Moderator: SMLCHNG

Captain Parrot Head
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Southern Cross & Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita & DT Coke w/ Mango Tequila

Re: Who's going to Cincy July 21??

Post by Captain Parrot Head »

joemerchant41041 wrote:Hello All!!! Our group is staying at Hampton Inn Eastgate and plan on coming down early to take in the tailgate. Captain--doubt that we will eat but might hang out with the group if that's ok...There will be 3 of us coming down probably early afternoon. Sounds like you guys will be easy to find :pirate:
Sounds good, come by anytime
It's 5 O'clock somewhere and I'm 15 minutes late
ImageImage
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

RinglingRingling wrote:
citcat wrote:
PartofthePhlock wrote:
citcat wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
citcat wrote::cry: I am sick at heart. [smilie=cwl.gif] We won't be able to make it to Cinci this year. Unbelievable. [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] But Gary's knee is still healing, he can't walk more than down the driveway without hurting. So we will miss the pre-party, the tailgate, the concert but more importantly seeing and hugging all our Cinci friends. Not to mention Tom and Pam's food !!! ugh I'm not happy about this. AT ALL !!! But there's next year.
Everybody have a LOT of fun and post pictures on this thread !!! Even videos, especially if somebody does something crazy (which is highly likely).
[smilie=hearts.gif] to ya'll....

dammit. and this year was going to be good. really good. I am sorry to hear about Gary's knee.
And I bet you have some good rum to share and some great stories we'll miss, too. [smilie=cwl.gif]
What? What? Citcat Your not coming to Cincy?! You're bumming me out!

Where am I going to stow my pants? My cooler? I can't do this without you Citcat!

we will miss you both. Gary, git better quick.
I'll miss you ALL but we'll be back next year !!! I hope it isn't too hot for ya'll this year. Have FUN and somebody do something really crazy so I can maybe see a video of it ! :lol: :lol:
I don't think it will be 98 and humidity to match this year

86 and about 80% humidity in the forecast right now. Bring extra deodorant.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
PartofthePhlock
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on the day and time.
Number of Concerts: 67

Post by PartofthePhlock »

Martyritaville wrote:
PartofthePhlock wrote:
citcat wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
citcat wrote::cry: I am sick at heart. [smilie=cwl.gif] We won't be able to make it to Cinci this year. Unbelievable. [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] But Gary's knee is still healing, he can't walk more than down the driveway without hurting. So we will miss the pre-party, the tailgate, the concert but more importantly seeing and hugging all our Cinci friends. Not to mention Tom and Pam's food !!! ugh I'm not happy about this. AT ALL !!! But there's next year.
Everybody have a LOT of fun and post pictures on this thread !!! Even videos, especially if somebody does something crazy (which is highly likely).
[smilie=hearts.gif] to ya'll....

dammit. and this year was going to be good. really good. I am sorry to hear about Gary's knee.
And I bet you have some good rum to share and some great stories we'll miss, too. [smilie=cwl.gif]
What? What? Your not coming to Cincy?! You're bumming me out!

Where am I going to stow my pants? My cooler? I can't do this without you Citcat!

we will miss you both. Gary, git better quick.
Maybe you'll have to keep your pants on for a change? :wink: :lol:
Say WHAT! [smilie=whistle.gif]
Captain Parrot Head
Gypsies in the palace

I will be picking up food tomorrow so anybody on the fence, JUMP OFF, lets paaaarty. I always buy a little extra anyway for any stragglers. Shaping up to be a great time. I have about 1/2 the trailer loaded, BTW our tailgate trailer is not going to be done in time, so I rented one. It is a white double axle enclosed trailer. On the Sides of it is a big " RENT ME Stearnes rentals and sales" It will be easy to spot. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
ImageImage
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Captain Parrot Head wrote:I will be picking up food tomorrow so anybody on the fence, JUMP OFF, lets paaaarty. I always buy a little extra anyway for any stragglers. Shaping up to be a great time. I have about 1/2 the trailer loaded, BTW our tailgate trailer is not going to be done in time, so I rented one. It is a white double axle enclosed trailer. On the Sides of it is a big " RENT ME Stearnes rentals and sales" It will be easy to spot. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
wooohooo :)
PartofthePhlock
At the Bama Breeze

For you peeps staying in Eastgate Rt 32. (Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, Fairfield Inn etc) be prepared for a lot of construction and traffic tie-ups. Off ramps to Rt 32 are no longer progressive ramps. But instead traffic lights. The traffic lights cause traffic tie-ups during peak travel hours. The construction all over the place makes travel confusing.

Stay safe in your travels Phins Up!
Captain Parrot Head
Gypsies in the palace

PartofthePhlock wrote:For you peeps staying in Eastgate Rt 32. (Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, Fairfield Inn etc) be prepared for a lot of construction and traffic tie-ups. Off ramps to Rt 32 are no longer progressive ramps. But instead traffic lights. The traffic lights cause traffic tie-ups during peak travel hours. The construction all over the place makes travel confusing.

Oh GREAT :( Thanks for the info though :D
ImageImage
parrotthd4evr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, Pina Colada

Post by parrotthd4evr »

We will be coming from Covington. What is the best way to approach the tailgating areas. We are thinking we will head over around 8.
PartofthePhlock
At the Bama Breeze

Captain Parrot Head wrote:
PartofthePhlock wrote:For you peeps staying in Eastgate Rt 32. (Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, Fairfield Inn etc) be prepared for a lot of construction and traffic tie-ups. Off ramps to Rt 32 are no longer progressive ramps. But instead traffic lights. The traffic lights cause traffic tie-ups during peak travel hours. The construction all over the place makes travel confusing.

No problem. Eastgate BLvd bridge over 32 is down to 1 lane each direction and can take up to 30 minutes to cross anytime after 10am and longer during rush hour on workdays.

A great place to get beer, wine and eats is Jungle Jim's International Market http://www.junglejims.com/beerwine/ There is special entrance on the Walmart side of the market. They have a beer and wine tasting bar.
PartofthePhlock
At the Bama Breeze

parrotthd4evr wrote:We will be coming from Covington. What is the best way to approach the tailgating areas. We are thinking we will head over around 8.

471 to I-275 north (you will bare left onto I275) as you come down the hill get in your right lane there will be signs for Coney & Riverbend. take the first exit on your right after you come over the bridge. Turn Right onto Kellogg Rd. You will see a traffic light at the entrance to Coney, tailgating is in the two lots on the left at that light.

Your coming in from Quad Cities! Are you a member of Quad City's parrot head club? Oh my gosh have I had fun with the peeps from that club.
parrotthd4evr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, Pina Colada

Post by parrotthd4evr »

PartofthePhlock wrote:
parrotthd4evr wrote:We will be coming from Covington. What is the best way to approach the tailgating areas. We are thinking we will head over around 8.

471 to I-275 north (you will bare left onto I275) as you come down the hill get in your right lane there will be signs for Coney & Riverbend. take the first exit on your right after you come over the bridge. Turn Right onto Kellogg Rd. You will see a traffic light at the entrance to Coney, tailgating is in the two lots on the left at that light.

Your coming in from Quad Cities! Are you a member of Quad City's parrot head club? Oh my gosh have I had fun with the peeps from that club.
Yes we are but we are not members, but have considered it for awhile. Don't ever seem to have time for the stuff outside of the concerts. Lol thanks for the help on directions! We are really looking forward to a new venue for us! Trying to add a new wine every year.
Captain Parrot Head
Gypsies in the palace

PartofthePhlock wrote:
Captain Parrot Head wrote:

No problem. Eastgate BLvd bridge over 32 is down to 1 lane each direction and can take up to 30 minutes to cross anytime after 10am and longer during rush hour on workdays.

A great place to get beer, wine and eats is Jungle Jim's International Market http://www.junglejims.com/beerwine/ There is special entrance on the Walmart side of the market. They have a beer and wine tasting bar.
OK Thanks, We should be ok. We are leaving the hotel about 6:30 am. We also may take the back way and come up Sutton so we don't have to turn around to get in line.
ImageImage
chipleadjoe
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Knee Deep
Number of Concerts: 38
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain's & Landshark

Post by chipleadjoe »

Welcome to Cincy for this year's show;Should be nice, hot and sweaty!
Glad the info was posted on the tailgating locations. We were down at Belterra Park for its opening and was wonderin what was gonna happen with the lot across from there. If you have a chance, stop by Belterra and check it out. Blew away my expectations! We'll be linin up at no later than 6am for our spot across from coney. Black rav4 W/ beer drinkin shark fin on top - Growin older but not up!!

"There's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning"
"There's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning!"
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

chipleadjoe wrote:Welcome to Cincy for this year's show;Should be nice, hot and sweaty!
Glad the info was posted on the tailgating locations. We were down at Belterra Park for its opening and was wonderin what was gonna happen with the lot across from there. If you have a chance, stop by Belterra and check it out. Blew away my expectations! We'll be linin up at no later than 6am for our spot across from coney. Black rav4 W/ beer drinkin shark fin on top - Growin older but not up!!

"There's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning"
Welcome to BuffettNews - see you there! :D
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

KaseywithaK
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice, Barometer Soup
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: OBP beer & Landshark

Post by KaseywithaK »

This is kind of last minute but have any of you thought of doing a caravan into the tailgating lot? Have everyone meet up at a location nearby, like a Walmart or something, around 6 am then follow each other to the venue.
I didn't even think about that idea until now so it would probably be too late to consider it. We did that in Philly for his show, had like 40 vehicles so the whole Philly BN crew could all be next to each other.
Kasey w/ a "K""
Captain Parrot Head
Gypsies in the palace

KaseywithaK wrote:This is kind of last minute but have any of you thought of doing a caravan into the tailgating lot? Have everyone meet up at a location nearby, like a Walmart or something, around 6 am then follow each other to the venue.
I didn't even think about that idea until now so it would probably be too late to consider it. We did that in Philly for his show, had like 40 vehicles so the whole Philly BN crew could all be next to each other.
We are staying at the Fairfield eastgate, we plan to leave about 6:30. Not sure of a good meeting place but we are getting to cincy fairly early, wemay be able to scout a location. If we can figure out a spot, I will call you. Several others are staying in the same area we are and are meeting at the hotel at 6:30.
ImageImage
Captain Parrot Head
Gypsies in the palace

Ok peeps, food and few other goodies are bought. It looks like it will be $15.00 a person. I was shooting for 12 but shrimp and ground chuck was a little higher. Hope this is ok with everyone. I think if hang at the tailgate you will definitely get your $15 dollars worth.

Can't wait to tailgate with everyone.
WOOOO HOOOOO :pirate:
ImageImage
KaseywithaK
I have found me a home

Post by KaseywithaK »

Captain Parrot Head wrote:Ok peeps, food and few other goodies are bought. It looks like it will be $15.00 a person. I was shooting for 12 but shrimp and ground chuck was a little higher. Hope this is ok with everyone. I think if hang at the tailgate you will definitely get your $15 dollars worth.

Awesome. I plan to be ready by 6 AM. Shrimp sounds amazing! I am a-okay with $15. I think that's fair.
Kasey w/ a "K""
KaseywithaK
I have found me a home

Post by KaseywithaK »

I also have a large bottle of Margaritaville Gold Tequila & some margarita mix. Unfortunately, I don't have a concoction maker because the one I bought, I gave to my parents for Christmas. If you guys are able to make margaritas, I will give you this tequila & mix, as long as I can have at least a glass of margarita. :) But it can be for everyone to share because there is no way I am drinking all of that by myself. So it's a little gift for your tailgate & everyone can share it.
Kasey w/ a "K""
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

Captain Parrot Head wrote:Ok peeps, food and few other goodies are bought. It looks like it will be $15.00 a person. I was shooting for 12 but shrimp and ground chuck was a little higher. Hope this is ok with everyone. I think if hang at the tailgate you will definitely get your $15 dollars worth.

Sounds good - thanx again, Tom! :D

Woo-hoo!!
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!