Friends children?

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Friends children?

Post by ragtopW »

How Old do your friends kids have to be to move from the " children of friends" or " friends Kids"
until they can be called Friends without the explanation of who they are (or how you know them)

we are all either at that age when our friends have kids that are teens or above; and I have friends whose kids I take places and do things with and leave the Parents home
but they are in their late teens and I feel kind of funny about the whole "these are children of my friends"
some of them call me Uncle. but still.

any ideas? I mean I would probably draw the line when they start dating or driving. I am not a parent and wonder
what you would be comfortable with.

thanks
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: Friends children?

Post by Saltx3 »

ragtopW wrote:How Old do your friends kids have to be to move from the " children of friends" or " friends Kids"
until they can be called Friends without the explanation of who they are (or how you know them)

we are all either at that age when our friends have kids that are teens or above; and I have friends whose kids I take places and do things with and leave the Parents home
but they are in their late teens and I feel kind of funny about the whole "these are children of my friends"

any ideas? I mean I would probably draw the line when they start dating or driving. I am not a parent and wonder

thanks
hummmm...never really thought about this as we don't fall into this category but I think so long as their parents are fine with it you go with what works...I'm thinking "uncle" is fine and you just call them your nieces/nephews ???
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

You could refer to them as "friends of the family". :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Post by ph4ever »

ragtopW wrote:How Old do your friends kids have to be to move from the " children of friends" or " friends Kids"

thanks
When they were teens I would say this is my friend's son/daughter.

But, Linda's daughter calls me Aunt Naughty. I call her my niece. But then she's a grown woman with 2 of her own. I call them my great nieces.
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.