I Went Into Captain Tony's Tuesday@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: I Went Into Captain Tony's Tuesday@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Ahoy! I had to leave my poorer and I wait till Monday for pick up. The clerk warned me I could loose my files which is all photos. It was80$ to back them up. I. declined. I have all photos saved.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

Woohoo! Mother Nature switched on the AC, temp dropped suddenly, and it is raining. :D
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

sistergoldenhair wrote: July 17, 2018 3:56 pm Woohoo! Mother Nature switched on the AC, temp dropped suddenly, and it is raining. :D
please send rain to us (BEGGING).........
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

springparrot wrote: July 17, 2018 2:58 pm I don't think we are going to get out of VA. Been driving in VA most of the day
[smilie=hiya.gif] Hiya Molly!
Interstate 95 is usually pretty heavy in the Fredericksburg area during the summer...no matter what time of the day or night.
Good luck [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Please cross your fingers... Met the guy I'd support, he barely asked any questions, cause he got such a nice report from my interview last week. And I liked him. Salary was NOT as low as my friend guessed. Still less than what I was making, but I can make it work. :)
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 17, 2018 4:53 pm Please cross your fingers... Met the guy I'd support, he barely asked any questions, cause he got such a nice report from my interview last week. And I liked him. Salary was NOT as low as my friend guessed. Still less than what I was making, but I can make it work. :)
❤❤❤❤❤🤞🤞🤞

We finally got through VA and the corner of WVA and into PA.
😁
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 1:46 pm
LIPH wrote: July 17, 2018 11:58 am
Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 11:34 am
LIPH wrote: July 17, 2018 9:51 am Good morning peoples. It never did rain yesterday and the forecast for today is thunderstorms. I don't know if I should believe them.

There's a really busy intersection on Highway 17, about 2 miles south of where I live. The first couple of years I lived here, there were quite a few accidents there even though there's a light and at sometime in the red light/green light cycle there was a left turn arrow for each of the 4 directions. They decided to build an overpass to help with traffic flow. After more than 3 years of construction the northbound side finally opened last month, the southbound side didn't open until yesterday. I have to make a left at that intersection to get to my dentist's office. With construction on the overpass finally complete, maybe it'll be easier to make that left turn when I go to the dentist tomorrow morning.
Do you know where you might be in proximity to a community with something called "The Market Common" ? Close church friends moved into a home near/in there yesterday.
The Market Common is pretty close, about 5 or 6 miles from me. It's a really nice area and they have a lot of events there. They have a St. Patrick's Day festival (they call it Irish Fest now), Oktoberfest, they just had an Italian festival last month, they do a big New Year's Eve thing, complete with dropping the ball at midnight. There are some good restaurants, a place called The Brass Tap that has about 50 beers on tap, a lot of little shops. It's bigger than it was when I moved here, there's been a lot of residential construction and they're still building more housing. The land it's built on used to be the old Myrtle Beach Air Force base, which closed sometime back in the '90s.
Wow!! thanks for the info. we are hoping they love it there (and that we can sometime accept their offer to visit -- only about $110 round trip from us to them)
I had an appointment to donate platelets at the Red Cross this afternoon and I took the long way home. From what could be considered the downtown area of The Market Common, where all the shops and restaurants are, it was 4.6 miles to the parking lot at my condo.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 17, 2018 4:53 pm Please cross your fingers... Met the guy I'd support, he barely asked any questions, cause he got such a nice report from my interview last week. And I liked him. Salary was NOT as low as my friend guessed. Still less than what I was making, but I can make it work. :)
Just popping in to send some phin power Penny's way.

~~/)~~/)~~/)~~
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Yay!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good luck Penny, I hope this is the one.

Damn, did we just have a rainstorm. :o The only thing missing was lightning.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: July 17, 2018 5:19 pm
Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 1:46 pm
LIPH wrote: July 17, 2018 11:58 am
Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 11:34 am
LIPH wrote: July 17, 2018 9:51 am Good morning peoples. It never did rain yesterday and the forecast for today is thunderstorms. I don't know if I should believe them.

There's a really busy intersection on Highway 17, about 2 miles south of where I live. The first couple of years I lived here, there were quite a few accidents there even though there's a light and at sometime in the red light/green light cycle there was a left turn arrow for each of the 4 directions. They decided to build an overpass to help with traffic flow. After more than 3 years of construction the northbound side finally opened last month, the southbound side didn't open until yesterday. I have to make a left at that intersection to get to my dentist's office. With construction on the overpass finally complete, maybe it'll be easier to make that left turn when I go to the dentist tomorrow morning.
Do you know where you might be in proximity to a community with something called "The Market Common" ? Close church friends moved into a home near/in there yesterday.
The Market Common is pretty close, about 5 or 6 miles from me. It's a really nice area and they have a lot of events there. They have a St. Patrick's Day festival (they call it Irish Fest now), Oktoberfest, they just had an Italian festival last month, they do a big New Year's Eve thing, complete with dropping the ball at midnight. There are some good restaurants, a place called The Brass Tap that has about 50 beers on tap, a lot of little shops. It's bigger than it was when I moved here, there's been a lot of residential construction and they're still building more housing. The land it's built on used to be the old Myrtle Beach Air Force base, which closed sometime back in the '90s.
Wow!! thanks for the info. we are hoping they love it there (and that we can sometime accept their offer to visit -- only about $110 round trip from us to them)
I had an appointment to donate platelets at the Red Cross this afternoon and I took the long way home. From what could be considered the downtown area of The Market Common, where all the shops and restaurants are, it was 4.6 miles to the parking lot at my condo.

Sooooo. We could visit them and you in the same trip 😀
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Good thoughts and prayers coming to you.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

All phins crossed for you!
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Thanks, all. :D I *think* I'm the only one in consideration. The wife of one of Cameron's buddy's at work knew I was looking. (I like her, too). She works there. They hired someone for the position, and they didn't show up. The day after that, I did my online application, and HR contacted me the next day, and first interview the following day.

Linda, did you get any rain?
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 17, 2018 10:07 pm Thanks, all. :D I *think* I'm the only one in consideration. The wife of one of Cameron's buddy's at work knew I was looking. (I like her, too). She works there. They hired someone for the position, and they didn't show up. The day after that, I did my online application, and HR contacted me the next day, and first interview the following day.

Fingers crossed Penny!
Back to livin' Floridays
SeattleParrotHead
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

MsMod wrote: I *think* I'm the only one in consideration.
Phingers crossed, phins crossed, eyes crossed......
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Sending some positive job thoughts from down under!!!
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

Saltx3 wrote: July 17, 2018 9:08 pm
Good thoughts and prayers coming to you.
Prayers for you, Penny!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm

springparrot wrote: July 17, 2018 5:03 pm
❤❤❤❤❤🤞🤞🤞

We finally got through VA and the corner of WVA and into PA.
😁
Soundslike you were on 81. Yes it does seem endless going thru Virginia. My son just graduated from VTech, so we have spent MANY hours on that road! But the mountains are so beautiful.
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SMLCHNG wrote: July 17, 2018 10:07 pm Thanks, all. :D I *think* I'm the only one in consideration. The wife of one of Cameron's buddy's at work knew I was looking. (I like her, too). She works there. They hired someone for the position, and they didn't show up. The day after that, I did my online application, and HR contacted me the next day, and first interview the following day.

A little -- as in enough to make it more humid -- but a little is better than none.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda