Sail On Conolulu

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Re: Sail On Conolulu

Post by big john »

Sail on Connie. Good luck on your new journey. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
frognot
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Old Fashioned or an IPA

Post by frognot »

Sail on Connie. :cry:
Hank Hill : Just in case I'm incapacitated for some reason, do you know how to start a man's heart with a downed power line?

Bobby: No.

Hank : Well, there's really no wrong way to do it.
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

So much sadness all over BuffettNation today. Hope she is telling all of the wacky things that have happened to her over the years. Sail on Connie!
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
fabduo
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by fabduo »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That's all I've been doing for a week now
Sail on my Friend -Love ya to the moon & back & all over the world!!!
ImageImageImageImage

Ceol na Mara
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: "Jimmy Dreams"
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Frzn Strwbrry Daq w/real strwbrr & real cream

Post by Ceol na Mara »

Sail on in peace, sweet Conolulu.
May God comfort your loved ones.

Safely Home
I am home in heaven, dear ones;
oh, so happy and so bright!
There is a perfect joy and
beauty in the everlasting light.
All the pain and grief is over,
every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
safely home in heaven at last.
There is work still waiting for you,
so you must not idly stand,
do it now, while life remaineth–
you shall rest in God’s own land.
When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you home;
oh, the rapture of that meeting
oh, the joy to see you come!
docandjeanie
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Love in the library, Happily Ever after
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Jumbie

Post by docandjeanie »

[quote="fabduo"]:cry: :cry: :cry:
That's all I've been doing for a week now
Sail on my Friend -Love ya to the moon & back & all over the world!!![/quote

Hugs to you, Sweet Susan <3
ImageImageImage
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

I really wish I could've met Connie. I have a feeling we'd have made good friends.....I think, from what I've seen and heard, that we are kinda alike. Sail on, Conolulu ! [smilie=hearts.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
rich_big
At the Bama Breeze

Post by rich_big »

I was sorry to read this news....
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Rest easy now Connie. Sail on
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

So sad to hear this news... :(

Thoughts and prayers from Mr. and Mrs. Lefty to Connie's family, and her extended BN phamily.

Sail on Connie. ~~~~/)~~~~
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.
palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

I'm not very active on this thing and I don't know most of you. In fact I only know a few folks on here. So many condolences have been offered as well as numerous heartfelt expressions of sympathy.

Connie was surely loved by her friends. I can't add a thing to the thoughts which have already been posted. But I'll share this with you.

A few years ago (I don't remember how many) I got to know Connie on facebook. (I quit the facebook thing quite some time back.) I sought out her friendship because of her connection with Charleston, my home town. We shared some private messages back in those days in a attempt to see if we had any mutual friends down here.

There was something I discovered about Connie that I'm sure many of you know. But some of you may not.

I don't know how we got around to it but we discovered that we both enjoyed reading. It may have come from discussing one of Jimmy's books - I just don't remember now. But for those of you who don't know, Connie was an incredibly talented writer. She shared some of her work with me privately. Sadly, I didn't save any of it.

She had the special gift that all of us who read wish we had - the gift of prose. And yes, it is a gift. God blesses one with it. She, as well as I, was a fan of Pat Conroy, who of course is master of prose.

I remember writing to her that she had a book in her somewhere and that if she ever put a story together I would be at the front of the line at her first book signing. Maybe she has a manuscript put away somewhere. I have no way of knowing that. But if there is one in hiding, we would be fortunate if a family member found it, dusted it off, and shared it with us.

I was just thinking of how talented and blessed she was and the world never got to see that part of her, and I wanted to share these observations with you.

In closing I'll offer this. Connie was a lowcountry girl. I'm a lowcountry boy. She asked me once if I remembered a passage from The Prince of Tides (by Pat Conroy) where Tom Wingo described himself and his bond to the lowcountry. Wingo was Conroy. Pat always included elements of truth in his works. But I immediately knew the passage she spoke of and told her so. I asked her why she mentioned it. She told me those words described her and how she would always feel. I don't think she was being dramatic. I'm sure she was sincere. I guess this is how I'll remember Connie since I never met her. For those of you who aren't familiar with it I'll close by sharing.

The Prince of Tides. "To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from his silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open you an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' I would say, 'Breathe deeply,' and you would breathe and remember that smell for the rest of your life, the bold, fecund aroma of the tidal marsh, exquisite and sensual, the smell of the South in heat, a smell like new milk, semen and spilled wine, all perfumed with seawater. My soul grazes like a lamb on the beauty of indrawn tides.....I was shaped by life on the river, part child, part sacristan of tides....my heart belongs in the marshlands....my heart is a lowcountry heart.....'

Connie is many things to many people. This is how I'll remember Connie.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

palmettopirate wrote:I'm not very active on this thing and I don't know most of you. In fact I only know a few folks on here. So many condolences have been offered as well as numerous heartfelt expressions of sympathy.

Connie was surely loved by her friends. I can't add a thing to the thoughts which have already been posted. But I'll share this with you.

A few years ago (I don't remember how many) I got to know Connie on facebook. (I quit the facebook thing quite some time back.) I sought out her friendship because of her connection with Charleston, my home town. We shared some private messages back in those days in a attempt to see if we had any mutual friends down here.

There was something I discovered about Connie that I'm sure many of you know. But some of you may not.

I don't know how we got around to it but we discovered that we both enjoyed reading. It may have come from discussing one of Jimmy's books - I just don't remember now. But for those of you who don't know, Connie was an incredibly talented writer. She shared some of her work with me privately. Sadly, I didn't save any of it.

She had the special gift that all of us who read wish we had - the gift of prose. And yes, it is a gift. God blesses one with it. She, as well as I, was a fan of Pat Conroy, who of course is master of prose.

I remember writing to her that she had a book in her somewhere and that if she ever put a story together I would be at the front of the line at her first book signing. Maybe she has a manuscript put away somewhere. I have no way of knowing that. But if there is one in hiding, we would be fortunate if a family member found it, dusted it off, and shared it with us.

I was just thinking of how talented and blessed she was and the world never got to see that part of her, and I wanted to share these observations with you.

In closing I'll offer this. Connie was a lowcountry girl. I'm a lowcountry boy. She asked me once if I remembered a passage from The Prince of Tides (by Pat Conroy) where Tom Wingo described himself and his bond to the lowcountry. Wingo was Conroy. Pat always included elements of truth in his works. But I immediately knew the passage she spoke of and told her so. I asked her why she mentioned it. She told me those words described her and how she would always feel. I don't think she was being dramatic. I'm sure she was sincere. I guess this is how I'll remember Connie since I never met her. For those of you who aren't familiar with it I'll close by sharing.

The Prince of Tides. "To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from his silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open you an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' I would say, 'Breathe deeply,' and you would breathe and remember that smell for the rest of your life, the bold, fecund aroma of the tidal marsh, exquisite and sensual, the smell of the South in heat, a smell like new milk, semen and spilled wine, all perfumed with seawater. My soul grazes like a lamb on the beauty of indrawn tides.....I was shaped by life on the river, part child, part sacristan of tides....my heart belongs in the marshlands....my heart is a lowcountry heart.....'

Steve, thanks for sharing your great memories of Connie. :D

Debbie
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

You're welcome Debbie.
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

palmettopirate wrote:I'm not very active on this thing and I don't know most of you. In fact I only know a few folks on here. So many condolences have been offered as well as numerous heartfelt expressions of sympathy.

This is beautiful!! There is a For the Love of Connie Facebook page. Can I copy and paste it there for all of her loved ones to see?
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
Buffettfansphriend
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by Buffettfansphriend »

Been a long time since I've been here. Sail on Lulu I'll miss you always xoxoxo M3 M3
It takes a heart to find what the eyes don't always see.
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

@Tiki Bar. Absolutely. Feel free to share as you wish.
pbans
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by pbans »

Steve,
Thank you for sharing that.
If I should leave this world as wealthy as Connie,
my life would be complete.
Paige in Utah
"Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on"
Shrimper Dan P
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: The Champagne of Beers
Location: Live...from the Southern Command in sunny South Florida

Post by Shrimper Dan P »

Sail on Connie.

I learned of her passing on Sunday afternoon when Kelley and I met with Steve "Finsupinfl" to train his dog and have a few beers. Reading these comments and stories brings a few tears to my eyes. My sympathies to her family and BN phriends.
On the corner of 'Walk' and 'Don't Walk' somewhere on US 1.
He's just singing and ordering drinks.

The Weather Channel girl with her perfect weather curl... TS Fay 8/17/08
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

Laura shared Connie's obituary.

http://www.fbnewsleader.com/view/full_s ... in_article

Perfect!
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Tiki Bar wrote:Laura shared Connie's obituary.

http://www.fbnewsleader.com/view/full_s ... in_article

Perfect!
Absolutely lovely.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...