Moderator: SMLCHNG

Covingtonfire
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Any mixed drink

Cincinnati 2020

Post by Covingtonfire »

Looking like it will be Tuesday July 14th Cincinnati. He always comes on Tuesdays . He knows it will be a sell out. Where the parrot heads began .
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Re: Cincinnati 2020

Post by Finzup16 »

My first ever Jimmy Buffett show was at Riverbend in 2001. I drove 12 hours from New York for the show. Honestly I was turned on to Jimmy by accident. We knew a bunch of the music but........ Well....... We arrived at 630pm in jeans and figured we gram a beer inside.
Welp... I've made that trip 2 other times and would like to do it once more before it all ends

PS. I act differently now
Luckyone
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Luckyone »

I am counting on Sat. the 18th. Its on turn to get a Sat. again
finzfan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One particular harbor
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Manhattan / Margarita too

Post by finzfan »

Hope you are correct Lucky One, it was a blast a few years back, but there too, they're all a blast.
nckodo
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 21

Post by nckodo »

Booked weekend hotels in Cincy and Milwaukee (Alpine) just in case.
Can only do the Saturday regardless of where it is.
nckodo
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 21

Post by nckodo »

CONFIRMED 7/14
Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band will make their return to Riverbend Music Center this summer.

Parrotheads should get their gear ready for the concert on July 14 at 8 p.m.

Tickets for the “Slack Tide Tour 2020” go on sale Fri January 17 at 10 a.m.

“Summer fun in Cincinnati doesn’t begin until Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band come to town,” Executive Director Mike Smith said. “Riverbend Music Center is proud to welcome back its top selling artist of all time for what we expect to be another unforgettable performance. You won’t want to miss this party."

Tickets range from $150 for reserved seating and $37 for lawn seating. There is a limit of six tickets per person. Tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.com
finzfan
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One particular harbor
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Manhattan / Margarita too

Post by finzfan »

The 14th will be the best day EVER!!!!!!
New experiences, new friends, what more could you ask for?
Plus the concert to top it off........
Luckyone
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Luckyone »

I wish it was a Saturday - but any day is Buffett Day
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Luckyone wrote: January 10, 2020 2:50 pm I wish it was a Saturday - but any day is Buffett Day
Yes it is!
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
finz83
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After(every now and then)
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by finz83 »

Does anyone else find it odd Cincinnati tickets didn’t sell out when they went on sale yesterday? I was trying to get pavilion, Ticketmaster was acting up, with only 1 or 2 sporadic seats available in the pavilion, but I needed 6, I ended up with lawn at 10:10am. This morning I looked to see resale price and there are still lawn available and pavilion which looked sold out yesterday. I am not sure what happened. We got pavilion today, but now I have lawn seats to sell, which I won’t be able to sell at face value until the regular lawn tickets are sold out on ticketmaster.

I have been to Cincinnati several times, it usually is a quick sell out. Is it because it’s a Tuesday this year? Surprised regardless and looking forward to July.
My whole world lies waiting behind DOOR #3! In the meantime, I am just sippin' on a margarita.........
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

finz83 wrote: January 18, 2020 7:24 pm Does anyone else find it odd Cincinnati tickets didn’t sell out when they went on sale yesterday? I was trying to get pavilion, Ticketmaster was acting up, with only 1 or 2 sporadic seats available in the pavilion, but I needed 6, I ended up with lawn at 10:10am. This morning I looked to see resale price and there are still lawn available and pavilion which looked sold out yesterday. I am not sure what happened. We got pavilion today, but now I have lawn seats to sell, which I won’t be able to sell at face value until the regular lawn tickets are sold out on ticketmaster.

I have been to Cincinnati several times, it usually is a quick sell out. Is it because it’s a Tuesday this year? Surprised regardless and looking forward to July.
For whatever reason, I'm not sure Ticketmaster/Live Nation releases all of the tickets at once when a show first goes on sale. It seems they sometimes do it in waves, where a bunch of seats will release at 10am, a good chunk will get sold, then another wave of tickets shows up, etc.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
Boatdrunk....
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 100

Post by Boatdrunk.... »

Yes, Ticketmaster was acting strangely Friday. It seemed like prices for Ticketmaster tickets (not resale) were changing according to demand. Also, I agree the availability for seats was dynamic too. It should be noted that there are plenty of tickets for any of the shows that went on sale on Friday and have previously been on sale....other than Boston.

As we have stated on this forum in the past, the demand across the country hasn't been what it used to be...…..part of this is due to the high ticket cost for good seats, although you have to commend Jimmy for not raising ticket prices over the years, pavilion seats have been around $150 for the past 10-12 years which in the beginning was one of the highest concert prices, most of the other acts have increased or exceeded their prices to compare to this, but just recently in the past few years.....another observation is the general trend in the industry for tickets to go on sale 9 months or longer to the actual concert date. Other than this year, Jimmy has traditionally released summer concert dates in the February, March, April timeframe and by the time that the concerts go on sale, many people have already used up their concert budget on other earlier released acts....……..

Just my observations!
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Luckyone
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Luckyone »

By show time it will be sold out. Cincinnati always does - just a little slower than it used to be.
Covingtonfire
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Margaritaville
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Any mixed drink

Post by Covingtonfire »

Boatdrunk.... wrote: January 19, 2020 1:13 pm Yes, Ticketmaster was acting strangely Friday. It seemed like prices for Ticketmaster tickets (not resale) were changing according to demand. Also, I agree the availability for seats was dynamic too. It should be noted that there are plenty of tickets for any of the shows that went on sale on Friday and have previously been on sale....other than Boston.

As we have stated on this forum in the past, the demand across the country hasn't been what it used to be...…..part of this is due to the high ticket cost for good seats, although you have to commend Jimmy for not raising ticket prices over the years, pavilion seats have been around $150 for the past 10-12 years which in the beginning was one of the highest concert prices, most of the other acts have increased or exceeded their prices to compare to this, but just recently in the past few years.....another observation is the general trend in the industry for tickets to go on sale 9 months or longer to the actual concert date. Other than this year, Jimmy has traditionally released summer concert dates in the February, March, April timeframe and by the time that the concerts go on sale, many people have already used up their concert budget on other earlier released acts....……..

Just my observations!
I agree majority of the bands are putting out their tours by the end of January. A few years ago Buffett put out his Cincinnati concert date sometime in early March for July. Well I already had my hotel book in Florida for that week so I could not go . Bummer!!!!