Photo Op!!

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Photo Op!!

Post by LIPH »

Dr.Corona wrote:So the cute girl at the Beerhaus must have got you a bit tipsey!! :o :wink: At least you can actually READ his autograph. That's a big plus!! Any earth shattering conversation with him you'd like to share?
What can I say, I have a weakness for good beer and cute young blonde bartenders. She wasn't there just to be eye candy either. I went to the Beer Haus twice and she was there both times. It wasn't too busy either time so we chatted about the various beers they have, there were a lot from Nevada and California that I never heard of before, and she knew her beer. She even recommended one that she said was her favorite beer and it was really good - Pizza Port Swami's IPA.

I told Pete I was from NY and had been a Mets fan since I was a kid so I had to ask him about the fight with Bud Harrelson in the 1973 playoffs. He laughed and said they eventually became teammates on the Phillies for a year and he liked Bud. I mentioned that Harrelson was co-owner of a minor league baseball team on Long Island and Pete said "the Ducks." How would Pete Rose know about the LI Ducks? :lol: He said he never liked playing the Mets because it meant he had to hit against Tom Seaver and Jerry Koosman. He was very friendly, although it might have helped that I told him I thought he belonged in the Hall Of Fame "because somebody got all those hits." He thanked me for saying that then said "yeah, I did get all those hits, didn't I?" :lol: He seemed like the kind of guy you could have a beer with and talk baseball for hours.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Good for you, HOG. [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

This was one of the vendors that was at the Southern Times Square celebration on New Year's Eve. It isn't as good as it sounds.

The big disco ball hanging from a crane. :lol:

The fireworks were a little better than the ball dropping.
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

It must be a pretty good day for sailing (or flying)... these guys were hanging around outside my bedroom window this morning.

ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Post by johnson2113 »

So, with all the tech we have I've been really pushing to create a YouTube channel. I've already planned through football season with the latest addition. This maybe one of the best cameras I have in my possession right now.

From 1,000 feet away and 400 feet high, I can get some awesome shots.

And video is even better. My plan is to shoot the baseball team picture with Desperation Storm. Then when the football team scrimmages I'll shoot video of the whole game. It has been surprisingly easy to fly, landing was the hardest part and I've gotten that figured out. I'll have more details in the Sharks 2017 thread.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I meant to post this when I got home yesterday, this was the video screen in Las Vegas Saturday.

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

LIPH wrote: April 5, 2017 10:49 am I meant to post this when I got home yesterday, this was the video screen in Las Vegas Saturday.

Thanx for posting this, Larry - I'd been wondering what's up with the tour name - now I DO know.

So, he's either going to take 2.75 years to come up with a new tour name - or just retire before 2020, whichever is easier. :wink: :lol: Or redo the graphic...
A most mysterious calling harbour
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray
and I finally...disappear. BUT NOT YET!!

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I've been a little slow since I got back from Las Vegas last week. I didn't take too many pictures, but here are a few.

Does this mean I don't get butter and maple syrup with my pancakes?

Chocolate Statue Of Liberty in the Hershey store

The ACM Awards were in Vegas that weekend so there were a lot of country musicians around. This is a guy named Chris Young playing at Loser's Bar in the MGM Grand.

This is why there wasn't a pool party at the Flamingo before the Buffett show. A band called Old Dominion was at the Go Pool. About 45 minutes into their set, they started having problems with the PA system. They stopped playing while the techie guys tried to solve the problem. The band members went to the edge of the stage and were signing autographs, then started tossing beers out to the crowd. The event was sponsored by MillerCoors.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Going back to last month when the Myrtle Beach Pelicans had a ticket pick up party at the ballpark for season ticket holders, I had asked several people from the front office if it was possible to throw out the first pitch at a game - they have fans throw out the first pitch at every game. Each time I asked, I was told you had to be at the game as part of a group of at least 15 people and 1 or 2 people from the group would get to throw out the first pitch. I wasn't part of a group but I talked my way onto the field at last night's game. There's a smudge of dirt underneath the "P" in Pelicans, I bounced it in front of the plate. :oops:

It was also Special Olympics Night and they had the first jersey auction of the season. The Pelicans have a relief pitcher named James Norwood who is from New York City, I bid on his jersey and was the only bidder so I won. I thought I had a chance to get a jersey that wasn't all sweaty but then he pitched the 9th inning. I hung it up in the laundry room to dry off and de-stinkify when I got home. :lol:

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Awesome Stuff. Nice that they're taking care of their season ticket holders.
Didn't impress any scouts with your pitching performance eh Larry?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Dr.Corona wrote: April 16, 2017 10:33 am Awesome Stuff. Nice that they're taking care of their season ticket holders.
Didn't impress any scouts with your pitching performance eh Larry?
I will not be signing with the Chicago Cubs.

On the bright side, I had told them I wanted to throw out the first pitch because yesterday was my 65th birthday. The on field hostess mentioned that when she introduced me and a bunch of people in the stands yelled "Happy Birthday" while I was walking out to the mound. I didn't tell them I used to be a lawyer in NYC, I didn't want to get booed. :lol:
Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

Awesome stuff, Larry! Thanx for sharing. :D
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The Myrtle Beach Pelicans have a Military Appreciation Night every year. It was supposed to be Saturday but the game was rained out so they moved it to yesterday and played a double header. They usually have either "MB" or the pelican head logo on the field behind home plate, this is what they had yesterday. (I wasn't at the game, I paused the action and took these pictures off the TV screen. :lol:)

The team wore these jerseys in the second game of the double header. Instead of the usual silent auction they have when they wear special jerseys, they had a raffle for these. You had to be either active duty or former military to get a raffle ticket.

The 2 base runners were going back to their respective bases after the batter hit a foul ball. The guy going back to first base hit a home run in the first game that went over those bleachers in left field, completely out of the ballpark.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

There's a place here in Myrtle Beach called The Boathouse. They have free concerts every Friday night and during the warmer months they have free concerts Sunday afternoons on the outside stage. It's on the intracoastal so there are always people in boats listening to the music. The dog didn't seem impressed by Frankie Ballard. :lol:
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

This year there are 2 new teams in the league the Pelicans play in. Last night's game was against one of the new teams, the Down East Wood Ducks. Their manager is Howard Johnson, who played in the major leagues for 14 years, including 9 years with the Mets.

I went to a game when I was in Asheville earlier this week. The ballpark is the smallest one I've ever seen, and I don't mean seating capacity. It's only 373 feet to centerfield, most ballparks are 400 feet or more. Right field is only 297 feet. (crappy pictures, I only had my phone with me)

That high wall is right field doesn't help much, they hit 3 home runs over it.
johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Post by johnson2113 »

Most of the time it seems like the storms are where I am not, and when I expect them they are somewhere else.

This one I had the drone up and was shooting, it started getting closer so I switched to my regular camera. When it hit the winds were in the neighborhood of 60+ MPH. It was wild. The temp dropped about 20 degrees.

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Lauren Jenkins doing an acoustic set in the Blue Moon tent at the Carolina Country Music Festival. She said she was working as a bartender and her boyfriend came into the bar with another woman so she wrote a song about it. "I don't like to "Taylor Swift" people but I had to write this song." :lol: Image

I'm not one to pass up a good photo op. 8) She liked my Little Feat t-shirt.

Martyritaville
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Martyritaville »

LIPH wrote: June 11, 2017 11:41 am Lauren Jenkins doing an acoustic set in the Blue Moon tent at the Carolina Country Music Festival.
[smilie=superkewl.gif] HOG still rules!
So far, but yet, so near
Where I see the day
When my hair's full gray

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Martyritaville wrote: June 11, 2017 2:17 pm
LIPH wrote: June 11, 2017 11:41 am Lauren Jenkins doing an acoustic set in the Blue Moon tent at the Carolina Country Music Festival.
[smilie=superkewl.gif] HOG still rules!
My question is who's the HOG's hired gun that takes all these great
Photos??????? [smilie=gunhappyyank.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are in the Chicago Cubs organization. They've had a Cubs World Series ring on display in the concourse of the ballpark all season. They recently added the Pelicans back to back Carolina League Championship rings. The one on the left with the "MB" logo is the 2015 ring and the one on the right with the pelican head logo is the 2016 ring.