Who's going to Paris 09/24/10?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Irish Parrot
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 9

Re: Who's going to Paris 09/24/10?

Post by Irish Parrot »

Well done Dutch,you certainly deserve it!My wife and sister and law were beneficiaries of your generous pre show gesture.Great fun and ideal for the already pumped up crowd.Well done again.See you next year!
Irish Parrot
Southeast of disorder

Post by Irish Parrot »

Well done Dutch,you certainly deserve it!My wife and sister and law were beneficiaries of your generous pre show gesture.Great fun and ideal for the already pumped up crowd.Well done again.See you next year!
Yorkshire Parrothead
Gypsies in the palace
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Yorkshire Parrothead »

Just arrived back home in Yorkshire and it seems to have taken all day just from Paris. Thought the show was one of the best ever and Jimmy singing solo at the end was super. The atmosphere was great. Would not have missed this show for the world even though we have had to pay for 2 return flights at least we arrived there on time to see Peter & Jim Mayer. Met some wonderful Parrot heads some we already knew and now have made friends with new Parrot heads we have met for the first time. Went to the Hard Rock party in the afternoon which was good but O'Sullivan's after the show was perhaps not the right place to meet but we did have some fun there then we went to another bar opposite our hotel. A very late night or should I say early morning for us. Just a shame that we missed Jimmy outside the Olympia in the morning chatting to everyone. Marcus was brilliant as ever with his beads and fishing line and lowering it down to Jimmy with his grog. These memories will last a long time. Did miss Debbie and Barbara this time just so wish you could have been there.
no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

Back on the island after a wonderful trip to Paris. The Eurostar is definately the best way to travel. Sorry I didnt get to see the 2 Davids and Jenny on the train. I wonder if you spent all the time in the bar :D

Next job is editing all the pictures - watch this space..................
no shoes
Overkill

Post by no shoes »

cowboy-in-the-jungle wrote:Arrived a bit late due to getting a bit confused on the metro, but met wonderful down to earth parrot heads at the corner bar. It was a true french location, not an american version of a restaurant. Many parrot heads just relaxing and taking it in. I pinned my parrot to my shoulder and entered Olympia hall after taking many pictures. It seemed that instantly I had 1,000 new friends. A common bond held us together through the nite. I found Cheryl and Luc in the mezzanine and got to say hello to friends I had only known throughout the net. Then we took our place on the front row dress circle half way to the stage right. Thanks to the sweet man and his wife for keeping us entertained by throw SWAG from the other side! Great pre concert time. Of course the concert story has been said already and I can't add much. When Jimmy played "he went to Paris" my eyes did tear up. It was so moving and I have not single regret of travel to the other side of the world.
Did you see Roger the drummer point and wave several times during the show? Yes, that was directly to me! Just one of those things where you see a person and stare. I stared, he looked back, I pointed directly to him, waved...and he waved back. So the night when several times. It was a perfect birthday!
Post party: I walk to the bar and can't believe that is the place that was picked. I wanted to relax, be able to talk to others. The choice could not be worse for post party. We left immediately and found fun with others where we chatted till wee hours about the night not to forget. Thanks Jimmy the coral reefers for a perfect birthday.
Steve's wife April
That wasnt a 'sweet man' - that was Marcus :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no shoes
Overkill

Post by no shoes »

You just never know who you are going to meet on the pavement in Paris:

Many many thanks to Jenny for the photo!
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Yorkshire Parrothead wrote:Just arrived back home in Yorkshire and it seems to have taken all day just from Paris. Thought the show was one of the best ever and Jimmy singing solo at the end was super. The atmosphere was great. Would not have missed this show for the world even though we have had to pay for 2 return flights at least we arrived there on time to see Peter & Jim Mayer. Met some wonderful Parrot heads some we already knew and now have made friends with new Parrot heads we have met for the first time. Went to the Hard Rock party in the afternoon which was good but O'Sullivan's after the show was perhaps not the right place to meet but we did have some fun there then we went to another bar opposite our hotel. A very late night or should I say early morning for us. Just a shame that we missed Jimmy outside the Olympia in the morning chatting to everyone. Marcus was brilliant as ever with his beads and fishing line and lowering it down to Jimmy with his grog. These memories will last a long time. Did miss Debbie and Barbara this time just so wish you could have been there.

:( :( :( :( :(

Missed you too, Margaret. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Debbie
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

no shoes wrote:You just never know who you are going to meet on the pavement in Paris:

Way to go, Rox!!!! :D :D :D

Debbie
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

no shoes wrote:You just never know who you are going to meet on the pavement in Paris:

Now that's what I call up close and personal!! So happy for you to be in the right place at the right time, and for such a grand reward for spending the day in the queue! What time did you get in line? Were you in the front?

What a splendid souvenir of your trip!
Last edited by Tiki Bar on September 26, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

pleiades03 wrote:Anybody seen a scary clown in line?
Yes... in youtube video of the line!
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

:o :o :o

Was that you in the line? That clown is scary!!

Debbie
Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

Yorkshire Parrothead wrote:Just arrived back home in Yorkshire and it seems to have taken all day just from Paris. Thought the show was one of the best ever and Jimmy singing solo at the end was super. The atmosphere was great. Would not have missed this show for the world even though we have had to pay for 2 return flights at least we arrived there on time to see Peter & Jim Mayer. Met some wonderful Parrot heads some we already knew and now have made friends with new Parrot heads we have met for the first time. Went to the Hard Rock party in the afternoon which was good but O'Sullivan's after the show was perhaps not the right place to meet but we did have some fun there then we went to another bar opposite our hotel. A very late night or should I say early morning for us. Just a shame that we missed Jimmy outside the Olympia in the morning chatting to everyone. Marcus was brilliant as ever with his beads and fishing line and lowering it down to Jimmy with his grog. These memories will last a long time. Did miss Debbie and Barbara this time just so wish you could have been there.
((((((Margaret))))))

Missed you and John too!! So happy you had such a wonderful show!!! [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=hearts.gif]
Barbara

Image Image
Karacal

Post by Karacal »

OMG, what a wonderful experience!!! So very happy for you!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Barbara

Image Image
Karacal

Post by Karacal »

dnw wrote:

That is a very scary clown!!!!

I also noticed some other BNer's in line!! :D :D :D :D :D
Barbara

Image Image
Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

Way to go Rox!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) Sorry we missed him!! But had a great time in line and getting to sit/stand next to you was great!!!! Thanks for helping re-distribute the loot!!!! :D :D :D :D

Yes I have to agree, O'sullivan's wasn't the proper venue......by the time we got there, there was a line to get in and the music was too loud....we wound up across the street at a cafe with some of the other parrottheads...much better..... We really do need to get this after the show meet up figured out next year!!!!!! :D :D
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....
no shoes
Overkill

Post by no shoes »

Getting such good tickets from David was fantastic but the icing on the cake was finding I was next to you and Debbie :D

Thanks for adding to what was a very special show!

See you in Vegas :lol: :lol: :lol:
Irish Parrot
Southeast of disorder

Post by Irish Parrot »

Yeah we're all agreed about the after show venue.Well we got a year to sort it out!Did anyone go into that American Bar on the right hand side of the street as you went down Boulevard des Italiens?Very much hope that its Olympia again next year,although maybe the bar staff could be sent on a "How to Serve Quicker" course in advance!
pleiades03
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by pleiades03 »

dnw wrote:

No, that was my friend. I wasn't sure if she was going to wear the outfit or not. I haven't heard from her yet. She's getting back today. But I'm pretty sure I see her in that picture. So she must have been in line when JB came by. Fortunately, it looks like she hadn't put on the costume yet. If she had Buffett probably wouldn't have come anywhere near.
Love in the library, quiet and cool.
Westway001
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!

Post by Westway001 »

pleiades03 wrote:
dnw wrote:

No, that was my friend. I wasn't sure if she was going to wear the outfit or not. I haven't heard from her yet. She's getting back today. But I'm pretty sure I see her in that picture. So she must have been in line when JB came by. Fortunately, it looks like she hadn't put on the costume yet. If she had Buffett probably wouldn't have come anywhere near.
If you would care to pm me Debbie's email address (or if she would like to) we can email to her some photos from when Jimmy stopped by in the morning in which she appears. That is indeed she with the camera in the background of Roxy's pic!

Dave
pleiades03
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 99

Post by pleiades03 »

Westway001 wrote:
pleiades03 wrote:
dnw wrote:

If you would care to pm me Debbie's email address (or if she would like to) we can email to her some photos from when Jimmy stopped by in the morning in which she appears. That is indeed she with the camera in the background of Roxy's pic!

Dave
Dave, thanks. Just got off the phone with Deb. She's in Charlotte getting ready to board for the last leg of her trip home. I'll let her know to contact you about the photos. I'm sure she'd like them. She said she had a wonderful time at the show and at Peter and Jim's show, too.
Love in the library, quiet and cool.