Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Wildh2oskier
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: There is no way to pick just one.
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with whiskey in it
Location: Central Alabama, center of the state middle of nowhere

Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Post by Wildh2oskier »

(Sorry if there is a thread similar to this all ready.)

I've had a couple of folks on here ask me exactly who this "Wild H2Oskier" person is so I decided to start a thread where people can put up what ever biographical info about themselves they feel comfortable with. Now this is not only for new people and casual users (like myself) but for the grizzled old birds on here too. Not everyone naturally knows who you are.
This thread will help with a few things, it will give us a name to go with your ultra cool screen name (if you want to post it) and it will help to make other BNers more accessible if you need them for something. Again if its been done I do apologize for being late to the party. But I had a great time getting here.

I'm Calvin Elliott From Centreville Alabama. Been listening to Buffett since the mid 70's when some of the older kids played me some of his music. I work in Maintenance @ a major American tire manufacturing facility in Tuscaloosa. I have a wife and two daughters and my "one particular harbor" would either be skiing on one of the lakes around here or harassing the locals down on the Gulf Coast.

Now please tell the class a little about yourself.....
bravedave
At the Bama Breeze

Re: Introduce yourself to the rest of the phlok.

Post by bravedave »

My name is Dave.
[HI DAVE]
I live outside the Nation's Capital, on the watery side. I have been a Buffett fan since about 1977, when the older kid in my neighborhood played me an 8-track tape. Been to a few concerts: Merriweather Post, William & Mary, Starlake, Nissan Pavilion, St Bart's. But it's been a while.
I like to listen to concerts on Radio Margaritaville while I grill and chill in the yard. My kids were fans, but then they grew up. (I keep asking them for pointers)
I like to read a lot (even on that old ListServ in the early 90s), but I don't post very much. I used to post much more often, especially on CoBO, but I keep a little quieter now.
Keep it rolling.
Who's up next?
JollyMon66
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by JollyMon66 »

I'm Steve and I live in southeastern PA. I'm not Amish...thought that was worth noting. I've followed Buffett since college days. Many of the BN regulars already know me from here, FB, or shows. PM me if you would like to connect on FB. If you don't look like a creeper I'll tell you how to get hold of me... ;)
Image Image Image
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane ...
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

:D Hi, I'm Penny. Small Change was a nickname my dad gave me when I was young. I shortened that to SMLCHNG a while ago. I saw my first concert in 1996 at what was Fiddlers Green, in Colorado. Made a zillion friends on BN, and met a whole bunch of them at various concerts. One of the best friendships I made was with Elrod. Later in our years, we had fun meeting others at concerts in different parts of the country. One thing led to another, and we became engaged during a house concert with Sunny Jim on 9-23-06, at another BN'ers house in FL. I was totally surprised. We were married on 6-23-07, in Colorado - and shock! A tailgate broke out at our wedding. LOL!! :D
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Hi my name is Tom , Tommy , TJ ( depending who i'm around) , Thomas ( only mom)...became a fan in 1992 , I was playing baseball with a guy. and he and his wife invited me to a concert,Hooked ever sense. I live in the Northwest hills of Connecticut, but grew up summers on Cape Cod. Huge Sports fan and avid golfer. Presently unemployed . But , my background is Sales , Estimating and Project managing in the Flooring Industry , also Bartend at a local theatre ( great for seeing free shows) and off site weddings through a catering company. I met a lot of great people who i call friends through Buffett and BN. And i was at Penny's engagement party.
gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

Hello
Another Dave here..
From Southeastern MA. married to Barb (Ragtop Girl)
I've not been a Buffett fan as long as many of the others here but what I lack in years I make up in enthusiasm.
Met many BN folks over the years and what makes this place wonderful is that wherever you go you'll have a friend..
It's kinda like Cheers ! :D
Last edited by gunthermoose on March 6, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

long-time listener, first time caller. Someday I'll come out of my shell and travel for events.
Joetown Parrothead
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Wino and I know
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite & Cabo

Post by Joetown Parrothead »

BR or Billy Ray.... Golf, BBQ, Cooking, Cabo, Miller Lite
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)

Post by nutmeg »

Hi I'm Nancy. I live in Michigan (and love it here) I visit the tropics a lot but don't want to live there. I became a fan and joined this board in the fall of 2001. My first concert was the delayed Chicago one after 9/11. I've since been to a few Chicago concerts, one to Alpine Valley, a few to Pine Knob, Hoot Island and the Honolulu Shell.

I'm retired after 31 years of corporate confinement and now make jewelry for a small artist co-op.

I'm owned by 3 cats Amber, Nutmeg and Domino. (no surprise to anyone here)
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

My name is Jeff and I'm a Buffettholic. I live in Maryland, due north of DC. Been to concerts at Jiffy Lube/Nissan, Merriweather & Starlake. I'm probably the last man standing for Bristow. I have two little girls. I spend my summers on BN and the rest of the year on Facebook. I work for a non-profit veterinary organization doing residency-related stuff and as webmaster. I used to play guitar & drums and I feel like I have about zero free time outside of 9-5. I'll never hear Nautical Wheelers live so I really should just let it go already.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Name is Jon and for the past 10 years I have worked for Kenny Chesney with specific duties to steal Parrot Head influenced music from Jimmy Buffett and bring it back to the Chesney camp.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
TongaTam
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: TONGA JUICE!!!

Post by TongaTam »

drunkpirate66 wrote:Name is Jon and for the past 10 years I have worked for Kenny Chesney with specific duties to steal Parrot Head influenced music from Jimmy Buffett and bring it back to the Chesney camp.
instigator! :-P

oh and Hi!! I'm Tonga Tam!
TongaTam.com
Great Woods 2015 ~ Another Voyage to Paradise April 23, 2016 ~ Campstock ~ High Seas Jamboree 2! ~ Annual after GW at the Combah! ~ MOTM 2015!
JollyMon66

Post by JollyMon66 »

This has turned into a first rate BA meeting ("Buffett Anonymous") ;)
Image Image Image
Hockey Mon
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything with a guitar in it
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: The one that's free
Location: On the far side of the Washington Capitals rink in VA

Post by Hockey Mon »

My name is Andy. I've live in the Washington DC area my whole life and currently I'm in Northern VA. I've been following Buffett since 1990 when I went to see Buffett with my parents @ Merriweather Post. I've been there and Nissan. Sadly, I haven't travelled anywhere to go see him as my wife would think I was nuts to do so. (She mostly get it, or is at least tolerant of it). I took my name from the song Jolly Mon (not Steve) which is one my favorites and put Hockey in there since I'm a bit of a hockey nut. I enjoy warm weather but really like winter time activities. I'm in the IT field and work for HP. I'll be standing next to Jeff as the second to last man standing @ Nissan. And I like beer and Dark n' Stormys.
Twenty degrees and the hockey games on...
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Hockey Mon wrote:I'll be standing next to Jeff as the second to last man standing @ Nissan.
By the time this thread dies, I'll have changed my avatar and this'll be pointing at a picture of my daughters wearing a cheeseburger hat or some nonsense like that and this image won't make any sense.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
carolinapiratechik
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Favorite Boat Drink: I'm a beer girl

Post by carolinapiratechik »

Good idea!

I am Jamie from a small town outside of Charlotte, NC. I am originally from Rockville, MD but moved South in 1994 and love the relatively mild winters and little to no snowfall.

I joined the Margaritaville movement relatively late in the game with my first concert being in 2002. To date, I have only attended one concert outside of Charlotte-that being the "Great Flood Tour" in Nashville in 2009.

I have worked in the companion animal world in a variety of roles for over 20 years including my work at an animal shelter and an animal hospital. I currently work for a veterinary distributor in customer service & sales.

In my spare time I like to hang out with friends and spend most of the summer boating on a local lake. My family consists of my husband of 23 years, two cats (Freya & Mango) and two Poodles (Groovy & newly-adopted Carmen).

Lastly, I am anxiously awaiting the annoucement of a Charlotte concert for 2012!!!
My pal, Groovy
Save a life, adopt a pet
Adopted Aug. 11, 2010
http://carolinapoodlerescue.org/
drunkfin66
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin cup for a Chalice
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and coke

Post by drunkfin66 »

Hey everyone, I'm new to the registration on BN and I need a little help here. I've noticed that some of you have your picture posted in the upper leftside and curious as how you do this, I also have seen a few have a picture posted at the bottom of there post along with some awesome quotes, need to know how to do that too. All help would be greatly appreciated. Fins Up [smilie=superkewl.gif]
zippy
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Day Dreamin'
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita no salt

Post by zippy »

aka Linda and I'm Bristow bound! Another PH in DC area and go/been to concerts in Tampa, Vegas, Bristow, and Merriweather. I usually don't jump online until a concert broadcast but have met a few BN'ers at concerts. I enjoy reading comments and hope to run into some of you at Bristow whether tailgating or in the beer line!

:wench: :wench:
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

drunkfin66 wrote:Hey everyone, I'm new to the registration on BN and I need a little help here. I've noticed that some of you have your picture posted in the upper leftside and curious as how you do this, I also have seen a few have a picture posted at the bottom of there post along with some awesome quotes, need to know how to do that too. All help would be greatly appreciated. Fins Up [smilie=superkewl.gif]
Go to the User Control Panel (look up top), and then profile. There you access your "Avatar" and "Signature Line". :)
JollyMon66

Post by JollyMon66 »

Image Image Image