Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

tamiami
Favorite Buffett Song: Beer in Mexico
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: tequila, salt, lemon

Who's going to Toronto 07.13.19?

Post by tamiami »

Got my presale tickets today...now who is going and where are the gatherings :lol:
JePH
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Trip Around the Sun
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Island Lime Tequila on the rocks

Re: Who's going to Toronto 07.13.19?

Post by JePH »

Section 201, Row ZZ, Seats 51&52.
Pre-concert details will be posted on our Club website as they become arranged; http://maplereefers.ning.com

JePH
Don't want to go through Detroit City,
Customs there they hassle me!
cdnkeywest
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 16

Post by cdnkeywest »

Sec 201 Row ZZ

Cannot wait for the show! Love the venue at Budweiser Stage (fka: Molson Amphitheater).
Toronto (x7)
Las Vegas (x3)
Tampa Bay (x2)
Orlando (x2)
New York (x1)
New Orleans (x1)
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

Holy crap. Went on Facebook presale today just for fun and pulled up a front row seat for face value($192, no platinum markup). That's a first. Guess I'm going to Toronto!

102-A-12
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

WVParrothead wrote: February 7, 2019 10:30 am Holy crap. Went on Facebook presale today just for fun and pulled up a front row seat for face value($192, no platinum markup). That's a first. Guess I'm going to Toronto!

102-A-12
That's amazing!
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

WVParrothead wrote: February 7, 2019 10:30 am Holy crap. Went on Facebook presale today just for fun and pulled up a front row seat for face value($192, no platinum markup). That's a first. Guess I'm going to Toronto!

102-A-12

[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Debbie
Littleskatersmom
Southeast of disorder

Post by Littleskatersmom »

Had resigned myself to attending the Detroit show. Found this show yesterday, bought tickets today. I'm from the Washington DC area (don't even think we have a show announced yet), so I'm curious, does he sell out in Toronto? My kid goes to school in Ontario, and none of her friends have a clue who Buffett is, I'm going so that she doesn't have to go alone.
tamiami
Favorite Buffett Song: Beer in Mexico
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: tequila, salt, lemon

Post by tamiami »

102-A-12
WOW!!!!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

102-A-12
Nice! [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

cdnkeywest
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 16

Post by cdnkeywest »

Littleskatersmom wrote: February 7, 2019 8:18 pm Had resigned myself to attending the Detroit show. Found this show yesterday, bought tickets today. I'm from the Washington DC area (don't even think we have a show announced yet), so I'm curious, does he sell out in Toronto? My kid goes to school in Ontario, and none of her friends have a clue who Buffett is, I'm going so that she doesn't have to go alone.
Been to just about every Toronto show at that venue - Sections in the 100's, 200's and 300's generally sellout or are close to it (as they are covered - in case of rain/snow :) ). Sections in the 400's and lawns you take your chances with the weather so generally there are always seats/spots available right up to show day. I have sat in most areas of the venue (lawns can be fun but one year it rained like crazy and was cool/cold and ended up covered in mud and sick for 2 days after).

Personally I like either front row in the 200's sections or the back row in the 200's sections (got these this year)! If the weather is co-operative it is an amazing atmosphere for a concert (right on Lake Ontario)!
Toronto (x7)
Las Vegas (x3)
Tampa Bay (x2)
Orlando (x2)
New York (x1)
New Orleans (x1)
Littleskatersmom
Southeast of disorder

Is there any option for tailgating? Trying to work out the logistics for this. Sadly, concert attendance down here (DC - Jiffy Lube Live) has dropped off, since they stopped the tailgating. We used to have a blast, arrive at noon, party our asses off, continue the party on the lawn. May just fly in the morning of the show, and fly home the next day.
JePH
Southeast of disorder

Post by JePH »

Littleskatersmom wrote: February 15, 2019 10:39 am Is there any option for tailgating? Trying to work out the logistics for this. Sadly, concert attendance down here (DC - Jiffy Lube Live) has dropped off, since they stopped the tailgating. We used to have a blast, arrive at noon, party our asses off, continue the party on the lawn. May just fly in the morning of the show, and fly home the next day.
The Honda Indy is that same weekend, and basically on the same grounds which will make access & parking difficult. Any parking is typically in "public areas", so no traditional tailgating although many still do and as long as you keep things discreet & civil they usually don't hassle people.
On the map here at the bottom legend where it has "Trackside Suites" is about where the Budweiser Stage is located.
http://hondaindy.com/festival/festivalmap
Keep an eye on the link I posted above earlier to see what the Toronto Maple Reefers Parrothead Club plans. We had a good event concert day afternoon 2 years ago. Charlie Imes played, Landshark folks were there and we had a shuttle bus to the concert.
BTW, where in Ontario is your daughter going to school? And, it sounds like she needs better friends! :D

JePH
Littleskatersmom
Southeast of disorder

She goes to Western, and is part of Margaritaville University. She's trying to spread the love! Would it just make sense to taxi/uber from the hotel? Would it really hard to get out of there afterward though? Will definitely keep an eye out for gatherings. Looking at that map, it seems getting to the show could be next to impossible? I remember a couple of years ago trying to get downtown during some Caribbean festival, and Lakeshore was ridiculous, maybe even closed? I live MAYBE 2 miles from washington dc, and I try to never go downtown, I'm a suburb mouse. TO intimidates me.
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

Littleskatersmom wrote: February 16, 2019 10:05 pm She goes to Western, and is part of Margaritaville University. She's trying to spread the love! Would it just make sense to taxi/uber from the hotel? Would it really hard to get out of there afterward though? Will definitely keep an eye out for gatherings. Looking at that map, it seems getting to the show could be next to impossible? I remember a couple of years ago trying to get downtown during some Caribbean festival, and Lakeshore was ridiculous, maybe even closed? I live MAYBE 2 miles from washington dc, and I try to never go downtown, I'm a suburb mouse. TO intimidates me.
When I did the Toronto show in 2017, I just stayed at the Sheraton downtown and Ubered to the venue and back. They have a dedicated area outside the venue for Uber pickups which is nice, although traffic still sucked getting out.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

With that being said, definitely check out what the Maple Reefers are doing as far as pre-concert parties.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
JePH
Southeast of disorder

Post by JePH »

Littleskatersmom wrote: February 16, 2019 10:05 pm She goes to Western, and is part of Margaritaville University. She's trying to spread the love! Would it just make sense to taxi/uber from the hotel? Would it really hard to get out of there afterward though? Will definitely keep an eye out for gatherings. Looking at that map, it seems getting to the show could be next to impossible? I remember a couple of years ago trying to get downtown during some Caribbean festival, and Lakeshore was ridiculous, maybe even closed? I live MAYBE 2 miles from washington dc, and I try to never go downtown, I'm a suburb mouse. TO intimidates me.
A friend of mine runs a limo service and just let me know that during the Indy each year he won't drive into drop off concert goers at the venue. He drops them off in the Liberty Village area on the north side of the site for them to walk in on Strachan Ave.
Here's the link to traffic / parking to Budweiser Stage (Ontario Place grounds).
https://www.facebook.com/notes/budweise ... 671867601/
Since she goes to Western University, perhaps your daughter can reach out to the London Club. https://www.londonparrotheadclub.com/
Topfuel1
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate turns fourty
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by Topfuel1 »

With Honda Indy going on I don't know if the parking lot at the budwieser stage will be open as they use the lakeshore Blvd as the straightaway for the race. Best to call and see what they say. Too bad as they have been letting us tailgate for the last few years when Jimmy comes to town.
Northern Harbour (Jimmy Buffett tribute band) are playing a pre concert party @ The Rec Room which is located by the CN Tower in the old train roundhouse.
The Maple Reefers are most likely doing a pre party @ the Poulson Pier bar again but check there website to make sure. Fins Up
Topfuel1
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate turns fourty
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by Topfuel1 »

Sorry but the Maple Reefers pre party might be at The Keaton Channel pub. NOT the poulson pier stupid me. Sorry for the confusion long day, I need to get me a landshark
Littleskatersmom
Southeast of disorder

Trying to figure out the logistics for this one. Hope you guys can help. Coming into Toronto Friday night, staying out by the airport. Trying to decide if I'm going to stay in the same hotel Saturday night and just uber/taxi to (and from) the show. From what I can tell, this is a pretty pricey option? I can stay at the Westin downtown for the same rate, which I'm guessing would be a cheaper taxi ride to and from the show? With this race thing going on, is it going to be a pain to get into downtown? I always use Lake Shore (instead of Gardiner), but that doesn't sound like an option? Just as it sounds like driving to the show might be a bigger pain than taking a taxi? How hard is it going to be to leave the show using a taxi or uber? I've never been to this venue before.
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

Littleskatersmom wrote: July 5, 2019 8:33 am Trying to figure out the logistics for this one. Hope you guys can help. Coming into Toronto Friday night, staying out by the airport. Trying to decide if I'm going to stay in the same hotel Saturday night and just uber/taxi to (and from) the show. From what I can tell, this is a pretty pricey option? I can stay at the Westin downtown for the same rate, which I'm guessing would be a cheaper taxi ride to and from the show? With this race thing going on, is it going to be a pain to get into downtown? I always use Lake Shore (instead of Gardiner), but that doesn't sound like an option? Just as it sounds like driving to the show might be a bigger pain than taking a taxi? How hard is it going to be to leave the show using a taxi or uber? I've never been to this venue before.
I've only been to this venue once(2017) but I stayed downtown(Sheraton Centre) and Ubered to the venue and back.

The Uber there was easy, the Uber back did take a little while but they did have a specific area roped off for Uber pickups.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)