Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by lime rickie »

It's difficult to imagine how a future music scene might be, even outdoor. Some bar in FL was just closed due to a public outdoor event with hundreds of people, maskless, mingling, dancing. It sounds like hundreds of other places around the country. Some places hosted drive in style concerts but even that was inconsistent, e.g. required staying in cars, others allowed tailgating with an empty space in between.

Can you imagine the "dead car" logistics? :lol:

We're in a wait & see world. If venues can only host a quarter or half of capacity they will make it up in ticket prices. Same with the dive hotels we all stayed at - for the WEEKEND sometimes - they may jack up prices, too.

Can you imagine paying more for the Red Roof or Comfort Inn than we already were? :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: November 24, 2020 5:37 pm
lime rickie wrote: November 22, 2020 5:32 pm Jon always classes up the joint. :lol:
I’m great at dinner parties.
Reeeaaallly?! Hmmm :roll:
In that case, I nominate Nancy's house :lol:
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: November 24, 2020 6:12 pm It's difficult to imagine how a future music scene might be, even outdoor. Some bar in FL was just closed due to a public outdoor event with hundreds of people, maskless, mingling, dancing. It sounds like hundreds of other places around the country. Some places hosted drive in style concerts but even that was inconsistent, e.g. required staying in cars, others allowed tailgating with an empty space in between.

We're in a wait & see world. If venues can only host a quarter or half of capacity they will make it up in ticket prices. Same with the dive hotels we all stayed at - for the WEEKEND sometimes - they may jack up prices, too.

Can you imagine paying more for the Red Roof or Comfort Inn than we already were? :lol:
RR (GW) had already jacked up their prices to almost $200/night for this year, which I thought was ridiculous considering the 'accomodations'...
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

BottleofRum wrote: November 18, 2020 8:56 pm If shows are back in 2021 it is unlikely there will be much if any tailgating allowed. Ticketmaster already said only people who can show proof of a negative test or a vaccination can enter. So it seems very unlikely they'd allow tailgating any venue for any concert or event until the vaccine is more widespread which seems like will take until late summer. .
As the Grass Roots sang: "Sooner or later, Jimmy's concerts will be back.....it's just a question of when."

They will very likely return in some form at some point in 2021. Can't imagine a scenario where there aren't any shows at all until 2022, unless the vaccine proves to be totally ineffective. Enough people should have the vaccine by mid-2021 to where shows at 1/4 or 1/2 capacity venues should definitely be safe. If proof of vaccination is required upon entry to the parking area then tailgating could be allowed, although it would still be tough to regulate. If the checks aren't required until you enter the actual venue, then tailgating wouldn't be allowed.

Even if a very limited number of people actually attended his 2021 shows, it would still be more than worth it to have them come back. As long as they are streamed on RM and the audio is available to download here, that is good enough for me. Could care less if ticket prices/hotel room prices rise as a result of this- wouldn't want to actually attend a show during these times anyway, especially if masking is still required in order to attend this summer.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: November 24, 2020 7:48 pm
lime rickie wrote: November 24, 2020 6:12 pm It's difficult to imagine how a future music scene might be, even outdoor. Some bar in FL was just closed due to a public outdoor event with hundreds of people, maskless, mingling, dancing. It sounds like hundreds of other places around the country. Some places hosted drive in style concerts but even that was inconsistent, e.g. required staying in cars, others allowed tailgating with an empty space in between.

RR (GW) had already jacked up their prices to almost $200/night for this year, which I thought was ridiculous considering the 'accomodations'...
Believe it was Carolinadreamin/Linda who said they put their foot down and would not stay at that dump at those prices. :lol:

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

How did you land at Buffett News?

I had just moved to New England and didn't really know any Buffett fans. Stumbled on this site and lurked for awhile, this was around 2007/08 and when "Kimmy" married Mr. Rum Jumbie on the beach. I just loved it, the comments, comaraderie, photos, it was all just so fun and silly. Joined, found the GW crowd and stuck around.

This post about the Gods Own Drunk solo got me wondering, too - what is your hands down favorite live show moment? Not that Jon or Tommy said that this is it, but you know what I mean. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=101126&start=60

Mine is the GW show with the Into the Mystic cover (sorry, HOG! but I just love that song). It was so unexpected, and so sublime.

I guess these could be separate posts but I didn't want to be a click whore so I'm attaching it to Jon's thread. :P

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: January 9, 2021 6:54 pm How did you land at Buffett News?

what is your hands down favorite live show moment?

Mine is the GW show with the Into the Mystic cover (sorry, HOG! but I just love that song). It was so unexpected, and so sublime.
I worked with a girl who was a Buffett fan & went to my 1st show with her (at Bristow) in 2000 & I was hooked. That was back in the day when tickets were hard to get but I was ok with being in the lawn for quite a few years. I am still ok in the lawn but front row really spoiled me, see below 8)
Stumbled upon this site while trying to get 'early info' about show & on sale dates & loved the vibe here. Lurked for a year or so then the talk of ordering lanyards started. I wanted one so I joined.

Hands down being front row for the 1st (and so far only) time at the 2019 Va beach show & Jimmy tossing me his flip flops was my favorite moment!! However, swaying with you to Mystic/Free at GW is a very close second :wink:
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 10, 2021 9:36 am Hands down being front row for the 1st (and so far only) time at the 2019 Va beach show & Jimmy tossing me his flip flops was my favorite moment!!
Trying to remember if I was there for that one.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

lime rickie wrote: January 9, 2021 6:54 pm This post about the Gods Own Drunk solo got me wondering, too - what is your hands down favorite live show moment? Not that Jon or Tommy said that this is it, but you know what I mean. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=101126&start=60

I like Into The Mystic, it's one of my favorite Van Morrison songs. When Van Morrison sings it. Pairing it with a Zac Brown song ruins it, in my opinion. I'm not a Zac Brown fan.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

lime rickie wrote: November 24, 2020 6:12 pmIt's difficult to imagine how a future music scene might be, even outdoor. We're in a wait & see world.
"Hang on....Help is on its way (vaccine)....They're getting it ready as fast as they can...." -Little River Band
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

LIPH wrote: January 10, 2021 1:31 pmI like Into The Mystic, it's one of my favorite Van Morrison songs. When Van Morrison sings it. Pairing it with a Zac Brown song ruins it, in my opinion. I'm not a Zac Brown fan.
Huge Van Morrison fan in general, but Into the Mystic is actually not one of my top favorite songs in his catalogue. In my opinion, the two greatest songs on the Moondance album are And It Stoned Me and the title track Moondance. Into The Mystic definitely ranks behind those two for me.

Knee Deep itself is a great song but otherwise, I'm not much of a Zac Brown fan either. Buffett's covers of Knee Deep are much better than the ZBB studio version.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 10, 2021 9:36 am

what is your hands down favorite live show moment?

I worked with a girl who was a Buffett fan & went to my 1st show with her (at Bristow) in 2000 & I was hooked. That was back in the day when tickets were hard to get but I was ok with being in the lawn for quite a few years. I am still ok in the lawn but front row really spoiled me, see below 8)
Stumbled upon this site while trying to get 'early info' about show & on sale dates & loved the vibe here. Lurked for a year or so then the talk of ordering lanyards started. I wanted one so I joined.

Hands down being front row for the 1st (and so far only) time at the 2019 Va beach show & Jimmy tossing me his flip flops was my favorite moment!! However, swaying with you to Mystic/Free at GW is a very close second :wink:
I heard about BN in 2004 or 2005 from someone that I went to concerts with and told me about it. I think the conversation was about tickets and was told about the ticket exchange on BN. My 1st show was in 1992, i always liked him but never went to a show. I was playing baseball with a guy who went to a show every year at GW. So I went with him to a show , and the rest is history. So i have Dave for inviting me , and BN for all the friendships made all over the country.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

I had just moved to New England and didn't really know any Buffett fans. Stumbled on this site and lurked for awhile, this was around 2007/08 and when "Kimmy" married Mr. Rum Jumbie on the beach. I just loved it, the comments, comaraderie, photos, it was all just so fun and silly. Joined, found the GW crowd and stuck around.

This post about the Gods Own Drunk solo got me wondering, too - what is your hands down favorite live show moment? Not that Jon or Tommy said that this is it, but you know what I mean. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=101126&start=60

I guess these could be separate posts but I didn't want to be a click whore so I'm attaching it to Jon's thread. :P
I know someone else who plays/sings this song........
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Saltx3 wrote: January 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Does the name star with an L and end with unkhead?

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

lime rickie wrote: January 12, 2021 7:54 pm
Saltx3 wrote: January 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Does the name star with an L and end with unkhead?
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Andrea always requests this song when she visits.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
mcgeez8
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: the last line

Post by mcgeez8 »

FWIW Red Rocks released a full schedule of concerts for the 2021 season including the rescheduled Jimmy shows for September.
Alpine- 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2019, 2022
Chicago- 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017
Detroit- 2012, 2014
Indianapolis- 2010
Nashville- 2011, 2013
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I texted this to a few friends yesterday . . . I hope I’m wrong but the numbers just don’t look good for a Buffett tour this year. I like Biden’s plan and believe that 100 million people will be vaccinated by the beginning to Mid May in addition to the roughly 20 million Americans who have already received it. That’s great! But a 3rd of the country around May does not translate into Buffett touring this year.

At that pace (hopefully the rate of vaccination will increase by then) we’d be look at early fall by then time over 2/3rds of the country are vaccinated which I think would be the minimum percentage needed for major concert tours to resume.

Hopefully I’m wrong. But I think a mid to late fall maybe an early winter brief run of shows from Buffett is best case scenario at the time of this post. If I’m wrong, and I hope I am, I plan to be at several venues this summer.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: January 22, 2021 6:35 pm I texted this to a few friends yesterday . . . I hope I’m wrong but the numbers just don’t look good for a Buffett tour this year. I like Biden’s plan and believe that 100 million people will be vaccinated by the beginning to Mid May in addition to the roughly 20 million Americans who have already received it. That’s great! But a 3rd of the country around May does not translate into Buffett touring this year.

At that pace (hopefully the rate of vaccination will increase by then) we’d be look at early fall by then time over 2/3rds of the country are vaccinated which I think would be the minimum percentage needed for major concert tours to resume.

Hopefully I’m wrong. But I think a mid to late fall maybe an early winter brief run of shows from Buffett is best case scenario at the time of this post. If I’m wrong, and I hope I am, I plan to be at several venues this summer.
Hope you're wrong too (1st time ever?, lol) & I'll see ya at a tailgate THIS SUMMER
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 22, 2021 8:34 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: January 22, 2021 6:35 pm I texted this to a few friends yesterday . . . I hope I’m wrong but the numbers just don’t look good for a Buffett tour this year. I like Biden’s plan and believe that 100 million people will be vaccinated by the beginning to Mid May in addition to the roughly 20 million Americans who have already received it. That’s great! But a 3rd of the country around May does not translate into Buffett touring this year.

Hope you're wrong too (1st time ever?, lol) & I'll see ya at a tailgate THIS SUMMER
Hey . . . I hope so. And if this rate continues to improve like on this graph https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/dail ... gion=World it could legit happen.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: January 24, 2021 11:09 am Hey . . . I hope so. And if this rate continues to improve like on this graph https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/dail ... gion=World it could legit happen.
Can I hold ya to that? :lol:
I just wanna go back to some sort of normalcy...