1997 - Stumpo El Bando

Archive of past shows with comments. Visit the Set List Database Archive for more shows
phjim
BN Webmaster
BN Webmaster
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita

1997 - Stumpo El Bando

Post by phjim »

<b>Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
Stumpo El Bando</b>
(Havana Daydreamin' Tour)

Copyright 1997 - Do not copy or reproduce with the express written permission of BuffettNews.com

During the Havana Daydreamin' Tour two lucky Parrot Heads were selected from the crowd to go up on-stage and STUMPO EL BANDO. The contestants are seated at a private table complete with a waiter serving Coronas. They try to pick out an old Buffett tune which Jimmy and the Coral Reefer Band would not be able to remember over the years. Each contestant gets an autographed copy of Boats, Beaches, Bars, & Ballads.

Congrats to Nancy Nutile-McMenemy the president and founder of the Frozen Fins (a Parrot Heads in Paradise Club in Vermont) for winning the grand prize, a trip to Key West on New Year's Eve. Nancy stumped them with Reggae Accident at the Aug 27th show in Hartford, CT.

Nancy's reaction to being the big winner: "The stars must have been aligned properly Sunday, October 26 because somehow Jimmy picked my name as the winner. I got the call from Slice October 27. The trip includes round trip air, four nights at the Eden House, reservations for Margaritaville's New Year's Eve Party, all food and drinks at Margaritaville and $500 spending money. The excitement doesn't end there folks, Jimmy actually called my house to congratulate me!! I wasn't home but he did leave a message on my answering machine! He said he liked my answering machine (I play "Pirate Looks at Forty" in the backgound) and that's a song he does know! He also said he still couldn't remember the words to "Reggae Accident".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>STUMPO EL BANDO - Viva Buffett !!!

STUMPO EL BANDO - Viva Buffett !!!
Date Location Venue Songs Requested
6/11 Virginia Beach, VA Amphitheatre Steamer(got), Brahma Fear(got)
6/13 Manassas, VA Nissan Pavallion Peanut Butter Conspiracy(got), Woman Going Crazy on Caroline Street(got)
6/14 Manassas, VA Nissan Pavallion Ellis Dee(stumpo), Something So Feminine About a Mandoline (stumpo)
6/16 Raleigh, NC Walnut Creek Brahma Fear(got), England(stumpo)
6/17 Raleigh, NC Walnut Creek This Hotel Room(got), Ace(got)
6/20 Tinley Park, IL The World Drunken 15 Year Old Girlfriend(got), Dallas(got)
6/21 Tinley Park, IL The World Great Filling Station Holdup(got), Abandoned On Tuesday(stumpo)
6/24 Cleveland, OH Blossom Music Center Same Boat(stumpo), Don't Bring Me Candy(got)
6/25 Noblesville, IN Deer Creek The Wino And I Know(got), Hello Texas(stumpo)
6/27 Noblesville, IN Deer Creek Countin' the Cows Ev'ry Day(stumpo), Take It Back(got)
6/28 East Troy, WI Alpine Valley Truckstop Salvation(stumpo), The Christian(got)
7/2 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center God Don't Own A Car(got), Captain America(got)
7/3 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center Beyond The End(stumpo), Perrier Blues(stumpo)
7/5 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre The Perfect Partner(stumpo), God's Own Drunk(got)
7/6 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre Dreamsicle(got), 10,000 Seats and 1 Bathroom - Fingers Vocals(got)
8/8 Columbus, OH Polaris Amphitheatre L'Air de la Lousianne(got), If I'm Gonna Eat Somebody, It Might As Well Be You (stumpo)
8/9 Clarkston, MI Pine Knob Rockefeller Square(stumpo), Train to Dixieland (got)
8/12 Camden, NJ Sony My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, and I Don't Love Jesus(got), Cliches (stumpo)
8/13 Camden, NJ Sony West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown (got), Richard Frost (stumpo)
8/15 Pittsburgh, PA Star Lake Migration (got), God's Own Drunk (got) -- the guy actually tried Tampico Trauma but Jimmy gave him a second chance
8/16 Pittsburgh, PA Star Lake No Stumpo El Bando - because of the rain
8/20 Wantaugh, NY Jones Beach No Stumpo El Bando -- because of the rain
8/22 Columbia, MD Merriweather When the Coast is Clear (got), The Last Line (got)
8/23 Columbia, MD Merriweather I Don't Know, Spicoli's Theme (stumpo), Kick It In Second Wind (stumpo)
8/27 Hartford, CN The Meadows Reggae Accident (stumpo), The Missionary (got)
8/28 Mansfield, MA Great Woods Left Me With a Nail to Drive (got), Morris' Nightmare (got)
8/30 Mansfield, MA Great Woods Fool Button (stumpo), Lip Service (got)
8/31 Mansfield, MA Great Woods Come to the Moon (stumpo), Burn that Bridge (stumpo)
10/17 Los Angles, CA Los Angles, CA Bigger than the Both of Us (stumpo), Elvis Imitators (got)
10/18 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Happiness Alone (stumpo), Turnabout (got)
10/21 Phoenix, AZ Desert Sky Pavillion Bypass this Heart (stumpo), High Cumberland Jubilee/Comin' Down Slow (stumpo)
10/23 Mtn. View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre Ringling, Ringling (got) & Death Valley Lives(got)
10/25 Irvine, CA Irvine Amphitheatre Prince of Tides (stumpo), Tennese Christmas - Requested / Christmas in the Caribean (got)
10/26 Irvine, CA Irvine Amphitheatre If I Could Just Get It On Paper (stumpo), Defying Gravity (stumpo - missed on purpose)
2/6 West Palm Beach, FL Coral Sky Tin Cup Chalice (got), Railroad Lady (stumpo)
2/7 West Palm Beach, Fl Coral Sky That's What Living is to Me (stumpo)
Last edited by phjim on March 11, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El mojito
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by El mojito »

I don't think i can make this 1 :(
"Life is just a tire swing" for Sophie
ImageImage