Margaritaville Key West Resort and Marina

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Margaritaville Key West Resort and Marina

Post by boatdrinks84 »

Got a chance to stay at Margaritaville Key West Resort and Marina recently, and man: what a complete rip-off.

This place is dirty, dingy, and dated, but not in the fun Key West way, but more like the “this place opened in the mid-90s and absolutely nothing was done to keep it up speed” way. I seriously have to question if the Westin had a grounds/engineering department when they owned it, because there’s stuff broken everywhere. Overall quality was what I would expect out of a Red Roof Inn, not a resort.

Pensacola is fun, Hollywood Beach is a blast, and this is just a run-down hotel with a Margaritaville sign in front of it. Do yourself a favor and stay someplace else on your next Key West visit (hint: Ocean Key, also on Mallory Square).
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Re: Margaritaville Key West Resort and Marina

Post by FinsUp6835 »

hmmm. I mean they did just recover from a massive hurricane - maybe that is the reason for everything.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
Finnsaremorefun
Havana Daydreamin'
Number of Concerts: 14

Re: Margaritaville Key West Resort and Marina

Post by Finnsaremorefun »

The Margaritaville resort brand has been a disappointment to me thus far. Every location is overpriced for a modest room or suite. I am somewhat excited for the opening of the Orlando resort, but sadly I am expecting additional $300+/night prices for a room. Nothing is really priced for the middle class parrothead, rather, JB's yacht club crowd, it seems.
Got a carribean soul I can barely control