Moderator: SMLCHNG

atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Re: List of Buffett shows on nugs.net - updated 10/29/20

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: January 3, 2021 11:41 am
sandman78 wrote: January 1, 2021 2:02 pm Any word from Sunlover?

Happy New Year!

Sandy
I finally heard from Sunlover and he working on getting the audio recordings uploaded here is what he told me:

"I know people have been asking about audio versions of the virtual tour. I have been going through various show files (both audio and video) to make some space and get source content all together and better organized. I hope to get some of the virtual tour audio files up soon."

So he is working on things as quick as he can
Don't really care about audio from the virtual tour. No need to rush in terms of getting that up. Sunlover has done so much for us over the years- he deserves a break at a time like this, since there obviously haven't been any live concerts since 2019. He's been doing the same job of uploading shows for more than 15 years. We all need a break. (Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum)
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: October 16, 2020 6:41 pmFenway Park, Boston, MA 09/12/2004
Why would anyone want to purchase the audio of the 2004 Fenway show from nugs.net when it has been available as a two CD set on Amazon (or wherever else CDs are sold) for years, usually at a lesser price?
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

atmarler26 wrote: January 6, 2021 2:28 pm
Why would anyone want to purchase the audio of the 2004 Fenway show from nugs.net when it has been available as a two CD set on Amazon (or wherever else CDs are sold) for years, usually at a lesser price?
The set the sold commercially includes 2 CDs and a DVD which are compilation of the two 2004 Fenway shows which happened on 9/10/04 and 9/12/04.

The show on nugs.net is the complete 9/12/04 show
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: January 6, 2021 5:32 pm
The set the sold commercially includes 2 CDs and a DVD which are compilation of the two 2004 Fenway shows which happened on 9/10/04 and 9/12/04.

That last post was my 86th post on this site, so of course I had to make sure it was related to the 2004 Fenway show. Now that the curse has officially been broken, let's discuss some more.

As a diehard Sox fan, I purchased the two CD (and one DVD) set that is sold commercially many years ago and consider it an absolute treasure. Whenever he plays two consecutive shows at a particular venue, there are usually about 5-6 changes in the setlist between the two shows and the rest of the songs are the same. I could be wrong about this, but I always thought the 2 CDs covered all of the different songs which were played between the two shows. In terms of the songs which were played at both Fenway shows in 2004, the audio of one version may have come out slightly better than the other- but as long as just one version was included on the official CD release, that was good enough for me.

Also thought it was interesting that he covered Respect at the 2004 Fenway show and then when he decided to play at Fenway again in 2018, that ended up being the year that Aretha Franklin passed away.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

atmarler26 wrote: January 8, 2021 9:54 am

That last post was my 86th post on this site, so of course I had to make sure it was related to the 2004 Fenway show. Now that the curse has officially been broken, let's discuss some more.

As a diehard Sox fan, I purchased the two CD (and one DVD) set that is sold commercially many years ago and consider it an absolute treasure. Whenever he plays two consecutive shows at a particular venue, there are usually about 5-6 changes in the setlist between the two shows and the rest of the songs are the same. I could be wrong about this, but I always thought the 2 CDs covered all of the different songs which were played between the two shows. In terms of the songs which were played at both Fenway shows in 2004, the audio of one version may have come out slightly better than the other- but as long as just one version was included on the official CD release, that was good enough for me.

Also thought it was interesting that he covered Respect at the 2004 Fenway show and then when he decided to play at Fenway again in 2018, that ended up being the year that Aretha Franklin passed away.
The Fenway CD/DVD set includes 30 Songs on 2 CD's and 13 on the DVD.

Between the 2 shows Jimmy Performed a total of35 different songs which leaves five songs missing from the 2 CDs.

The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful 9/10 show
Boats To Build 9/12 show
We Are The People 9/10 show
Jamaica Mistaica 9/10 show
Back to the Island 9/12 show

Back to the Island was the acoustic encore finale to the second show.
Last edited by urlcenter on January 8, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

So 31 songs, 34 songs, compared to 26-ish at most venues? Would love to know why?

I know Jimmy loves the baseball stadiums, but Fenway is a hard pass for me. Do the Chicago peeps like Wrigley over the sheds and other locales?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

lime rickie wrote: January 8, 2021 6:55 pm I know Jimmy loves the baseball stadiums, but Fenway is a hard pass for me. Do the Chicago peeps like Wrigley over the sheds and other locales?
I'm not from Chicago, or Boston, but I went to Wrigley and Fenway because of the history of the ballparks. I'm a baseball fan but not enough of a fan to travel to see a game so at least I got to see both ballparks.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

LIPH wrote: January 8, 2021 8:17 pm
lime rickie wrote: January 8, 2021 6:55 pm I know Jimmy loves the baseball stadiums, but Fenway is a hard pass for me. Do the Chicago peeps like Wrigley over the sheds and other locales?
I'm not from Chicago, or Boston, but I went to Wrigley and Fenway because of the history of the ballparks. I'm a baseball fan but not enough of a fan to travel to see a game so at least I got to see both ballparks.
How were the shows though? Would you go to a baseball stadium show again?

I gave away my Wrigley CD.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

The shows were nothing to write home about, except the first Wrigley show. The encore was Jimmy and Mac doing an acoustic City Of New Orleans in the right field bleachers. Other than that, they were pretty standard shows in my opinion.

I doubt if I'd go to another stadium show. I've cut back on the number of shows I go to and I try to pick someplace I've never been to before. Not just someplace I haven't seen Buffett, someplace I've never seen at all. Last year I was planning to go to the Oklahoma City show, I've never been anywhere in Oklahoma. Other than that, if it's drivable, like anywhere in North or South Carolina or maybe Virginia, I'd consider going.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

lime rickie wrote: January 8, 2021 6:55 pm So 31 songs, 34 songs, compared to 26-ish at most venues? Would love to know why?

I know Jimmy loves the baseball stadiums, but Fenway is a hard pass for me. Do the Chicago peeps like Wrigley over the sheds and other locales?
Each of the two shows had 29 songs per show, with five set list changes the second night.

These five songs were only played at the first show on 9/10/04

We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About
The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful  
Jamaica Mistaca
Defying Gravity
Jollymon

The five songs above were replaced with the following songs at the second show on 9/12/04

Fruitcakes
Gypsies In The Palace
Boats To Build
Back To The Island
Grapefruit Juicy fruit

This means that the remaining 25 songs not listed above were performed at both shows, so between the two shows Jimmy played a total of 35 individual songs. The CD/DVD releases includes 30 of those 35 total songs.

The five songs not on the CD's are:

We Are the People
Boats to Build
The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful
Jamaica Mistaica
Back to the Island
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: January 8, 2021 4:06 pm
atmarler26 wrote: January 8, 2021 9:54 am

The Fenway CD/DVD set includes 30 Songs on 2 CD's and 13 on the DVD.

Between the 2 shows Jimmy Performed a total of35 different songs which leaves five songs missing from the 2 CDs.

The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful 9/10 show
Boats To Build 9/12 show
We Are The People 9/10 show
Jamaica Mistaica 9/10 show
Back to the Island 9/12 show

Back to the Island was the acoustic encore finale to the second show.
Thanks for clearing that up. Out of those five songs which were missing from the two CDs, the one I would most like to hear is Jamaica Mistaica by far! Next up would be Weather Is Here. Those two definitely should have made the cut for being included on the two disc set. Almost certain that he didn't play any of those five songs at the 2018 Fenway show either.

My main regret about the 2018 show was that he didn't play the full version of Manana (which is my favorite Buffett song) and included it in a medley instead. Otherwise, it was one of the greatest shows ever! When he announced the show at the start of 2018, there were a lot of people on this forum complaining about how there wouldn't be any tailgating and saying that he should play Great Woods instead. Someone said "When he played Fenway in 2004 that was cool...but he shouldn't play there again." And I thought to myself, "Well, if we win the World Series again at the end of this year, then his decision to play there again will be vindicated!" Sure enough it happened. The audio of the 2018 show should have been released commercially as a CD as well- I think it would have sold pretty well.
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

LIPH wrote: January 8, 2021 8:58 pm The shows were nothing to write home about, except the first Wrigley show. The encore was Jimmy and Mac doing an acoustic City Of New Orleans in the right field bleachers. Other than that, they were pretty standard shows in my opinion.
Any concert that is played during the middle of a dream season for the team which plays at that particular ballpark is not a standard show at all, regardless of the specifics of the setlist/acoustics of the show. It is a very special occasion actually! Yes, I'm biased as someone with strong connections to Boston. But there were other ballpark shows which I enjoyed as well, like the 2012 Detroit show during Lounging at the Lagoon.
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Post by sandman78 »

I would just like to get the Japan show if possible. Thanks,

Sandy
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

sandman78 wrote: January 11, 2021 2:27 pm I would just like to get the Japan show if possible. Thanks,

Sandy
The complete concert video has been uploaded and can be found in the folder labeled "Margaritaville TV Rebroadcasts"

The audio recording will be uploaded soon
Showlistener2018
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by Showlistener2018 »

Nugs just added.
Jones beach 8/29/2000
San Diego 5/24/2001
Nashville 4/13/2002
Las Vegas 10/29/2005
Atlanta 6/2/2006
sandman78
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: A Margarita

Re: List of Buffett shows on nugs.net - updated 01/22/21

Post by sandman78 »

Any word on audio recordings from the virtual tour? I am still on the lookout for the audio from the Japan show and the 1994 Great Woods show.

Thanks,

Sandy
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

No word from Sunlover but the last time he and I messaged he was working on getting them uploaded, he is very busy due to the pandemic. He will get them up
nvrmnd17
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry's & Coke

Post by nvrmnd17 »

Looks like they just added:
Apr 26, 2014
Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-j ... rt=1&sz=12

And in the app I can see 9/8/2007 Foxborough.
Check out TikiPod Radio!
Get Away to the Island Side of Life with The TikiPod's unique blend of island and Trop Rock music.
http://www.tikipod.net
nvrmnd17
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry's & Coke

Post by nvrmnd17 »

OK, they updated the site while I was checking it up. There are now 31 shows available. Here are the new ones:

Apr 27, 2019 - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Aug 4, 2018 - Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA
Oct 15, 2017 - Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR
Sep 24, 2016 - La Cigale, Paris, FRA
Nov 5, 2015 - Casa Marina, Key West, FL
Apr 26, 2014 - Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL
Mar 9, 2014 - Coolangatta Sands Hotel, Coolangatta, AUS
Aug 21, 1993 - Buckeye Lake Music Center, Thornville, OH

plus
9/8/2007 Foxborough
6/27/93 Charlotte
8/20/95 Hartford
2/28/99 Boston
6/30/07 Atlantic City
5/3/08 New Orleans
2/24/09 Maui
7/23/2011

which show in the app but not online yet
Check out TikiPod Radio!
Get Away to the Island Side of Life with The TikiPod's unique blend of island and Trop Rock music.
http://www.tikipod.net
Showlistener2018
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by Showlistener2018 »

nvrmnd17 wrote: February 12, 2021 11:57 am OK, they updated the site while I was checking it up. There are now 31 shows available. Here are the new ones:

Apr 27, 2019 - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Aug 4, 2018 - Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA
Oct 15, 2017 - Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR
Sep 24, 2016 - La Cigale, Paris, FRA
Nov 5, 2015 - Casa Marina, Key West, FL
Apr 26, 2014 - Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL
Mar 9, 2014 - Coolangatta Sands Hotel, Coolangatta, AUS
Aug 21, 1993 - Buckeye Lake Music Center, Thornville, OH

plus
9/8/2007 Foxborough
6/27/93 Charlotte
8/20/95 Hartford
2/28/99 Boston
6/30/07 Atlantic City
5/3/08 New Orleans
2/24/09 Maui
7/23/2011

which show in the app but not online yet
Through the power of radio I was able to tune in live to the Bristow show 8/4/18