Tallahassee...best/closest beaches

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Tallahassee...best/closest beaches

Post by Dr.Corona »

Thinking about making a roadie to Seminole land for a football game. What would be the best convenient beach to stay at before shuttling into Doak Campbell for the gameday experience?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Re: Tallahassee...best/closest beaches

Post by catsway »

That's a tall order to find a beach close to Tally. The Big Bend area is south of Tally. Apalachicola is south of Tally. From there you could chose St. George's Island:

http://www.apalachicolabay.org/index.cf ... ge_Island/

This is a beautiful barrier island area. Great shelling. Not too touristy. Very natural.

The next closest beach would be Mexico Beach, southwest of Tally closer to Panama City. Recently rated as one of the best beaches in the US.

http://www.mexicobeach.com/cdc/

Which game are you attending? We'll be at the Maryland game Oct. 22nd.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley

Conolulu
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the beginning "Come Monday"
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything z-man makes..

Post by Conolulu »

I live in Panama City, and love Mexico Beach....That's where I go when I go to the Beach...It's not crowded, beautiful beaches, and just enough stores if I need anything....

Some days I even drive over to Port St Joe....I really love it there! :)

Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

catsway wrote:That's a tall order to find a beach close to Tally. The Big Bend area is south of Tally. Apalachicola is south of Tally. From there you could chose St. George's Island:

http://www.apalachicolabay.org/index.cf ... ge_Island/

This is a beautiful barrier island area. Great shelling. Not too touristy. Very natural.

The next closest beach would be Mexico Beach, southwest of Tally closer to Panama City. Recently rated as one of the best beaches in the US.

http://www.mexicobeach.com/cdc/

Which game are you attending? We'll be at the Maryland game Oct. 22nd.
Nothing definitive.........would like to make the Miami game in November.......but........ [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]

z-man
Here We Are
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by z-man »

I second the suggestion of St George Island.
It is one our favorite places for a relaxing beach getaway.
Most of the places on the island are rentals of private homes/condos,
and the best way the rent them is through a rental company.
We have used Collins, and been very happy with their selection and service.

http://www.collinsvacationrentals.com/index.cfm
Living my life...
One Tropical Day at a Time!

RIPH
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

St George is the closest beach to the Mecca that is Doak Stadium. We've done it a few times as our daughter attends FSU. The quickest we made it was about 75 minutes and the longest was almost 2 hours. Its roughly 80 miles. That being said, are you trying to do all this in a weekend? There is plenty to do at FSU on home game weekends. We have season tix and are regular attendees at the home games. I would say Friday and Saturday at Doak and then Sunday at the beach. This year will be even better as Jimbo has really pumped up ticket sales. Tailgating is awesome by the way. Go Noles!!
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

RIPH wrote:St George is the closest beach to the Mecca that is Doak Stadium. We've done it a few times as our daughter attends FSU. The quickest we made it was about 75 minutes and the longest was almost 2 hours. Its roughly 80 miles. That being said, are you trying to do all this in a weekend? There is plenty to do at FSU on home game weekends. We have season tix and are regular attendees at the home games. I would say Friday and Saturday at Doak and then Sunday at the beach. This year will be even better as Jimbo has really pumped up ticket sales. Tailgating is awesome by the way. Go Noles!!
If we swing it we'll be coming down for 4 day-3 night minimum. A bud & I do annual football roadtrips, & if we're coming to Florida in November the wives will HAVE to have a beach to hang out at while we go to the game. Sounds like either St. George or Mexico Beach would fit the bill. I know there are high hopes in Nole land this year with so many returning starters.
Would be great to see the rivalry game against Miami.

RIPH
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

Dr.Corona wrote:
RIPH wrote:St George is the closest beach to the Mecca that is Doak Stadium. We've done it a few times as our daughter attends FSU. The quickest we made it was about 75 minutes and the longest was almost 2 hours. Its roughly 80 miles. That being said, are you trying to do all this in a weekend? There is plenty to do at FSU on home game weekends. We have season tix and are regular attendees at the home games. I would say Friday and Saturday at Doak and then Sunday at the beach. This year will be even better as Jimbo has really pumped up ticket sales. Tailgating is awesome by the way. Go Noles!!
If we swing it we'll be coming down for 4 day-3 night minimum. A bud & I do annual football roadtrips, & if we're coming to Florida in November the wives will HAVE to have a beach to hang out at while we go to the game. Sounds like either St. George or Mexico Beach would fit the bill. I know there are high hopes in Nole land this year with so many returning starters.
Would be great to see the rivalry game against Miami.
Sounds like a grand plan!!
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...