2020 NFL Season

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: 2020 NFL Season

Post by lime rickie »

LIPH wrote: January 25, 2021 12:02 pm
RIPH wrote: January 25, 2021 8:29 am I am stoked that the Bucs play at home in the Super Bowl and that Tom Brady again continues to prove himself over and over. He is simply The GOAT. 8)
Brady is the greatest quarterback in an era when the NFL has done everything it can to take defense out of the game.
Wonder if he still throws his cell phone away every month. :roll: :P :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Dr.Corona wrote: January 25, 2021 1:45 pm It's fair to say that 90%+ of the rabid U of M fans are Tom Brady slappies to the hilt.
:lol: Try being a NYG fan in New England.

RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

lime rickie wrote: January 25, 2021 10:14 pm
RIPH wrote: January 25, 2021 8:29 am I am stoked that the Bucs play at home in the Super Bowl and that Tom Brady again continues to prove himself over and over. He is simply The GOAT. 8)
Brady is the greatest quarterback in an era when the NFL has done everything it can to take defense out of the game.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :pirate:
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I never heard that one. Was there a reason why? Brady is probably the GOAT. But , in the last 2 playoff games it was Tampa's defense that won the games.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

So as a Lion fan (more like my regional football fandom duty) nice to see them make a deal for the departure of Matt Stafford to the LA Rams with an eye on the future. Sorry he wasn't able to take the Lions to any great heights. A slightly above average QB who didn't have the best help here in Detroit but was prone to make some big mistakes that were costly as well. Too bad the Organization hired the bumbling duo of Bob Quinn & Matt Patricia a few years ago. They basically tore down any semblance of a team that Jim Caldwell & Martin Mayhew put together that at least made 2 playoff appearances in 4 years & gave Stafford no real shot at any more success.

Getting a 3rd round pick this season, plus 1st rounders each of the next 2 seasons seemed like a damn good haul. To get Rams QB Goff seems to be a nice little bonus. The Goff thing could play out a number of ways, but not much downside to it as it appears. He is more than likely a stop gap until the NEW QB of the future arrives.

While I would like to see Stafford play well with the Rams the selfish part of us Lion followers will be better served if the Rams record is not that great, ensuring a higher pick over the next 2 seasons. Nonetheless, Good Luck Matthew Stafford & thanks for your time here in the D
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

TommyBahama wrote: January 27, 2021 8:11 am
I never heard that one. Was there a reason why? Brady is probably the GOAT. But , in the last 2 playoff games it was Tampa's defense that won the games.
Investigators wanted his phone during Deflategate, to look for incriminating text evidence between Tom and his...ball inflators? :wink:

Anyways, he told them he throws away his cell phone every month to stay ahead of hackers, or something similarly ridiculous.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

The NFL couldn't ignore the CTE forever. And to be fair, they took away the defense for all QBs, not just him.

RIPH, did you transfer your fandom to the Bucs when you moved down there, e.g. the new home team? Or because TB went there?

I've always been a NYG fan, regardless of where I lived.