boat show would be done in a private area, where they can regulate the number of boats. Like at a yacht club or a private boat docking area. Or in a particular harbor (no pun intended) that can be patrolled and have it managed so they can limit the boats coming in.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

drunkpirate66 wrote: March 22, 2021 1:52 pm Anyone care to predict the location?
Me?

I hope Sydney Harbour!

It's been done here before.

:D :D :D
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Rabbitz wrote: March 22, 2021 3:57 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: March 22, 2021 1:52 pm Anyone care to predict the location?
Me?

I hope Sydney Harbour!

It's been done here before.

:D :D :D
That would be so awesome.

Cool footage. Thank you.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

You can charter boats just about anywhere. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I love the idea of this boat show thing. I also understand that most big name bands, if not all of them, are announcing they won’t tour until 2022. But with this vaccine rollout, unless my math is way off, I’m thinking it should be perfectly safe to be “normal***” this summer.

*** I define normal as drinking with 20,000 strangers and like 10 good friends in random parking lots across the USA and sometimes elsewhere. I’m cool with wherever. Australia? Bring it on!!!

June? Maybe a smidge too early.
July? Safe? Looks like it. I mean . . . it legit looks like it.
August? Oh f*** yeah!!! Fins the f*** up, Jimmy. I’ll be on Nantucket Memorial Day weekend if you want to swing by Wauwinet to talk about it. 8) But Drunkpirate says all things look like a safe and normal party for all. Go for it man.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote: March 25, 2021 8:27 pm June? Maybe a smidge too early.
August? Oh f*** yeah!!! Fins the f*** up, Jimmy. I’ll be on Nantucket Memorial Day weekend if you want to swing by Wauwinet to talk about it. 8) But Drunkpirate says all things look like a safe and normal party for all. Go for it man.
The bald headed little geek already cancelled my birthday show at the North Charleston Coliseum. I may go Buffett-less for a second consecutive year.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote: March 25, 2021 8:52 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: March 25, 2021 8:27 pm June? Maybe a smidge too early.
The bald headed little geek already cancelled my birthday show at the North Charleston Coliseum. I may go Buffett-less for a second consecutive year.
I wouldn’t blame you. That geek owes us. I don’t think it’s too demanding to want a parking lot for a bikinis (on women- you have to be specific nowadays) and free alcohol followed by a concert with no covers and old school Buffett ballads. I really don’t. But he cancelled your birthday show. He’d be on my sh*t list too.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I've been to one Buffett show on my birthday, 21 years ago in Las Vegas. The North Charleston Coliseum is only 2 hours away and that's as close as he gets to playing here unless he shows up at either Margaritaville or the Landshark Bar & Grill.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote: March 25, 2021 9:15 pm I've been to one Buffett show on my birthday, 21 years ago in Las Vegas. The North Charleston Coliseum is only 2 hours away and that's as close as he gets to playing here unless he shows up at either Margaritaville or the Landshark Bar & Grill.
Been Never on my birthday, but a few of us with Feb. Birthdays did go to an Orlando show around our birthdates.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

I was supposed to go to Buffett concert on my birthday, September 27, 2003 at Irvine Meadows, outside of SD. I was flying out the day before the show.
A bunch of BNers were going and were going to stay at a house of another BNer who lived in SD. Two days before the show Buffett's mom died so he canceled the concert. Closest I've come to seeing him on my birthday.
I still have the unused ticket.