College Football

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

College Football

Post by lime rickie »

Anyone watching this year? Rutgers finally won a Big Ten game.

Not sure if that's due to Schiano being back as coach (he did improve the recruiting). Or maybe Michigan State just doesn't have a good team this year.

I'll take the W either way. Between being a Rutgers fan and a NY Giants fan those are few and far between. :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: College Football

Post by LIPH »

I've been watching a little, all of Coastal Carolina's games have been on TV so far this season. I missed Saturday's game, it was on ESPNU and I don't get that channel. Coastal upgraded its program to what the NCAA used to call Division 1, it's called something else now, before the 2017 season. They moved to the Sun Belt Conference and were at or near the bottom the first 3 years. This year they're 5-0 and for the first time in history they were ranked last week, they just snuck in at #25. They're up to #20 this week. They have 2 or 3 home games left, I might have to look into going to a game. The campus is about 12 miles away.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

The Aggies had a bye week last weekend. Now on to the second half of the schedule. Maybe we won't be cursed and can have a decent year? Maybe?
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

I only watch when OSU (Oklahoma State) is playing, cause E went there. College sports was not a big thing for me growing up. One brother went to NIU, one brother went to SIU (Illinois teams), neither majored in sports. E's enthusiasm for OSU has gotten me interested :)
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

lime rickie wrote: October 26, 2020 9:40 am Anyone watching this year? Rutgers finally won a Big Ten game.

Not sure if that's due to Schiano being back as coach (he did improve the recruiting). Or maybe Michigan State just doesn't have a good team this year.

I'll take the W either way. Between being a Rutgers fan and a NY Giants fan those are few and far between. :lol:
Congrats & thank you for the Victory Scarlet Knights!

I'll let you know after this weekend when our Michigan Wolverines play them. Let's just say Sparty is a 24 point underdog. Hopefully that will be the halftime spread!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Seminoles fan here (family member went there; my alma mater does not have a football team)...was hoping the team would quickly buy-in to the new head coach's philosophy but that was wishful thinking. I think it was a fluke that we beat UNC a couple of weeks ago.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

All Everything Clemson star QB & expected #1 2021 NFL draft pick Trevor Lawrence has tested positive for Covid-19. He says he's only feeling minor symptoms.
Will definitely miss this weekends game vs. Boston College & is on the cusp of being not available for the following week vs. Notre Dame. We'll see if has any impact on Clemson staying undefeated.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 27, 2020 8:58 am
lime rickie wrote: October 26, 2020 9:40 am Anyone watching this year? Rutgers finally won a Big Ten game.

I'll let you know after this weekend when our Michigan Wolverines play them. Let's just say Sparty is a 24 point underdog. Hopefully that will be the halftime spread!
Rutgers hosts Michigan is a few weeks. Gotta get past Indiana tomorrow, and then Ohio State and Illinois first. Really hoping that we're at least competitive.

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

lime rickie wrote: October 30, 2020 11:05 am
Dr.Corona wrote: October 27, 2020 8:58 am

Rutgers hosts Michigan is a few weeks. Gotta get past Indiana tomorrow, and then Ohio State and Illinois first. Really hoping that we're at least competitive.
Here is a stat you should love. Your game vs. Indiana tomorrow is the ONLY game in the nation tomorrow being played between 2 undefeated teams :o :o
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 30, 2020 11:11 am Here is a stat you should love. Your game vs. Indiana tomorrow is the ONLY game in the nation tomorrow being played between 2 undefeated teams :o :o
I do love it! :D

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Texas A&M is playing South Carolina tonight, the game is on ESPN. They just showed South Carolina's cheerleaders holding up signs that said GO COCKS. :lol:
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Great win for Notre Dame last night. GO IRISH!
Who's got the rum?
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The Aggies gave the Cocks a good beating yesterday. Then last night Washington State played Oregon State and the Cougars licked the Beavers. Oregon State might have better luck against the USC Trojans, they'd have protection.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

LIPH wrote: November 8, 2020 11:23 am The Aggies gave the Cocks a good beating yesterday. Then last night Washington State played Oregon State and the Cougars licked the Beavers. Oregon State might have better luck against the USC Trojans, they'd have protection.
:roll: :lol: :P

SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Welcome to "Buffettnews: Adolescent Boys" edition :-?
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

LIPH wrote: November 8, 2020 11:23 am The Aggies gave the Cocks a good beating yesterday. Then last night Washington State played Oregon State and the Cougars licked the Beavers. Oregon State might have better luck against the USC Trojans, they'd have protection.
At least South Carolina still beat Auburn which was a significant win for their program. Auburn isn't great this year but they had everyone available for that game including Bo Nix and Seth Williams. Texas A&M is on a whole different level- other than their loss to Alabama (which was expected), they have looked very impressive. Jimbo Fisher is doing a great job there and got his signature win earlier this year over Florida.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

The Battered Aggie Syndrome runs deep. My team is looking good but I still don't know which team to expect out on the field each week. :lol:
txaggirl91

Post by txaggirl91 »

And this is why I love you...
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

SMLCHNG wrote: October 26, 2020 10:10 pm I only watch when OSU (Oklahoma State) is playing, cause E went there. College sports was not a big thing for me growing up. One brother went to NIU, one brother went to SIU (Illinois teams), neither majored in sports. E's enthusiasm for OSU has gotten me interested :)
Oklahoma State lost to Texas in overtime on Halloween. That was a great game to watch between two Big 12 title contenders. And OSU wore orange and black so it was fitting for the holiday.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

txaggirl91 wrote: November 9, 2020 9:20 am The Battered Aggie Syndrome runs deep. My team is looking good but I still don't know which team to expect out on the field each week. :lol:
The Aggies were Phil Steele's #1 surprise team for this season in his annual preview magazine. He said that all of their SEC games other than Alabama were very winnable, and that is exactly how it has played out so far. Playing in the same division as Alabama is the only thing that really hurts their cause, as talent wise A&M is good enough to be a playoff team. Ohio State and Bama are locks for the playoff (if it happens), and the ACC champ be it ND or Clemson will also very likely get in. That leaves one spot remaining. If every team in the Pac 12 ends up with one or more losses, then A&M might have a case for that fourth spot despite not playing in the SEC title game. Florida will win the SEC East and A&M owns a win over them as well.