bob3435
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Usually the one that I am currently listening to
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: anything someone gives while on a boat

Re: Who's going to Paris. La Trabendo September 26th 2013

Post by bob3435 »

Kopqueen,

I am also looking for tickets (2) to the Saturday night show, so if you come across more than you need, please let me know. I will do the same for you if I find more than I need.

Thanks, Bob
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Only 57 more days!!! :D

Debbie
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

49!!!!

Debbie
PHUK
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Come Monday
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by PHUK »

Just booked Le Shuttle 05.40 from London.
2 concerts in 3 days....I'm off to the pub to get some serious training in !
katlevosb
Favorite Buffett Song: pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by katlevosb »

we will be in Paris for this concert. we have tickets for 26/9/13. where is the tailgate party? we will be in Paris also on saturday but no tickets for 28/9/13 - we want to go to the tailgate party nonetheless. any information is greatly appreciated.
no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

katlevosb wrote:we will be in Paris for this concert. we have tickets for 26/9/13. where is the tailgate party? we will be in Paris also on saturday but no tickets for 28/9/13 - we want to go to the tailgate party nonetheless. any information is greatly appreciated.
Hi. There is a Facebook page for the Saturday concert: Parrotheads in Paris 2013 the get together is at the Hard Rock Café

As for La Trabendo, I think it will be a case of whoever gets there first will pick a bar :-) Many of us are not arriving in Paris until that day. We will check in to our accommodation and then head over to Parc de Villette. I guess it will be late afternoon before we get there.

Unless anyone else has other ideas :o
aealderm
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: The Wino & I Know
Favorite Boat Drink: grabber

Post by aealderm »

Any of you paris veterans: how hard is it to get tickets last minute? We probably won't decide to go until a week out ... Husband just retired from Air Force after 21 years in July, and is set to go back to delta as a pilot sometime after Sept 24. IF his training date is after, say, Oct 5, we are going to try to end his 3 months of retirement in an epic way: Paris for Buffett (this 26th date changes everything. I was thinking it was only Saturday, which would have meant an early morning Sunday!) followed by watching a friend who is playing his rookie season for the Vikings in London on Sunday.

We are good with last minute travel - that's how we do everything. But it's the last minute tickets to this specific show that concern me. How sold out is it? Do scalpers exist there? Usually closer to time easy to find some? Or downright impossible? In which case, we see enough Buffett, we can always just come for the party!
no shoes
Overkill

Post by no shoes »

aealderm wrote:Any of you paris veterans: how hard is it to get tickets last minute? We probably won't decide to go until a week out ... Husband just retired from Air Force after 21 years in July, and is set to go back to delta as a pilot sometime after Sept 24. IF his training date is after, say, Oct 5, we are going to try to end his 3 months of retirement in an epic way: Paris for Buffett (this 26th date changes everything. I was thinking it was only Saturday, which would have meant an early morning Sunday!) followed by watching a friend who is playing his rookie season for the Vikings in London on Sunday.

We are good with last minute travel - that's how we do everything. But it's the last minute tickets to this specific show that concern me. How sold out is it? Do scalpers exist there? Usually closer to time easy to find some? Or downright impossible? In which case, we see enough Buffett, we can always just come for the party!

I guess I qualify as a Paris veteran.........

For every Paris concert since 2007 there has always been tickets available on the day. Not scalpers (they are not so common in France) but from people who have friends that cannot make it. However there does seem to be more people looking for tickets this year than previously :-?

I believe there are still tickets on sale for La Trabendo, as many people had already made their travel arrangements when this was announced, so I don't think you would have any problems for Thursday. For Saturday, keep your ear to the ground and keep watching here and on Facebook.

Bonne chance!
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

40 more days!!! :P

Debbie
PHUK
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by PHUK »

I know people are looking foe tickets for the Saturday concert in Paris
Just seen this on EBAY
I hope a PH gets it..
Let me know.
You may want to buy me a glass of dry white for the tip off when we all meet up in paris.

Oh yeh, that link is ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/jimmy-buffett ... 232e4476f1
Good hunting Pamela and George
bob3435
I have found me a home

Post by bob3435 »

no shoes wrote:
aealderm wrote:Any of you paris veterans: how hard is it to get tickets last minute? We probably won't decide to go until a week out ... Husband just retired from Air Force after 21 years in July, and is set to go back to delta as a pilot sometime after Sept 24. IF his training date is after, say, Oct 5, we are going to try to end his 3 months of retirement in an epic way: Paris for Buffett (this 26th date changes everything. I was thinking it was only Saturday, which would have meant an early morning Sunday!) followed by watching a friend who is playing his rookie season for the Vikings in London on Sunday.

For every Paris concert since 2007 there has always been tickets available on the day. Not scalpers (they are not so common in France) but from people who have friends that cannot make it. However there does seem to be more people looking for tickets this year than previously :-?

I believe there are still tickets on sale for La Trabendo, as many people had already made their travel arrangements when this was announced, so I don't think you would have any problems for Thursday. For Saturday, keep your ear to the ground and keep watching here and on Facebook.

Bonne chance!

Do you mean that there are people at the venue with extra tickets or is there a particular website that they go to? I was able to get 1 ticket off of Ebay but still need 1 more. If I don't find one before then, I am assuming I might be able to find one at the venue before the concert? Thanks, Bob
no shoes
Overkill

Post by no shoes »

bob3435 wrote:
no shoes wrote:

Bonne chance!

Do you mean that there are people at the venue with extra tickets or is there a particular website that they go to? I was able to get 1 ticket off of Ebay but still need 1 more. If I don't find one before then, I am assuming I might be able to find one at the venue before the concert? Thanks, Bob
Bob, there are usually people either in the queue or at the Hard Rock café (tailgate) who have extra tickets. If you are going to La Trabendo you may even find some there. Its always worth trying the box office on the day too, I have known them to have tickets that have been returned. When do you arrive in Paris? It could be worth trying La Cigale box office on the Friday?
bob3435
I have found me a home

Post by bob3435 »

We will be in Paris on the 25th so I will have time to check at La Cigale for an extra ticket. Thank you so much for the info as it makes me think we will be able to attend. Fins Up!

Bob
no shoes
Overkill

Post by no shoes »

bob3435 wrote:We will be in Paris on the 25th so I will have time to check at La Cigale for an extra ticket. Thank you so much for the info as it makes me think we will be able to attend. Fins Up!

Bob
Hi. Not sure how you feel about ticket sites or what you want to pay but I did see some tickets for sale today. They are however about double the face value :-(
katlevosb
Favorite Buffett Song: pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by katlevosb »

:P :P my husband and I have had tickets since April. I am so psyched for this 10 days in Paris. See my post on Parrotheads in Paris 2013 on FB. :P
KopQueen
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris / Costal Confessions
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything in the Sun as rains a lot in the UK!

Post by KopQueen »

OK we decided to go to this concert as we have some holidays spare and I like the fact it is a small venue (might even get chance to meet Jimmy afterwards!!)

Hopefully something will get sorted for meeting up before the concert for a couple of beers.

So looking forward to this one after seeing my first concert at Jones Beach in August.

See you in Paris... :D
Just living the dream
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

20 more days!

Debbie
ara13
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by ara13 »

I have 4 concert tickets for September 26 in Paris - unfortunately my group won't be able to make it? Anyone have any ideas how to sell these tickets? Thanks!
KopQueen
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris / Costal Confessions
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything in the Sun as rains a lot in the UK!

Post by KopQueen »

OK starting to get excited.. [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Just wondering what the plans are for the tailgate party, are there any plans to meet up somewhere before the concert??

We are staying near Saint-Georges‎ metro so can walk to the Hard Rock or up by Moulin Rouge (I understand there is an Irish bar near).

Would love to meet some other Parrotheads before the concert for a glass or two of wine.
Just living the dream
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

17 :P

Debbie